1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thomas Robinson's trade value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 19, 2013.

?

What's the highest 2013 pick that a team is likely to offer for Thomas Robinson?

1. Top 5

17 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 6-10

61 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. 11-15

98 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. 16-20

50 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. 21-25

40 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. 26-30

19 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. 31-40

21 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. 40-60

12 vote(s)
    3.5%
  9. The Rockets have to give up a 2nd round pick for someone to take him off their hands

12 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. The Rockets have to give up a 1st round pick for someone to take him off their hands

14 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

His greatest value to the Rockets is as a prospect, not as a trade chip. Trading him would mean that two staffs (Sac and Houston) would have passed on him, which I'm sure would significantly impact his value.

Better to wait and see at this point. I still think he has elite potential, he just needs time.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

His contract makes him a negative value. Rockets have to give up a 2nd rounder to get rid of him.

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Im afraid that you might be right.

4. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

No matter what the value of Robinson is, we must keep him. In a few years, he will be a 15 points / 10 rebounds player. We must let him time to develop.
    When he was drafted, he was considered as a big potential guy. Lots of analysts were seing him as a 2nd choice chance after Davis.

5. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I agree with this. He wasn't developed properly in SAC so we need to here, he deserves the same chance as DMo. He is predicted as a high potential upside so it would be a bit premature not to see it through.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

When all the media are saying it's stupid to trade Trob for a package we give up, it pretty much speaks for itself what Trob's market value is -- much higher than what Ppat would worth.

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Skimming through the thread, I read this as "CH is now a POOF."

I laughed.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

By accident I stumped upon this Thomas Robinson trade value thread on the RealGM boards: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1239898

Some quotes:

Obviously just some random fans opinions and if you read some of the other posts, just like on here, there is no real general consensus on Robinson trade value, however I think something like #13 (CHA via POR) + Jeff Taylor is fairly reasonable value and could make sense for both teams.
    Remember that the buzz before the draft was that the Bobcats apparently loved Robinson and were strongly considering taking him #2.

9. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Given that the random Sacramento fan is, how should I say this, r****ded.

I don't care what they say. They got robbed. T robbed.

10. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

I will eat my shoes with a fork and knife if we get anything REMOTELY resembling the #13 pick for Robinson.

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well, everyone is going to be rooting for it to happen! :grin:

<iframe width="500" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/79x41eW6gDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

If the Rockets can get a future 13 pick it's a win. No way would Patterson have snared a late lottery pick who himself was drafted at 14.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Patterson cost less than Trob. He would probably had more of an impact. The only saving grace was garcia.

14. Progs

Progs Member

There has been rumors about teams trading their picks this year. Giving that it is a weak draft I said trade trob for a late lottery pick.

15. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I'd give him up for nothing if another team would take Royce too.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Ronbinson's trade value has dropped significantly since he came to the Rockets. Now that Morey is said to be actively shopping him, the value can't be that good.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Some of you guys are sweating who our roster fillers are; Morey is trying to land us a trio of superstars. As the Heat have shown, once you get that, the good role players come knocking on your door. And Patterson will AT BEST become a decent role player.

18. sks123

sks123 Member

late first rounder at the most, early second rounder is the least I expect us to be willing to trade for

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He's worth 15-30 imo, there is no way any team is going to offer a top 15 pick for a guy who
    A) hasnt performed
    B) has been shopped twice in his first year
    C) shows little promise outside of rebounding and hustle

20. basketballholic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If he'd stayed at Kansas, he'd be the #1 pick in a month. Yeouch. RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba">wojyahoonba</a>Rockets plan to trade Thomas Robinson to clear cap space.</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/340281359870328833">May 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>