1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/27/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2013.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I had to remind myself that Rome was not built in a day.

2. major_major

major_major Member

we'll win game 4, the refs will ensure that. now that the series is a lock for the thunder, the league needs to get an extra game's worth of income.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This team is done. We should prepare to get some big man in the lineup. BIG athletic dude that can shoot...not like Asik that can't even drive and shoot . We need Josh Smith or Howard. Don't give Smith a big contract though cuz i don't think he's that good...terrible free throw shooter. We should maybe do some big trade. I am afraid they might trade Lin...if so, i am out of here. See ya. He has been sucking up lately....and i don't know if injury is any excuses.

But i still believe Lin make a huge difference in the game. He seems to be the ONLY guy that can push the ball and push it hard getting the defense on their heel. And that create open shots for teammates.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Hardens skill level needs to evolve and rockets need a consistent scorer before rockets can even challenge for a top 5 spot in the west. A pf and PG upgrade are needed

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

IMO, the biggest missing piece is a big man with some offensive game....one where the ball goes inside and actually has a chance of being caught and even more amazing a chance of scoring or kicking it out to your shooters. We absolutely don't have anything close to that. It would also be nice if your scoring threat inside could shoot FT also. That big man alone would totally change things IMO.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Very tough loss, oh and that three by Durant :(:( what a lucky SOB

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Weird stat of the night. Rockets blocked 12 shots, as many as they had in any game this season.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/328377717756162048">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

You've been here for so long but you're going to leave the site just because Lin leaves? Are you one of those fake rocket bandwagon fans ?

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Only if that "right guy" is a dominant post player. A superstar in the paint and one on the perimeter could be enough to be a contender. But where will we find someone who fits that description anytime soon. I don't even know if I'd count Dwight Howard considering his post-up game is not that great for someone with his physical skills and years in the league(not to mention if you foul him, he's all but guaranteed to miss one of the two free throws).

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Guys, we are an 8th seed, we are not supposed to win any games....

This is an experience year, the kids need to grow up some.

DD

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far. We're not supposed to win this series, sure. But to say the Rockets aren't supposed to win any games, especially with the Thunder missing their 2nd best player is selling us a little short. We're not a sub-.500 team that made the playoffs by default like the Bucks.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are not a good team, we squeaked into the playoffs playing a gimmicky up and down 3pt bombs away offense and a leaky as hades defense.

Winning 1 game against OKC would be pretty amazing, Durant is still far and away the best player on the floor.

This is about experience, IMO.

DD

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Ok, it's time to wake up.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Like seeing the kids grow up but next year this team needs to get a veteran PF and back up C.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Agreed. But sometimes you just get so carried away and too emotionally invested in this team that you convince yourself you actually have a chance and then comes the heartbreak when you're faced with reality. :(

Nothing but good things ahead in the coming years. Future is bright with this team with Harden and the way Chandler has developed as well.

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

what do these guys learn by watching james harden throw the ball away? delfino/garcia are the ones that hit the big shots and they wont be around long anyway. Good thing Bev got the big minutes down the stretch experience, ohh wait that didnt happen either.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You mean grow some balls? I think McHale is regressing by not having the balls to play Garcia more minutes in two straight games now until when he realize they're way behind.

18. art

art Member

so frustrating to see the rockets come out so sluggish. dug a hole by letting kd go off in the 1st and we couldnt throw it in the ocean. guess that's what happens when we play this "style" i know mchale wants to play inside out too, just dont have the pieces in place right now.

cant wait to have a big guy who we can dump it in for two.
    come home lamarcus
    dwight, you can have it all in htown without the scrutiny

i have all the confidence in the world that we can pull out gm 4 and show some pride and avoid a sweep, especially in front of the home crowd. team really buckled down and showed a lot of heart fighting back and taking the lead. wouldnt be shocked if we blow them out.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You can't overlook Francisco Garcia. That guy was annoying the hell out of Durant. He made a lot of clutch shots. On the same token he made some boneheaded plays but he deserves a lot of credit for the comeback.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

exactly, Garcia is the #1 reason they came back. Harden is a reason to? No *****!! by default your best player will be a reason you're in the game. But since he's the superstar he's gotta do more and go win you the game.

Or at least get a shot up. To say you cant blame Harden for the late game follies and missed FT's is ridiculous. THere's a name for player who do great for 3.5 quarters....not clutch.