1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin or George Hill?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who is better?

1. Jeremy Lin

208 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. George Hill

202 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I wouldn't say Hill is inferior. I think they are similar level and think Hill is actually better overall atm. But Hill is 2 yra older and I think Lin has more upside

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Lin is the better PG and slasher, Hill is better at everything else. Hill has played in a really good system with Pop and the Spurs and has learned to play the right way. He is much more experienced but still make bone-head moves, is quite inconsistent and become uptight in away/clutch situations. He is more of a glue guy who does everything quite good.

Lin has a lot more upside both in terms of scoring and passing. He is much more exciting to watch, making spectacular lay-ups and passes. Turnovers come with it. He is probably the better midrange shooter.

Right now, I'd give a slight edge to Hill because of his lower turnovers and man defense. I'm pretty sure Lin will surpass him in a year or two, when he has more experience under his belt and has overcome some of his weaknesses.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I think it's arguable that Hill is a better fit next to Harden or ball-dominant SG/SFs, but functioning as a typical PG, Lin has him beat in most areas.

I'd take the second half of Lin's season over Hill any time, and if you put Lin next to Paul George and Lance Stephenson (or for probably 20-25 teams in the NBA), he'd do much better than Hill.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

If we're going to upgrade at point, then I sure hope we can do better than George Hill. Hill is nothing more than a SG masquerading as a PG. He has a tendency to pound the ball at the top of the key then throw it to Paul George with 5 secs left to chuck up a prayer. Isn't that what this board criticizes Harden for doing all the time?

Hill also looks too tentative at times and struggles to initiate the offense. There's a reason why Lance Stephenson and Paul George split point guard duties with him.

Lin is a much better playmaker than Hill. Hill's handles are just as shaky as Lin's when under pressure.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Lin hasn't played one single good game under the pressure and bright lights of playoffs but you want to bash Hill who has proven a lot more playing in the playoffs. Give me a break Lin homers he simply choked hopefully he plays better next year but Hill is starting for a team that's two wins from the NBA finals.

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I am shocked the poll is this close. I would flip Lin for Hill in a heartbeat. I am sick of this Lin is an unfinished product BS, who cares? Hill is a known commodity who you know can produce, plus he would compliment Harden well. Its not like Lins ceiling is an All-Star, his ceiling is Kyle Lowry.

7. yunac010

yunac010 Member

First of all I'm not a Lin homer. In fact, I'm not even a huge fan of the guy. I'm just saying if we're going to upgrade at the point (and I believe we have to), then I hope we don't settle for a guy like Hill, who imo isn't any better than Lin. They're both at the same level to me.

And I'd say the Pacers' playoff success has more to do with Hibbert and West (and to an extent Paul George) than Hill. Sure the Pacers missed him in game 5 against the Knicks, but that was cause DJ Augustin is downright terrible.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They are not on the same level dude that's simply obvious... Hill is not playing scary and continuously turning over the ball in the first round of the playoffs.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

George Hill as of right now. He would be a better fit here as well. In terms of upside Lin of course.

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'd take Lin. It seems like George Hill has trouble setting up the Pacers' offense from time to time, and even taking the ball up to half-court.

11. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Their offensive stat is almost identical but Hill is a better defender and off ball guard. I'll take Hill especially playing along side of Harden. However, Lin has shown glimpse of his potential last season. It's worth the gamble imo with Lin but we'll never know what kind of Lin will turn out in the future. He may very well reach his potential or he can still be an inconsistent bust.

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Tough to compare, different situations. People mentioned Hill's defense a lot, but it's a lot easier to look like a good defender when your team has, uh like an actual defensive system. You put any PG in that system next to Hibbert, West and George and they'd look better.

Either way it's a push to me. If I had to win now though, it's hard to argue against Hill and what the Pacers are doing. I'd take Lin going forward though, he's too good of a passer to give up on now. It's not too hard to imagine Lin playing a similar role as Hill for the Rockets in a couple years though. Defensive beast + 2-3 all stars + solid PG that plays D and makes plays every once in a while.

Neither team pulls the trigger on the deal though because you never want to break up a young nucleus unless you can get a CLEAR upgrade like Kevin Martin or Jeremy Lamb.

14. gate470

gate470 Rookie

He's not a terrible PG but clearly, he is not a PG. Sometimes he has trouble setting up their offense and his court vision is meh but his D an rebounding is good.

I don't think he's better than Lin but he could be a better fit next to Harden.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

George Hill sure is ballin right now in game 6

16. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

I can't believe people are taking Hill
    over lin. George has no PG skill at all.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah but it depends if people are talking about the better point guard or the better fit on the current Houston team w/Harden. Personally I think its rediculous to trash Lin, the dude is coming off his first season as an NBA starter and at times showed ALOT of potential. He has alot of upside if he continues to develop

18. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

If Lin is traded to Pacers. The Lin and Hibbert PnR duo will be extremely deadly and powerful.:grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqBb8J_JM4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Hibbert was traded to the Rockets for Lin...

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What a stupid thing to say...:rolleyes: