1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo in Phoenix working out with Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stilldream'n34, May 21, 2013.

1. Stilldream'n34

According to his twitter account. Sorry for not having a link or confirmation.
    Pretty cool considering D-Mo has mentioned to be a big fan of Scola.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

hopefully scola teaches him that automatic mid range jumper. i miss scola's jump shot :(

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yep. Scola really could have been a great "stretch four" on this roster. Nailed those midrange shots, and was also a great post player with superb touch. Glad he'll be coaching up D-Mo.

In hindsight, was amnestying Scola a bad move? I don't think it would have kept us from getting Harden, because I think we still would have had plenty of cap for this season, and he could be gone next season if need be, but I guess Morey was just trying to keep his options open in case an opportunity came where we could land 2 stars.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

He did say Luis was his favorite player even before he was drafted by the Rox.

DMo serious about improving, which is good.

I like the work ethic.

I hope we keep him....

Still torn tween Jones or TRob....

I know one will more likely go in a deal...just not sure which I'd prefer it to be.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why is he working out with Scola? Kevin McHale has much better post moves.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Far ****in' out! Great news! Donuts working out with the man he's been an admirer of for many years, and who's a dancer around the post, with a killer midrange jumper. Did I say I liked this news? Yeah, I'm excited to hear that. There's a hell of a lot Luis can teach Motiejunas.

Viva Scola!!

Dancing Donuts!

:-D-

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Props to Scola. For a veteran like him to be working out already, while playing for the Suns, at his age, is commendable.

8. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

well, if we didnt amnesty scola, he would have started over ppat who may not have been able to showcase his talent, sacramento may not have traded with us to get t-rob and mainly garcia. i dont think anyone would have stepped up as much as garcia did in the playoffs.

I'd say it was a good move even though i love scola. he was getting old and with the roster we have, i'd like to see a youngin develop more. hopefully one of the pf's we have pan out.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Way to go D-Mo. Getting his hustle on. Now i am waiting to hear news about T. Jones, T Rob, Beverley and even Royce.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

DMO developing a good mid-range/high post game would be a great addition off the bench assuming Rox stick with the three rooks at PF.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He has been working with Mchale here in Houston and will work out with him again. He just now wants to work with Scola. And Scola was known the best player in the NBA "in inside game". I heard that on a Rockets game a few years ago when he was still playing here. It was the Pistons announcers who were talking about him. They were saying he has the best post moves in the NBA and how good he is. Elton Brand also said Scola was the best player in the NBA in post moves, best inside game. So Motiejunas working with Scola is great news.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Royce reported to be working out with Mel Gibson and Lindsey Lohan.

1 person likes this.
  14. rock34

rock34 Member

the problem is he can't teach him what he really needs to learn. DEFENSE!

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Luis understands the concept of defense. His problem has always been one of execution. ;-)-

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Luis Scola got the most out of his physical abilities, and did his best every single night ... will always be a special part of my Rockets memory.

1 person likes this.
  17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Kill yourself.

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I just hope Dmo is eating. A lot.

1 person likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha. I have to spread some rep around..

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I miss Scola and his dance moves :(