1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

2. megastahr

I know for a fact he is...from radio interviews.

He straight up told him he reads it...and he actually referenced a thread topic and comment from clutchfans before.

I have been trying to figure out who he was since ha. But I assume he probably isnt posting.

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty obvious DWH's first choice will be us.

Contract money matters, but not so much for a player his caliber. Josh Smith will probably choose whoever offers the most money, because his ability is around that level. If Lebron worth 50mil-75mil a year according to Morey/Simons, then DWH would worth much more than over 30 mil a year if healthy. What I mean is he'll get max money whereever he goes, and it's a matter of contending immediately at his age.

Before this season he's considered top3 player by a lot of advanced stats. For his ability, asking if he cares about one extra year is like asking a millionaire if he would marry a 1.2 million woman for her money instead of his true love who has 0.9 million but is more beautiful and younger.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

My sister works for a luxury high rise and just leased a penthouse apartment to Morey. It is in Houston.

She said she has only met him one time to show the apartment but she mainly dealt with his wife. I was begging her to ask for tickets or something!

1 person likes this.
  5. megastahr

HA! oh ok...darnet there goes that idea haha. Hes not cyberx then.

Not that it was likely anyway.

Shoot id have been asking for a job not tickets :cool:

6. hali

hali Member

Half Owner. The one that operates the bball is the son. He prob don't want to yield full control to Phil.

7. megastahr

I think so too!

I wish someone here would start a topic about the real salary difference between La and Here for both cp3 and Dh12.

People keep throwing out 30 mil ...its not true and its not even close

This we know.

La has state income tax on salary and endorsements
    La has a millionaire tax (not sure the details of this)
    MUCH higher cost of living
    On 5th year ...he is only losing money long term if this is his last contract

Questions to be answered
    What are the details of the millionaire tax
    What is the difference in salary minus taxes in La over a 4 year term vs salary in Houston for 4 years.
    How much in endorsements does Dwight make and how much taxes come out of that.

When we answer all that we will have a better idea of how much he is giving up.

As cyberx said....and I have been saying...5th year isnt a big deal, because like most players do you opt out that year and sign a long term extension.

Thanks to anyone that's smarter then me and wants to take up the task!!! haha

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nicely put. I'm with you. If Dwight wants a ring and happiness then all roads lead to Houston. Lakers are a complete mess. The new CBA rules are going to make it hard for them to rebuild despite their storied name. They bet the house on winning this year and it backfired, compounded by Kobe's injury. Dwight should be able to see that, and he doesn't what to waste his prime years there. Rockets are young and he could help them (with another piece) contend for years to come IN HIS PRIME. Dwight is not a no.1 scoring option, he's more comfortable in Houston with Harden. WHo knows what Kobe is gonna be like when he comes back and how much longer he's gonna play. Dwight will be happier here contending for a title.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He also "just got off the phone with Hennigan" at one point.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you know all this info how lol

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This thread is wonderful. My ignore list just grew by about 80%. If you see my name on your "page visit" profile, you're on ignore. Love it.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He doesn't. He's the new Charles Barkley. Has a vendetta against the Rockets because they took away his binky.

[​IMG]

13. megastahr

thats it guys!!!!

It all makes sense now... CH is 2pat...

[​IMG]

14. megastahr

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would say 5%....

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If he does post here, it is probably for sport to spread misinformation. ;)

17. megastahr

haha...ok maybe I should change my sig then... :(

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

5% is a large percentage when you're talking about going from none of those guys to both of those guys. Plus, netting CP3 or Howard increases the chances of a third semi star.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Can we give #12 to Howard even though Bev has it? I remember T-Mac and LeBron had to submit a jersey # change request the season before they changed their numbers. That might just be because their jerseys actually sell in stores though...