1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Dwight Howard Reportedly Attracted to Omer Asik as a Front Court Partner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2013.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Perhaps the one Rage Against the Machine lives in. He shoots 62.0% from the field this year, he only dunks 25% of the time. You do the math. Mine comes out: he has a decent jumper. I didn't say he was deadly, I said 'decent'. I'm glad you immediately compare him to Dirk Nowitzki on his jumper though. Clearly you have high standards for decent.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

He was referring to him using this years cap number as his base. He isn't stating what the cap figure will be next year. No one knows...but it will most likely be 60+ mil

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Greg Smith never, and I mean NEVER, shoots jumpers. The times he doesn't dunk, he just throws up his little jump hook from 4 feet.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#184 Carl Herrera, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This would be a good thing, but thanks for the laugh. That's right up there with Dwight's crayon uni.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12HOU18.HTM

15% of the time. Yeah, I agree that his jumper is rare, but he takes one every two games. My memory of him doing so is that his form is pretty good and he usually gets himself within a distance he's comfortable with. Basically what I'm saying is, when I see Greg Smith take a jumper I do not get that feeling that I wished he passed it up.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That would be a great situation because it would mean that we have two All-NBA caliber centers. It would be easy to trade one and get much in return.

7. Asian Sensation

If the Mavericks were able to make Tyson Chandler and Brandan "Todd" :)grin: I don't know why it's funny bit it just is) Haywood work I'm pretty sure we'll figure out a way to make Asik/Howard work.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Love this thread title btw lol

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

imagine that clusterfuk...

I doubt that would work, but would not mind seeing it happen

10. jets fool

jets fool Member

I can't wait till next months free agency

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Twin Towers are making a comeback. (hopefully)

12. AFS

AFS Member

Wasn't Haywood injured most of that championship year? I thought that Haywood and Chandler never saw the floor together very much.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You jonesin' for the Sampson/Olajuwon Twin Towers? If through some amazing turn of events, we ended up with both Howard and Asik, the problem is that neither one plays remotely like either Ralph or Hakeem. Faulty Towers would be a more apt comparison, in my opinion. ;-)-

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You're right about the $58.044 million number and I apologise for the error but in actuality all my calculations were based on a projected cap number of $60 million.

I believe the cap will be set around July 9th?

There have been wild speculation both high and low. The latest info. I found on it was from Larry Coon on May 24th, 2013.

Read about Coon's thinking here:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary-cap-chat-with-larry-coon-52413

15. conquistador#11

I don't think it will be as sexy as hakeem and ralph or yao and weatherspoon even but it could work.

And if you want to beat the south beach divas, you're going to need big men that can get away with a little more physicality on the defensive side.

16. pass_to_Hakeem

From day 1 I have ALWAYS thought it would work. Howard can do a bit more on offense than Asik. The Oops will be much improved with Harden & Lin throwing lobs almost every other trip down. On defense it's gonna be hard to score in the paint

PLEASE HAPPEN!!!