1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin on David Letterman (Mar. 19, Wed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amare, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They just want the inside scoop on Yao. And Yao probably doesn't know English enough to go on the show. It'll probably be a short interview, he's on after Barbara Walters.

And Bonnie Hunt is the guest host. Who is that?

2. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I think Cat needs to hire Eddie's publicist, how he's on the late night show with david letterman is wierd but cool :) it's just out of the blue.

3. carayip

carayip Member

According to a past article on Chron, they've invited Yao but Yao declined because of fatigue.

Maybe if Mobley's willing to say nice things about Yao, he would be invited. ;)

Anyway here's hoping EG has a good show. Smile please! :D

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Say nice things or kiss Yao's ass? He's still a rook, Mobley doesn't need to treat him like he's Hakeem just yet.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This is going to be embarrassing. what in the hell is Eddie thinking

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Why not Eddie? :confused:

7. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

my god, that would be boring as heck! i can imagine letterman just sitting behind his desk twiddling his thumbs and griffin sitting in the chair alongside him chewing bubble gum. the only sounds that you would hear would be the air conditioner running and the crickets in the background. letterman would be better off interviewing silent bob.

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I take it you have not seen any of Eddies post game interviews?

a shy or sullen personality doesnt equate to a stinky character or a bad heart, so in no way am I attempting do judge the heart and character of another man(which would be hypocritical, stupid, and all that) .... but we're talking about an entertainment talk show here! To go on a big time stage at the young age of 20 is one thing, but to be an unknown basketball player, to have no charisma whatsoever, and to have no wish to open up to the interviewer...that, to me, is setting oneself up in a very awkward position.

9. Roc Paint

What about Bob? :p

10. Roc Paint

Texas you screwed me all up now.

11. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

fellas....have some common sense. anybody ever think that possibly the late show website made a mistake, and it's really the comedian???

they film the show the same day at 5:30, and the rockets will be on the other side of the country. wake up people.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regardless of what the Late Show with David Letterman Website says, it will NOT be our Eddie Griffin. It will be the comedian guy.

The reason that website probably says that is some intern that probably updates that side saw that "Eddie Griffin" would be on and then just assumed it would be the Rockets Griffin so he wrote "Houston Rockets Eddie Griffin".

But I have a HARD time believing that OUR Eddie will be on the show. Makes completely no sense, it isnt a compelling guest.

And has been mentioned earlier, we are on a road trip. It is not like the team is in New York on that date.

It is NOT our Eddie Griffin.

Chris

13. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Rockets will play Portland on Mar. 19, so how can EG be on Letterman?

14. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

He could easily be on the show.

First of all, it's taped at 5:30 eastern time from what I remember. Wouldn't that make it 2:30 west coast? It's probably just some sort of satellite hookup.

And, according to the site, Letterman won't be hosting. Bonnie Hunt is filling in for Dave who has the shingles.

15. supermagichero

Griffin should concentrate on his games more than show. If he can't improve, he will get traded. Fans are getting more and more disappointed on him. Comparing to Curry and Tyson Chandler, Griffin didn't show much improvement over last year.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is the most confusing thread ever. We should continue to treat it like the game day thread; analyze and predict.

Eddie Griffin does not smile so he can't be on the talk show. He isn't having a very good year. Typically when an athlete gets invited to do a show, they are doing something special.

I predict no Houston Rocket on March 19th.

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

EG and Tito are going on the IR.

Boki is coming into the lineup. ;), Collier too.

Taylor gets the start...and Yao/Cato share floor time with Taylor/Collier.

Of course, not gonna happen....or will it.

18. ewfd

ewfd Member

After hearing both sides arguements, I'm going to have to say no EG on Letterman Wednesday.

It makes absolutely no sense.. having a game the same day, plus there being an already well-known actor/comedian with the same name..

Unless Eddie is somehow REALLY popular and we're all blind to it :cool:

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He is pretty popular. I used to be in sim leagues on the 'net, and a bunch people I talked to have him as one of their favorite players.

20. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Eggie is God.

Who wouldn't want God as a guest on their chat show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.