1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrested Development to begin filming in 4 weeks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TdashDUB, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My gf got me into it last week. Been watching season 1, I've never seen it before. Pretty damn funny show.

Glad the new season is out on Netflix.

2. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Maybe a little, but his episodes were still funny as hell.

"Getaway, getaway..... run away, run away.....Priceless.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Hello darkness, my old friend" bits were pretty funny.

But there were no "Come on!" references, iirc. Which is lame.

The mind**** segment with Gob and Tony Wonder dragged on for a little too long, imo.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It would be fun to get together and watch these.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i loved it. hadn't laughed that hard in a long time

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

"I just stole this fair, young miss from a big, shot George Mahar....*****!"

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm halfway through season 2. This show is awesome.

8. jcee15

Indeed, sir.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great news!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrested-development-surpasses-house-cards-559226

The resurrection of cult favorite Arrested Development on Sunday has given Netflix its biggest hit yet. According to technology company Procera Networks, which measures broadband usage, one DSL network had 36 percent of devices watching Netflix on Sunday night when the company released 15 new episodes of the Mitch Hurwitz comedy. That was three times the number for Netflix's previous high-profile original entry, House of Cards.

And preliminary numbers from Procera show that 10 percent of viewers watched to episode 15 – underscoring the binge viewing propensity of streaming users.

"Xbox and PS3s generated the most traffic for Arrested Development on fixed line networks,” according to Cam Cullen, vp global marketing at Procera. “This is pretty common on most networks, with consoles usually being the favored Netflix viewing device, as well as supporting the highest resolution streaming today."

In fact, Arrested Development represented 10 percent of all Netflix traffic on one U.S.-based college network. (Procera won't say which one). Not surprisingly, the show peaked Sunday when it generated twice the traffic seen on Monday, with a range of 2 to 7 percent of total Netflix traffic on various networks being directly attributable to Arrested Development.

Netflix does not release streaming data for its programs. But Arrested Development has a built-in audience of fans who have long been pining for new episodes of the show. And the fourth season coming years after the show was originally canceled by Fox generated considerable early buzz. In the month before its May 26 bow, Arrested Development notched more than 170,000 social interactions on Twitter, Facebook and other sites, according to media intelligence company NetBase. Of those, 77 percent were positive while only 23 percent were negative.

Comparatively, House of Cards earned a little more than 51,000 interactions with 68 percent positive and 32 percent negative. And Lilyhammer, Netflix's first original series, released in February 2012, generated just 1,857 social interactions. Still, Arrested Development's social interactions are a fraction of some of the buzzy shows airing on linear television. NetBase tallied 1.2 million for HBO's Game of Thrones in the month before the show's third-season premiere last March.

10. vstexas09

^ Probably the one college is UC Irvine

11. jcee15

Or at Phoenix

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I think its great so far after the first 2 episodes

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It gets better as pieces of the whole come together.

14. spydermex

spydermex Member

Really starts cracking after the 7th episode. Will have to watch without binging to appreciate more.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm up to ep.4. Isla Fisher happens to be one of those actors I find dull. I find myself fast fowarding through her scenes. I hope she doesn't too much screen time in future episodes.

16. vstexas09

unfortunately, she is, and part of a major plot point

she is really pretty though, but not a fan of her in this show...

what i do to have charlize theron back though, or julia louis-dreyfus

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Or the first Marta.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I really did enjoy this season and it was good overall but it's missing of the magic from the original run. This show is a lot sharper when 2 or more of the family interacts with each other on a regular basis and theirs subplots B and C. Like all the jokes pertaining to a character are so focused in one or 2 episodes where in the original run they were spread throughout the season..which made the humor behind them more subtle. George Sr., Lindsay, etc. are great characters but they are best in smaller doses each episode. Cameos got too much screentime too. I know some of these problems couldn't be remedied though cause of the scheduling thing. Overall I'm happy this was even brought back.

19. VanityHalfBlack

for me it picks up at Episode 5 Tobias's Arrested Development..

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

8 episodes in so far. Really didn't like the second Lindsey episode at all, just felt like it dragged on for way too long. Marky Bark is a pretty lame character.