1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Under what circumstances would you be willing to trade Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 14, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If Parsons plays his way into being a top 10 small forward, which I think is possible playing with Harden he will and should expect to be compensated as such and teams out there will be throwing big money at him...

But I think he may be traded before then...

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

He would be crazy not to...

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I mostly agree with this. I'm not sure who I think is better between Parsons and Batum but I think they are both very similar and ver good. Chandler has a very good chance to get 10 million a year.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO Batum is > than Parsons. Not contract v contract but player v player.
    I'm quite happy retaining CP25. Trade him? Yeah, for a superstar return.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Morey already mentioned that Parsons said he would re-sign if we could get him more money earlier, for Morey to agree to waive his 4th year to do that, he would have to be 100% certain he's not going to Boozer us.

Does Parsons really strike people as that sort of person?

6. Swishh

Swishh Member

This is very true, and I don't blame him. I doubt Parsons would take less money to stay with Houston, even if we were championship contenders. Those who take less money to go to a contender are usually those who have already made good money throughout their career.

He'll probably get a 9-11 million per year deal at 4 years. Morey will probably offer him 6-7 million per year.

7. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Add Paul George on that list.

9. SK34

SK34 Member

can we just trade lin? I dont want parsons to go...

10. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Morey would have to pair him with Asik to get opposing gm's to just stay on the phone for all the players mentioned in this thread.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Trade Parsons while his value is high but don't do it until his last contract year. Or else we will lose him easily in free agency.

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

Chandler Parsons is basically a mix of MJ, Dr. J, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. We should trade everyone and build around him since he's a franchise player/superstar. He makes LeBron and KD look like scrubs.

People need to get real about his talent. He's a great role player playing on a phenomenal contract- he is not untouchable, and I'd trade him sooner rather than later. He will get paid big $ after his contract expires, so you might as well throw him in to a trade for a star player instead of letting him walk when you can't afford him. The exception to this is if we sign a superstar free agent this season- in that case, roll with him until his contract expires and go into win-now mode for the next few seasons.

The Rockets draft well, and I believe that they can find another gem in the second round. Will it be this summer? Probably not, but regardless, there have been bigger stars found in the second round than chandler (e.g. ginobili, redd, rashard) so they can do better.

13. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Thou I know we can get better at SF.. you just don't keep trading around players before they get paid. There has to be a moment when Morey realizes you keep a team together that is having good chemistry on and off the court.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

I imagine he will get something like a 4 year $30 million contract. That seems reasonable for all parties involved. When he gets the contract depends on when we get our 2nd star.

15. youngduck

youngduck Member

u dont trade parsons. id say hes a top 10 sf in the nba rite now.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

You guys are high on the value vs getting talent. Top 10 sf? As I remember SF talent drops off big time after top 3 or 4.

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Trade him for what though? As I said before, there are plenty of people I'd trade Parsons for, but they are the kinds of players the other team is not going to give up. If you trade him you have to make the team better -- I have not heard a realistic proposal yet in which trading Parsons would make sense. He should not be off the table, but a lot of you on here seem to be wanting to trade him just to trade him.

You give me an example of a trade you would make for Parsons.

I'll give you one I would and one I wouldn't as well:

I would trade him and Asik for Gasol -- but I don't think Memphis would do that.
    I would not include him in a deal for Love -- 1) because of Love's injury issues and 2) because having a gaping hole at the 4 and max cap space is better than having a gaping hole at the 3 and not max cap space.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Only would trade Parsons if you are getting a top 10 first round pick, the team is not within the same division as the Rockets and we have a vet already on the team to take up the SF spot.

19. santamaria14

santamaria14 Member

People seriously have the ideas in their heads that the Heat or Thunder would trade James or Durant for Parsons..? Chandler's good, but he probably matches the value of Al Horford or LaMarcus Aldridge. Would I trade him for them? Maybe, but not until we see how good he improves this offseason. Remember, Parsons went from being an average role player to a deadly 3-point shooter, great defender, and above-average ball handler. I'm excited to see what he does next season. I'd only trade him at next year's deadline if he underperforms.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Most of this thread is people who think Parsons has the value of Aldridge vs. people who think Parsons has the value of LeBron..