1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

one question about big YAO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by orien, Mar 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

dam. you guys are short. all of my friends are around 6ft.

2. munco

munco Member

Alex McLeod, huh? She's quite pretty...go Yao!

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

anyone have a pic of her?? I cant find it on yahoo

4. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I don't know where you guys live, but I definitely don't think the average asian is 6 ft in Houston!!

Probably around 5'6 - 5'8.

Anyone can say yeah, I know a few that are like 6'6, but we're talking averages.

And every guy can tell if another guy is good looking or not. And if you're scared to, then you might have gay issues yourself!

I think Verse is right with the Angles thing though. But I think Steve Nash is goofy looking and that guy got Liz Hurley and that hot Spice Girl Geri!

5. RocketfanfromLA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you are, girl:D :D

6. RocketfanfromLA

:D :D :mad: Are these for men???

7. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

8. RocketfanfromLA

[​IMG]

9. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Is this u want?

10. RocketfanfromLA

11. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Thanks. I am ignorant when it comes to pasting. Anyway, GO YAO! She's far from ugly.

12. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

Like I said the chinese and vietnamese here in my area where they dominate the population are around 5-6 to 5-8, and with shoes we're around 5-7 to 5-9 but that's the avg and what I mean is about 7 or 8 out of 10 guys are this height or shorter, and this is from my observations. I don't know about the avg. of other asians because in LA all the asians are separated and don't really get along too well. Don't mean to set trip but I don't go west to Thai-town or K-town or J-town or south to little Saigon or P-town, I'm just saying that the asians in my area of Chinatown are not the avg height of 6ft. But I also know that there are also many more flips and other pacific islanders that are 6ft tall in LA.

I'm not saying their aren't any 6ft+ asian guys in my town, it just not as many as the 5-8 asians. Maybe in your city only 2 guys out of 10 asians are 5-8 and the rest are 6ft+ but to my original post I was just complementing the guy for being tall. To me anyone that's 6-3 is tall regardless of their ethnicity. I was just saying that us shorter guys do get girls too and stating that height does not automatically make you hot. Gees I am I really wrong to think that the guy is tall and that guys my size also get girls and that my peps are shorter than 6ft?

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

My white friend (she's 18) thinks Yao is the "hottest guy since VC came into the league."

As far as height, my 3 or 4 Asian friends are all over 6-foot. Just because I want to say it, I'm 6-2, but not Chinese. :)

14. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

My sister (21yo) and her friend (black) think Yao's a total hunk. They have not missed a Rocket game ever since I told them about Yao last December. Yao Ming probably the only rookie to attract the most females to watch basketball.
    :D

15. jeffbaf

jeffbaf Member

Here is a link to Alex McLeod:
    http://www.trading-spaces.net/alex.html

I can't believe that so many responded to this thread, and I can' t believe that I jumped in too.

I think that Yao is more appealing to the Westerners than to most Chineses just by his appearance, as we are often aware of the taste difference between two ethenic groups in that regard. One of the often quoted example is about Hollywood Asian movie star Lucy Liu. Having said that, Yao is truly very special, even mysterious. As described in an early article in USA Today, there is something inexplainable about Yao being very LIKABLE. When you see him, you just want him to succeed, to do well. I have exactly the same feeling. Yao is simply irresistable. While people ofen talk about next Yao Ming, I simply think that they don't know Yao Ming well enough. If they do, they will know that there will be NO "Next Yao Ming".

BTW, I think that Rockets uniform does not help too much. Here are two pics of Yao in a better suit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. orien

orien Member

:D :D :D

he needs sleep.

17. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Handsome or not, he is sure rich!

Think about it, yougth and wealth usually don't come hand in hand. When you are young, handsome or beautiful and full of energy, chances are you find yourselve looking for money. By the time you made it financially you also got gray hair. Athletes are one of the rarest breeds who are wealthy and young. Of course, you have to be an exceptionally good athlete, otherwise you'd suffer even more than the rest of us :)

Just an observation. Now why are we cheering for a bunch of millionares playing ball? :)

18. uac

uac Contributing Member

I like orien, She designs good stuff...

Here is my home phone:

19. coolpet

coolpet Member

arghhh, hook me up :D I am more handsome than Yao :)
    anyway, I think the avg height of Asian are shorter than american, I go back to China once per yr, and from what I see, there isn't much chinese taller than me there but there are plenty tall dudes here in US. although, there have been more and more tall people in this generation in China. but overall, I say American are taller than chinese.

20. coolpet

coolpet Member

by the way, anybody think Shawn Bradley is Hot? :D I remember last time the dallas play the clippers, they interviewed an actress, forget who, and the host asked her who does she think is the most attrative player in the game, and she said Shawn Bradely, because he is tall...arghhhhh....then the host asked what about the clippers player, she say Eric Patrieski... :confused: