1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~~~~ROFL~~~~ (dang, they don't have a smiley for that here) ~lol~

OK, so you didn't do it on purpose. ~lol~

(and you can't edit your post right?) ~lol~

A little long but quite good. :cool:

2. yao_fan

yao_fan Member

Yes, very simple. If JLin can shoot the ball better than Bev, he should return. Otherwise what's the point?

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The situation is not that complex. Pat Bev is outperforming Lin and giving us a better chance to win. Francisco Garcia is giving us very unexpected contributions offensively and defensively. A healthy Brooks is more effective than 80% Lin. Even if Lin wanted to give it a go, I don't see why we should use him unless Harden or Brooks can't play their expected minutes.

Maybe Delfino's injury will give Lin some spot duty, but still I just don't see Lin playing any more than 10 minutes a game even if 80 percent healthy.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I was responding to both yours and DrPhil's, since he was asking for a term that describes, not necessarily the hate but maybe the intolerance, between subcultures.

Ethnocentrism includes many things including one's behavior and language, so if Dr.Phil gets labeled as "White-washed' just because he speaks proper English, that's an example of someone being ethnocentric when labeling him that way.

This is from Wikipedia but it's sourced. The one for Reverse Racism wasn't sourced and has been changed now! lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnocentrism

Some more videos that talk about these type of issues.

<iframe width="590" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pjDqiIBgEcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="590" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PjtVa1yvALI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You're not what? You're not being serious?

Sure, maybe that's the case in your area but America is a vast place.

Cool if you mean way in the future.

That is quite true, I mean unless you are only talking about food and commodity, culture is a finicky thing, it isn't so simple.

That's certainly a common belief, that's what people are taught, that works most of the times and that's where I used to stand too. However, reality isn't so simple, when something like the aforementioned situation appears, one thinks about what, why etc. and realize that things don't necessarily work the way it ideally should. But hey more power to you if all the culture you need is food. Be careful though, a minority with no culture besides food/commodity easily gets trampled on and might vanish.

So you're saying "yes culture" because you have pho. Now you're agreeing with "no culture" and saying that you are an absolutely individual? That sounds kinda contradicting?

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Lin shoots 37.5% from three post all-star, Beverley 38.8%, not that far.

7. jVgOwnsYou

But with Beverly his play is more steady and consistent, and that's precisely what we need going forward. That's what coaches want. They want to know what to expect from a player when they put him on the floor. With Jeremy, you just don't know what you're going to get right now, and that's why he probably won't see significant action even if we advance.

8. jason330i

jason330i Member

I think Bev is playing great. But keep in mind guys he and Brooks are playing against the backup guards of Okc.

Anyway if Lin can't shoot he shouldn't play.

1 person likes this.
  9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Go Lin looking forward to you coming back to smash the OKC

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

What the heck we are just fans. Support your players, mon. Support the Rockets

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Consistency is not 5 games of playing well. Consistency is playing well for an extended period of time. Please explain where in this you see steady and consistency?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beverpa01/gamelog/2013/

Yes he is getting more minutes at the moment, but that does not mean it will necessary continue.

12. jVgOwnsYou

I see consistency in the way he runs the team, with the energy he plays with on both ends, and with the decisions he makes. He also consistently keeps his turnovers low and does what he can to make sure the team at least gets a shot, and his offensive rebounds sometimes give us multiple shots.

I'm not guaranteeing that his play will continue to stay at this level, but for right now, you have to stick with what is working.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Bevs consistency is that you that he'll take care of the ball, doesn't force things, and plays hard nose aggressive defense. You sort of can expect these things from him while Lin is like night and day quarter by quarter often.

14. naesoon

naesoon Member

I understand why there are those who say that Beverly needs to stay in and be the starter over Lin. I mean when Harden sat out during those games due to injury, Lin and the team won those games (against Clippers and Magic). It was very easy for me to think, "see how much better the team played without Harden?" I guess the same thing is happening here with now Lin sitting out.

Harden also did not play very well in the first 4 play-off games, but he was given many chances to keep going and to keep shooting and he still played poorly. It was finally in game 5, he did very well. I mean of course, if you have a high usage rate, you will have higher points also.

Because I know Lin will get bashed if something goes wrong in the next game (if he plays), I'm hoping he just waits until the next series (if they make it). Anyway, Asik and Francisco were huge factors of why the team won in game 5.

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Guys you seen for yourselves , when Harden goes iso ball, even BEV can't do anything about it. This is what Lin had to content with for the whole season.

Big key to our wins now, is that Harden has matured and changed. Finally Harden has woken up and realized not to force it, and this allows BEV to control the ball alot more.

Wasn't there a game when Harden tried to go heroball on the 4th , BIG FAIL.
    BEV was left standing.

OK i am speculating now, but hear me out.
    From the interviews, we all now realized that it was not mchale promoting heroball and giving Harden the green light, but simply Harden had been doing this and ignoring Mchale's plan.

So I think that perhaps our improvement is due to

Harden toning down and choosing better options, which in turn allows BEV to control the ball more (but heck he has been ballin!)

Go BEV

But , give Lin the same matured J Harden plays, and I think we will see a improved Lin also.

16. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Nice, agreed, you should have posted this in the "OKC fans wanting to kill Beverley" thread. There is this Asian saying the N word and people saying Asians acting black are insecure, wannabes etc. Ain't easy. But hey, this is the real world. If everyone subscribes to that sure, of course everything cool, but that's not happening.

Nice, very thoughts provoking; solution is not easy to find but gotta try.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

im not a LOF at all but if lin is 100% healthy he would destroy Fisher and Jackson

18. Spyckie

Spyckie Member

Anyone else wonder how Bev and Brooks would do if they had to be guarded by Westbrook? I think any PG would do well against this weakened OKC team.

This is why I don't really trust these games as indicators of anything, even though they are playoff games.

19. ChippedToothLin

[​IMG]

20. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Lin come off from the bench and the team win, LOH will say Lin should not be a starter.

If the team lost, it's all Lin's fault.