1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 21, 2011.

1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but would it help if I watch fast five first. It's got great reviews so I wouldn't really mind.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well I originally wanted to watch Star Trek for a second time (I missed the first 30 mins of the movie). She hasn't seen it and I told her it's really worth the 2.5 hours. But I guess hot dudes in FF are better than nerds in colored tights. So for those reading, I'm not a total wuss like what Vanity and Juxtaposed are trying to paint me to be :grin:

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'd recommend you watching it, if not for the sheer awesomeness. But it introduces The Rock character and how the group came about into a team.

FF6 is a continuation of that and gives you a back story of all the side details. Like with Letty and what not. But that's as much as I can tell you without giving the story away.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Disappointed... it used to be about cars with a story, now a dumb unrealistic flick with overblown rides.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

It was meh. Kinda all over the place. Lacked the fun of the last one. The Tokyo surprise at the end was nice. The Colombian funny guys comic relief was desperately needed. They tried with Luda & Tyrese comic riffs but it was just turrible. Kind of annoying in that try hard to be funny way.

Slightly above average
    6.5/10

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I agree. I thought it was all over the place as well. It had some moments, but it had too much story and not enough cars/racing. I missed the first 10-15 minutes. Walked in on vin diesel and paul walker sitting outside having a convo. Can someone fill me in on what I missed like a big race, because it only had one race.

What really ruined it was tyrese. He tries to be funny and he's not. he might be better as a serious actor, but maybe he just cant act. He ruined the second one too. Luda didnt have enough screen time to ruin the second one or this one.

I give it a 5/10. Will probably see the next one since it will be the last one and i think it will be in tokyo. I expect more racing.

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tv6jg__S5IQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It had the cheesy one liners like the others.

han died in the third one, remember? That scene was a flashback that continued. We thought it was some random accident, but the statham cameo indicates otherwise. Fast 4, 5 and 6 are all prequels to the third one. I believe fast 7 will pick up around where vin diesel shows up at the end of fast 3. He told that country kid he knew han and he was into american cars when that kid told him the car he was driving was hans.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Btw what was up with that runway scene, talk about a long airport

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Not as bad as vin diesel action hero. He should be teaching physics at john hopkins. I didnt know i was watching die hard.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lmao and then they have a moment as they fall on the car. Man I miss the first one!

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think we've reached a point where the stunts are so ridiculously over the top and nobody ever gets as much as a bruise. One of the stunts with Dom and Lety was so freaking ridiculous. They need to start reigning this stuff in.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Oh I didn't know that. I only saw the 1st, 2nd (though I don't remember much or any), 5th, and this.

Damn does this mean I have to go watch the 2-4th? I thought watching Chronicles of Riddick and xXX was enough.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Hey that's not what I implied at all, I was insinuating that you might be an art snob.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The 10pm showing was the one with the line. I'll just catch a matinee sometime this week when everyone is at school.

16. New Jack

New Jack Member

It's funny, it really hasn't been until the last two movies where they have moved away from the racing that I started loving them. There's only so many times you can see two cars racing each other until it starts to get repetitive and boring.

They've cranked up the insanity and action so much that the movies have essentially become The Avengers with cars and I love it! Vin Diesel is Iron man, Paul Walker is Captain America, and The Rock is a mixture of The Hulk, (Samoan) Thor, and Nick Fury (the man in charge of assembling the team).

They have clearly embraced the fact that these movies are completely ridiculous and are meant merely to have a good time and I had a blast! There were at least 3-4 action sequences in the movie that had my theater cheering and clapping.

17. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Yeah, after that scene I was sitting there going..."Did this movie just jump the shark?" but then thought twice because we are talking about the fast and the furious where the whole point is to jump the shark.

I'm hoping for submarines, air craft carriers, and atomic explosions in the next installment.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I dont need two more racing. In fast five the car stunts they pulled were nice. The anchor scenes didnt really show anything like the bridge scene in fast 5.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=xw918tbFCO8

Oh sorry to spoil it.

I would say watch 3 if you like han's character. You have to deal with bow wow, but that's ok. Definitely skip 2. It was the worst one in the series. It just introduced tyrese and it didnt have dom in it. They were just milking the franchise without putting out any content.

So watch 3 and if you feel like it then 4. They had some backstory in them, but to be honest, i think you can enjoy the 7th one without watching them so long as it's good.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

No you don't. I didn't watch fast five, and I still greatly enjoyed this movie.

I'll give it a 7.5/10. Action packed, one liners - but I laughed (unlike the ones in Gangster Squad). typical fast and furious for me.

Damn, I knew Han's girl was going to die. I was kinda hoping Tokyo Drift would be the last and final installment, and that the 7th movie would still be a prelude to Tokyo Drift. :eek::(

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Loved the movie for sure.