1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2010.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess we'll find out in the other movies of the Avengers members that they were too busy fighting their own villain. Besides, Iron Man and War Machine got dis.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's just how it is. In the comics, plenty of characters get their own series and fight there own battles. It is what is. You don't read an issue of Wolverine and think, gee, why doesn't he just help from the X-Men? It is what it is.

It's been a few days since I saw it. Still not sure if I liked or disliked it. It's the cheesiest iteration of IM yet but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. The major deviation from the comic - I'm fine with it. And screw Pearce's performance, it seemed "meh" to me, Cheadle and especially Kingsley were great.

I think it started off great, kind of slid downhill after Stark's first face-to-face encounter with the Mandarin.

3. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

I believe there as a quick line in the movie addressing how the US could handle terrorists and didn't need super heroes to deal with them. And I'm guessing the thinking behind Iron Man being a superhero that was pulled in was because his friend/bodyguard was hurt.

Cheesy excuse, but that's how I understood it.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Did anybody think it was really similar to "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" but a superhero version? Same director with RDJ narrating. Almost a noir film.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I thought it was a decent movie.

For those of you complaining about "not enough suit, too much RDJ," why?

What else do you want the suit to do? It's not like it was same old, same old this time around.

Intro of suit in 1, suitcase suit in 2, and telekinetic signature (?) in 3 is awesome enough. The fact that he can just think / yell "I needz me a suit!" is pretty freakin' ridiculously awesome.

Not to mention there was a cool twist with the suit when he saved all those people in the plane scene, and then proceeded to get roadkilled.

Plus, RDJ is the perfect Tony Stark; it's not like the actor playing Iron Man is an emotionless robot, and everyone would rather see the suit.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it but didn't love it. It was needlessly overlong and the villian's and plan were kind of silly even though I did like Kingsley and Pierce. Wish Cheadle had gotten a slightly beefier part.

A solid B from me.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Already rumors about Black/Downey returning for 2 more ($). Anyways, why would anybody be thankful that a series is ending? Never understood that thought process. The best case scenario - a good movie comes out. The worst case scenario - it's bad, and you have the option to simply not watch it. In other words, there is no feasible way Iron Man 4 could hurt you in any form. No risk, all reward. Man-up, brah.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Let's hope the dude who wrote the screenplay for Iron Man 1 will be involved in the 4th.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They should just lock Whedon in a coffin and make him write everything.

10. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Captain America I felt would have been a good person for the job that iron patriot was doing but I guess it's possible he was dealing with hydra or the winter soldier.

I was surprised they named him iron patriot because Sony had the rights to his character as being related to Osborne. I just wish marvel was one giant universe rather than Sony having Spider-Man, fox having xmen and so forth

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Shane Black did a fantastic job. I mean he wrote Lethal Weapon! Last Boy Scout! And he was first to die in Predator.

[​IMG]

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I saw it. Didn't know it was in 3-D. I give it a 5/10. I wouldn't catch it in theatres or wait for the DVD. It would probably look better in 2-D (it was dim), but I bumped up the score a bit because I thought it had one good 3-D scene during the first 30 minutes and that's it.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

B minus from me. A lot of the negs were repeated on here, but it was fine.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I liked it
    4/5 Stars

Not the perfect movie but pretty darn good

Rocket River
    I WAS ENTERTAINED!!!

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

C-
    I found myself wishing I could take a nap and come back and watch the end later. Movies at home have spoiled me.

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Iron Man 1: 4/5
    Iron Man 2: 2/5
    Iron Man 3: 3/5

17. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Entirely agree with this.

The gag a minute was fine to begin with but started to grate a little towards the end. Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I found the action sequences, especially the big set piece at the end to be a bit underwhelming. The entering outing felt a tad forced and formulaic. Here's hoping Star Trek is better, but I'm not very optimistic.

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think I can agree to that to that too. It was marginally better with more unique action. But ultimately it was again dissapointing and failed yet again to capture the magic of the first. I didn't care too much for Stark's narration and the beginning in general. Seemed like there was too much story and character development and not enough action. Certainly there's only so much you can do in the suit, but still he wasn't in it nearly enough. We never did get a fully functioning suit in an action scene and not one action scene with Iron Man and War Machine ...err Iron Patriot...together aside from their regular human selves. The villain was again weak and with no real payoff. Ben Kingsley, I kind of liked what they did there, but at the same time it brought the film to a screeching halt and felt weird. There just wasn't a good balance of action, drama and humor and I would have liked to see Stark a bit more humbled by his circumstances. Yeah I know that's not really his personality, but still. I felt more emotion by the few sequences of him and Pepper in those last few scenes of Avengers than most everything here.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Just saw it last night, and I thought it was excellent. It was much better than the 2nd one. I thought it was a great balance, personally.

I do agree on your point about the suits, though.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

iron man sans AC/DC just isn't the same