1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 3, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Game 6.. Staring PG Patrick Beverley 8pts, 0 assists in 32 minutes. And you blame it on Lin. Come on guys. Stop this nonsense. This is a team sport.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lmao pimp this entire thread is funny as hell. Very entertaining.

3. zdrav

zdrav Member

Some of you are absolutely ridiculous and greedy. Lin just started 82 games for an overachieving Rockets team that most experts predicted to be a lottery team even with the then-unproven Harden, and you're all crying because the Rockets couldn't beat the 2nd best team in the entire league?

Yes, I'm sure with TD/Machado/Beverley/Brooks, the Rockets would've won 50 games and gone to the conference finals.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Exactly. Before the start of the season, the knock against Lin was "sample size". Now that it's pretty obvious that he's at least an average NBA player (making an average NBA salary), the haters need a new reason. What's funny is that these haters meekly slinked away in the 2nd half of the regular season when Lin was playing pretty good basketball, but they finally found a reason to celebrate when the Rockets badly lost Game 1.

Now, the new argument is probably going to be that while Lin may be a decent regular season player, he is not a playoff performer and never will be because Lin.

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin's game has never been seriously criticized as being awkward. During Linsanity, he was praised for being a natural PG in the style of Stockton and Nash.

Anybody who says that Lin doesn't "look right" playing his pretty orthodox PG role is walking on very thin ice because there's most likely some subconscious element that's still not used to seeing an Asian PG.

6. RRockets

RRockets Member

This thread should be locked up. Serving no purpose at all.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Some of the posters here are the most ****ing annoying people I have ever seen. They discredit what other people do for longer and hail LINSANITY as the gospel saying that because he did something for 9 games the rockets should never doubt him.

Well here is a word of advice for you, your messiah is a SCRUB and will be out of this league, amnestied, waived or w.e in 2 yrs max unless he picks it up. Acting like he wasn't complete deadweight only makes you look worse. The best case scenario for you nut huggers would be to acknowledge he sucked and hope he improves.

I still remember Clutch for being flamed like hell in his own forum for saying the rockets could do just as well if not better with beverly...and you know what? In the playoffs where >>>>>>than the regular season he was right.

8. BBAL

BBAL Member

Dude you are just as bad as some of the LOF you claim to hate. Some of us watched Lin for a lot more than 9 games during the Linsanity stretch. His biggest improvement and signs of promise was way past Linsanity.

Him going through the struggles of re-adjusting under Mike Woodson's offense, after D'Anotni resigned, and coming back strong to finish the year, showed just as much as Linsanity did.

The fact is he's had a very solid 82 games, and when he was allowed to be the focal point of the offense he's shown he can be just as explosive as he was in NY.

The issue is finding better balance between him and Harden. Lin's strong point isn't camping out on the 3 point line.

Playing off the ball was a skill he needed to develop to add to his repertoire, but to permanently play him in that role is just a waste. Your wishes of him being out of the league, are just that, wishes.

Saying he's a scrub is just plain delusional and makes your agenda pretty clear.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

But thats just it, dude didnt have a solid 82 games. He was easily the most inconsistant starter on our team this year. If you look back through all the game threads, we never knew which Lin we were going to get, some of the time we got a Lin who put up decent numbers, sometimes he did terrible. As far as this whole Linsanity thing goes, Lin had maybe 4-5 games that anyone would consider "Linsanity" 4-5 out of 82 games of play. And you guys want to complain to why Coach sits him quick compared to Harden?

As said in your second sentence, Lin isn't going to be the focal part of this offense, he never will as long as Harden is here. Thats why i believe its in EVERYONES best interest, us rockets fans, and you out there who are Lin only fans, that we trade him. We would be better off, we'd clear some space for a PG that will fit well with our offense. and Lin could go to a team to where he would be the primary ball handler, get to do whatever he wants, and showcase his full potential

Its a Win Win for everyone.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would blame our lack of talent. We could use an upgrade at 4 of our starting 5 positions, and the entire bench needs to be better.

It's not fair to blame Lin because, well, he's just an average PG. To expect him to play a big role in us winning in the playoffs is to overrate him.

Game 1 he was ****, but that's ok - many struggled in that game. But he was performing well enough in the first half of game 2.

Lin fans and Lin haters both need to realize he's just not that good... yet. So when you think he underperforms, before you blame McHale or say Lin is a scrub, maybe you should just take a step back and realize this is just the player he is. We'll just have to live with it until we don't.

11. BBAL

BBAL Member

The fact he was inconsistent doesn't mean he wasn't solid overall.

And if McHale continues to camp him on the 3pt line, I would agree, but no one knows how the offense will change going forward.

He doesn't have to be the focal point of the offense though for him to run the offense. He eventually figured out and played well under Mike Woodson's offense with Carmelo as the focal point.

And in all honesty, Harden isn't good enough as a PG himself either, to continue running this offense the same way. Lin's a better facilitator and passer than Harden with much better court vision. In addition it was evident they actually needed someone like Lin was in NY, to take on more responsibility during times when Harden gets shut down or struggles late in the game.

Last night they needed another go-to-guy, and outside of Parsons early in the game, there wasn't one. Nobody else stepped up. We all just saw Harden kind of self implode in the 4th quarter.

Btw, I'm not a LOF. I love this entire team and feel they should remain in tact for the most part for one more season.

12. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

To be fair I think he said it himself and it is instilled by the coaches that the PG is there to create for others. The PG should be the last one scoring. There is also no denying he was showing vast improvement last month. I do believe the Lin and Harden backcourt can be dangerous. With a full offseason together and by working hard and improving their game they can become a dangerous duo.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol Chickenbrothers really? Scrub? Out of the league? Man, this is a new low for you. And thats saying something. I understand you're upset we lost. And I understand Lin was largely ineffective with his play through injury. I get all that, and I understand that you are mad at him. But please don't make ridiculous claims like that. I dont care who it is, there is no one who would seriously say that he is a scrub or will be out of the league when he just had a solid season and he's still only 24.

And what is all this about Beverley? Saying Lin should be benched or traded is one thing, but benched so that Bev can be the starter? He's done well but he only really had two good games this series. He scored 6 points in one game and 8 last night. Oh and he's never recorded more than a couple assists in any game, all the while letting Jackson basically tear it up relative to his standards.

I dont want to bring down Bev, because obviously he had a great series and was especially good in the games he did play well, but when you first say Lin is a scrub who will be out of the league then say Bev would be a better starter, I just have to call you out.

I'm not defending Lin either. He is still just an average to below average NBA starter who needs to really improve this offseason, which I think he will.

And really, amnesty? Who would waste their amnesty on a guy is putting up solid stats on a 3 year contract? This is why you get so many complaints

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Those claiming Lin has an average NBA salary are a joke. Lin has a hell of a salary for someone like himself. I cant wait for the next two years to be over.

15. davek

davek Member

Another word because Lin had a slow start from injury and to a new team...he is inconsistent? Wouldn't it be logical to look at his improvement from the begin to now? Seem to me you want to throw it all this away out of spite. If he started off good then bad I will be concerned. You're no Houston Fan at all yet you speak for them.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Calm down son.

Lin can't plug our defensive gaps in the paint, and it's not like double digit leads evaporate because of one player.

It's everyone's first year.

It's everyone's first year.

Chill out. Log off Clutchfans. And take a walk outside.

17. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

haha.. well it wont be 2 years don't worry.

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Saying an inconsistent player had a solid season is contradicting. An inconsistant player cant be solid. Asik had an overall Solid season, that would be a better example.

Coach isn't going to change the offense that much because of how well it worked this season. Its clear that we just need players in that offense who can step up and make shots when we need it.

You're right harden shouldn't run the point, but neither should (For this team at least) watching his style play is so prediicable and watching him at the toyota center last night was frustrating. Me along with many fans noticed him having an open lane, going past the defender and just stopping and pivoting around trying to find someone to pass it too. He's simply not aggressive enough, If Lin had the aggression and drive and attitude of Beverly, Maybe all of my words would be different right now. But hes too passive, and seems to "freak out" in a lot of situations on the court.

I don't think our GM wants to do another year of trial and error, that was this year, We dont want to stick with the same thing just to get to the first round and get eliminated, we're contenders now and up until and after the all star break Houston got in the NBA news about potentially bringing in another star, plus harden wants to recruit too. So its bound to happen, It's just who are we going to give up? I think Lin will be one of the first to go if his value isnt already shot from his piss poor playoff performance.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If im not a houston fan what am i?

20. RRockets

RRockets Member

I second that.

People say Oh we should have kept Kyle Lowry, we should have kept Goran Dragic, blah, blah, blah ......

So how Kyle Lowry has done for 2012-2013?

ppg : 11.6
    apg : 6.4
    spg : 1.4

Jeremy Lin

ppg : 13.4
    apg : 6.1
    spg : 1.6

Kyle Lowry started his NBA carrier in 2006, so this is his 8th season.

1 person likes this.