1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Just quit my job

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckkky, May 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin:

2. ILoveTheRockets

With how bad the economy is. I don't see how people can just up and quit their jobs.

I guess some people think of work as war, and just roll up as soon as they see things aren't going their way.

Good luck in your future job hunting, you will for sure need it.

3. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Good luck OP.

Enjoy the time off...

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

don't you have a car you're struggling to payoff?

5. joepu

joepu Member

Stay strong buddy. I haven't been able to work up the courage to do the same thing myself.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Sometimes jobs take more of mental and health toll than they are worth. At that point you just have to say...WTF. It might not always be the most fiscally sound thing to do, but it can be quite liberating. When you work a job like that, life tends to be reduced down to a micro level. So when you finally break free of it, life can once again be seen on a macro level and a person is able to see what's really important in life.

Good luck, OP. Follow your dreams and don't let the man keep you down.

7. liljojo

liljojo Member

What man? Which man? Whose the man?
    When's a man a man? What makes a man a man? Am I a man? Yes, technically I am

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Maybe I've just been lucky but I have a position that my peers seem extremely stressed by at times but for me it has always been fun and I never let what others perceive as stress go home with me. Never understood how people let what others say/do/don't do, effect them on such a personal level.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know the what you mean, I've been there......:eek:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzGoDtmTllg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You got tired of making "gay" videos at work?

1 person likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't worry, everyone has a kidney they can sell as insurance.

Also don't sperm banks pay you like $50?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's for the pimp to settle.

1 person likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I guess so. But not making money, and struggling to make ends meet (not sure if this is the OPs case) can also take a toll on your body.

Not saying money is everything, but money + bad situation > no money + rut.

16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're probably the guy stressing out everyone else because you don't care about your work while they do. Wouldn't surprise me if they're covering for you in a number of ways.

To the OP - There is nothing more stressful than to have an insane workload paired with a boss who incessantly criticizes the quality, quantity and even the methodology of your work (even when others communicate that you're doing a good job). At some point, the toll it takes isn't something you can ignore because it's right in your face for the bulk of your waking life.

I was in a situation like this, and it took a major toll on my health. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't exercising, I wasn't able to keep my dog with me, and every day was just trying to keep my head above water at work. I tried to stick it out but when my boss started playing games with me (i.e. I had to guess what I had done wrong - no matter how insignificant - rather than being told), I knew I had to leave even though I didn't have another job lined up.

So that's what I did and it was the best thing I could have done. I had wisely saved enough money to survive for a year without work, which gave me plenty of time to recharge and re-evaluate what I wanted to do.

Fast forward 2 years and I am working in a job that I really like with a boss that actually praises me for some the same reasons that the last boss would criticize me. I don't know if I could have succeeded in this job if I had started it in the state of mind I was in when I left the last job.

So kudos for having the intelligence to leave a bad situation. The job market in Houston is very strong, so while the economy is not where we'd all like it, it's certainly not so bad that finding work will be impossible. Reach out to whatever contacts you made while at your last job and let them know you're looking. Work on your resume and line up your references, and do what you can to keep your work skills sharp during the transition.

1 person likes this.
  17. hoannggg

hoannggg Member

Thank you! Well said :p

18. thisiscaketown

Only if you're a tall, white, and handsome.

19. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

i guess you arent so lucky

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

most of this thread is way over my head...not understanding the references

I need to read the Hangout more like I used to in my prime....or maybe not.