1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Available Wing Players: Shooters & Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, May 17, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yea, but I don't think Allen will be in a rush to come to Houston and Memphis might pay him to stay...

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah Allen most likely will get paid but there are ppl on here that said they don't want him because he can't shoot o_O. It's like what?!??! He's like the best player on the list! Even Kenny Smith was like "I would love to play with a guy like Toney Allen" on TNT OT.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Wait a minute. Dude only shot 44.5% last year. Has always shot probably the fewest number of three pointers of any guard getting significant minutes. Come on, you know he can't shoot.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I bet you do great with stocks. Couldn't overpay a player more than sign Tony Allen this summer.

5. yobod

yobod Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWdSB87SVSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jarrett Jack please.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Dorell wright will be the best choice

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Like Dwight Howard, you don't want him shooting further than 3 feet from the rim.

9. allaroundplayer

As far as free agents, my hope is Ginobili will be signed by the Rockets.

I don't care if he is going to turn 36 next month. He will be the best addition to the current team. Delfino can also recruit him. He took a lower salary in his last contract so he might not want to do that again & the Spurs have Leonard and Green. Sure, he has injury problems but at least you know that he will be a professional and take care of his body. Ginobili will make Lin & Harden better and also give the Rockets versatility on the court as well as future trade options. Pretty much the whole league would be interested in trading for Ginobili due to intangibles even with a large contract whereas some other free agents teams will like to stay away from, so it isn't as risky as far as that aspect. It is unconventional paying Harden a max contract and also to give another "2 guard" a big contract who will be 36, but Ginobili is basically a point guard that can play without the ball and is good defensively. The Rockets have enough young players, so I think the Rockets need to think outside the box in this case, which Morey has shown that he does before, because Ginobili is an all-time great legendary type player, if we are honest, that should be able to play 3 more seasons close to the same level which he plays now.

10. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Daniel Gibson?

11. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

tony allen and beverly could be a good defensive duo and intensifiy the game with aşık when our offense slips.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Fransico really proved himself this year in this little short time. I'd like to have him back. He was a warrior in the playoffs with us.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not at all a 3pt shooter, but his defense is incredible. Landed him a spot over OJ Mayo, a great shooter. He is a lockdown defender who can gaurd any 2 or 3, and would help down the stretch when we go small ball down the stretch. Lin + Harden + Allen + Parsons + Asik is significantly better than Lin + Harden + Parsons + Delfino + Asik

14. santamaria14

santamaria14 Member

Corey Brewer is grossly underrrated. He was supposed to be Florida's best pro player from the team that produced Joakim Noah and Al Horford as well, and he hasn't been so far, but he is finally growing into his potential. He's a tough defender, and he learned a lot from Andre Iguodala last year in Denver. Watching a few Nuggets games at the end of the season, Brewer showed signs of extreme offensive confidence, taking and making contested 3's. My guess is he'd ask for around $5 million per year, and if we get rid of Delfino to make another signing *cough Dwight cough* possible, I'd love to have Brewer as a backup swingman!

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Mike Dunleavy can play sf/sg/pf for us
    Dorell wright also

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I don't think Reddick is happening.

17. larry cook

larry cook Member

Best choices but will cost too much granted we nail dwight and j.smith

Tony allen 6-8mil
    jarred bayless 5-6mil
    reddick 6-8ml
    oj mayo 10-12mil
    jarret jack 6-7mil

reasonable choices who would fit

Martell webstar (good shooter/defender/Underrated)cheap
    Dunleavy (good shooter/ok defender/Underated)cheap
    Earl Clark(good shooter/ok defender/Underrated)cheap
    Marco Benelinelli (good shooter/ok defender)cheap
    Corey brewer(good shooter/good defender)cheap
    keith bogans(good defender)cheap
    al farouq(good defender)cheap
    Marquis Daniels(good defender)cheap
    Dahntay Jones(good defender)cheap

Even better fits via Morey is willing to bargain t.rob

Wesley Johnson(great shooter/good defender/underrated)4mil
    Kirk hinrich(good shooter/defender)4 mil
    Ersan Ilyasova(good shooter/defender/underrated)7.5mil/ a bit too much probably should be in list one. great fit tho.
    Luc Richard Mbah a Moute(great defender/underrated)4mil
    Jared Dudley(great shooter/good defender/underrated)3.5mil
    Shannon brown(ok shooter/good defender/slasher)4mil

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Webster, Dunleavy or Brewer on the cheap would be first choice...
    Dealin minor asset(s) fir Hinrich would be my second option...
    Then Garcia and/or Delfino

... and use whatever space is left for a POWER forward!

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

Tony Allen is the only one who we may be interested in.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Tony Allen, left and right, top and bottom. There is a reason why Celtics aren't that good and there is a reason why the Grizzlies are that good. Not only a great defender, but he seems more of a team guy. Everywhere he goes, he has a nickname.