1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The official "WTF is wrong with Harden" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He went to the line 15 times in game 3 and 20 times in game 2.

He didn't go as much last time because he didn't drive as much. You're confusing the effect with the cause.

2. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Harden is the best player on the team. No question. The problem is he is made to believe that he is the super star who can "take over" any game any time down the strench. This is just flat out wrong. Very few players in this league can just "take over" the game by playing 1 on 5. The Rockets has many players who can make plays when given the chances. They are a better team when everyone gets involved. If Harden could just play team ball and let the game come to him he will be a lot mroe productive.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I wonder what Phil would do with Harden or is the offense tailored for him to go one on one. If it is the latter, that's the worse ofesne that I'ver ever seen diagramed. Watch him dribble out the shot clock go to the bucket, miss, turnover, bad shot, charge, etc... maybe a foul, maybe a make.

The need Harden cutting and on the move, makes him tough to guard. Just like running Garcia and Delfino off picks along the baseline and wing.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What happened to the baseline back door play from Lin to Harden? It worked so beautifully at the beginning of the season.

Now Harden never goes baseline anymore. He just camp out at the top, receiving the ball and going one on one.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden hasn't gotten over his February ankle tweak. McHale noted the injury when resting him near the end of the season, said the team wanted to help Harden get as healthy as they can before playoff stars. He said they watched "before/after" game tapes with Harden and agreed that he just wasn't moving as fast since then. Chances are that the short rest couldn't have helped that much and he really needs a full season to get back to 100%.

Harden gets crap for "hero ball" and part of it is well-deserved (especially last night, it's not like the Rockets didn't find other ways to score all game without the Harden iso). But that hero ball was plenty effective when the hero was physically better.

6. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Harden's basketball IQ has been non existent the past bunch of games.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

We wouldnt even be in the playoffs for Harden though. Get some perspective

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin Martin has actually looked pretty good (and healthy) this year. Not the passer that Harden is but scored efficiently and frequently and his D couldn't have been worse than Harden's.

9. lowlife

lowlife Member

- He thinks he is Kevin Durant or Lebron James. He is not.
    - He is lazy, its easier to shoot pull up 3 yes, but making it is hard. He is also not a great shooter.
    - He is trying to draw a faul when he's driving not actually finishing.
    - He looks fat. Is he fat?

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's injured and he had a bad game as a result. Nothing to see here, move along.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Now were questioning if hes in shape? I don't think I'll ever remove my sig.

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

It was shocking how terrible he was last night...career high 10 turnovers, 1 rebound, 3 assists while scoring 15 points on 4-12 shooting...possibly the worst performance I've seen from him as a Rocket.

Usually Harden will shoot poorly but still get his 30 by getting to the line, and will contribute in assists/rebounds, last night he did nothing well.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Glorified Tyreke Evans. His passing/court vision is overrated considering how many turnovers he piles up.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

No, but you're now on my ignore list.

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

he looks tired, but if that's so he needs to adjust his game. Less hero ball, no step back threes. Dish and drive, or just dish to a cutter. Part of this is McHale's fault. Why does he continually iso harden rather than draw up off ball movement and allow Harden to make the right pass/serve as decoy? Or even set a screen for him, have someone assist his bucket? I don't get our coaching some times.

16. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he could stand to lose some fat.. he probably eats unhealthy because hes young and dumb. maybe drinkin too much too.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He relies too much on the FTs and Refs and in the playoffs they let guys play.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member

another other side note to 'wtf is wrong with harden' is that harden is now acting emotional.

I don't know harden, but on the surface he seems like a pretty quiet guy. I have never seen him scream and say bunch of curse words like he is doing now. Seems like he is playing with a bit of anger/emotion and it's backfiring. Maybe he is a little more emotional and complex then we originally thought?

I hope this isn't going to be an issue going forward. maybe he needs to lose the beard. I mean how long does a beard like that take to grow back. It's not like he couldn't grow it back by 4th of july. Sometimes you need to shake things up. If I were him I would shave the beard right now drop 50 on OKC tomorrow and let's talk about game 6 in htown. GO ROCKETS. BELIEVE IT. U GOTTA KNOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9HVlOLb94

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SX9HVlOLb94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

He just had a bad game.. he does create open threes for delfino garcia parsons etc.. and he helps our team in a positive way in general. every player has games where they make mistakes that have a negative effect, but without harden we wouldnt have been close in these last games includinng this one, and we might not even be in the playoffs. dont turn on him now, this is why i hate clutchfans now, so many knee-jerk reactions.. without him we'd be the same ball movement get good shots until clutch time when teams shut u down and their superstar takes over, like weve been forever now. harden is go-to and has proved himself in clutch situations. even last night, he had good plays at the end he was just fudging up in the last minute, bonehead plays.. hes learning. again, he had a bad GAME..

20. Prince

Prince Member

there's another thread for that.