1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we have a serious discussion about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Apr 28, 2013.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Then I guess i should have expected nothing.

2. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Excellent points.

3. CertifiedTroll

Jeremy Lin is a good point guard, his skills are pretty raw and it is magnified playing with Harden. He either needs a very productive off season training playing with out the ball or needs to be introduced to a new system. I like Lin, but we need more out of him for him to be playing up to his contract. If a better option appears go for it, but I have no doubt that Lin is a hard worker and will improve over the summer.

4. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

To be fair

The last winning game with Thunder in regular season, Lin's two 3 points shots in the last to minutes was game changing play and that was in the moments when the team need them the most.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Many people can' look past the first two months of the 2012-2013 season and see the player you see. I think he is doing fine as well.

6. Roxs

Roxs Member

For what its worth, Lin would not have played so much if Bev didnt get three fouls in about 8 mins.

Heres hoping that the Roxs will improve their PG position next year, either by getting new players or by the current PGs playing better. Of course hopefully the Roxs improve their PF situation with more urgency.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Game 1: Plays like trash. We all know it. He wasn't alone however.

Game 2: Plays fairly well, IMO, in the first half. However, the injury knocks him out of the second half. Criticized for his softness and lack of heart

Game 3: Gives it a shot, though clearly injured. Doesn't play so well, most likely due to the shoulder injury. Sits down while Rockets make their run. Criticized for playing and being a detriment to the team.

Like, how do you win if you're Lin? You get compared to Scottie Pippen one game, then called utter garbage the next, tho injured.

Anyway, I'm still high on Lin. He played all 82 games and did fairly well considering his first real year in a brand new system. Guys need to relax. He's young. Give him some time. Same with Bev. Those 2 could be our PG rotation for the next few years.

Lin needs to focus this off-season on his outside shooting primarily, as well as working on reducing turnovers.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

lol, he hasn't been bad for just 2.5 games. He had an "okay" season... but not for the $$ paid to him, not for a starting job. I'm sure he'll get better. I just don't know how much.

9. timyeung

timyeung Member

Finally a serious and fair discussion.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'll give Lin another season, but my expectations are high. Everyone's should be. Rockets fans deserve a team that can contend if they stayed loyal after the McGrady/Yao failed experiment, and all the changes we have made since then.

12. jclee

jclee Member

Yes people, Lin should get traded, HE is the only reason the rockets lost! No one should get any blame. It's because of him that we will be done in the next game.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yet if he sits and we still lose you'll still blame him for not having heart and playing. No matter what Lin does he's screwed by some posters on here

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

To the OP who said he was at the game and those of you who were also at the game. I don't think you appreciate the perspective of what Lin had to go through yesterday just to start the game... it was discussed more in depth during the broadcast.

He took only a handful of practice/warmup shots earlier in the morning and during pre-game... it was reported that he missed every single shot and was wincing in pain everytime.

He gave it a go, but clearly had nothing to give. He was taking out of the game at his usual point in the first quarter and many thought that would be it for him... but because Beverly got into foul trouble, Lin was put back in during the second quarter.

Multiple reports during halftime said that he would NOT be back in the game. And surprisingly, he was starting in the third. I believe he was pulled without about 8 mins left in the third and then he was finally done.

He was in no condition to play this game. But how do you think he felt the last several days knowing/remembering the controversy of not playing in last year's playoffs with the Knicks. Amazingly after starting 82 games this year, his toughness was questioned on this board because a chest "contusion" is only a "bruise". Now people are complaining that he shouldn't have started and hurt the team.

It was an excruciating loss. But to blame this loss on him is outrageous and you are just looking for a scapegoat because you can't bear to put any blame on Harden.

15. AVoiceInACrowd

I wish people would stop making it seem like Lin's contract is huge. You have to look at it in context. 8.3 million is WELL BELOW average for a starting pg not in their rookie contracts. There are only THREE starting pgs not in their rookie contracts making less than 8 million a year. They are Dragic, Lowry and Felton. Even Beno Udrih is making 7.3 million and he was coming off the bench this year for the Magic.

1 person likes this.
  16. AVoiceInACrowd

Forgot about Mario Chalmers. So that is 4 and not 3.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Those numbers don't factor in defense. Highly skews towards offensive players. This is why asik doesn't get the same hate.

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know, I really like Lin (hate his fans, but I like him), but he needs to come off the bench and be our 6th man.

Beverley is the perfect compliment to Harden and this team, and Lin can play well with either of them. That's a great 3 guard rotation. Plus we would not have to rely overly much on Harden and run him into the ground. And the defense of the entire team is so much better with Beverley in comparison to Lin -- not to say Lin is a bad defender (I think he is above average), but he is not as good as Beverley, and the whole team's defense looks better when Beverley plays alongside either Harden or Lin.

19. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Do you ever think about what you're about to say?

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

wait, 25 games of Linsanity?

Give me whatever you're smoking on.