1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you think if roles switch and Harden got injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Apr 26, 2013.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I'm on twitter and I see a lot of death threats and other vulgar comments regarding Beverly. Imagine Harden has the ball and going to call timeout and then Jackson runs in and try to get the steal. Later to find out Harden got his meniscus torn, what would you think of the incident? I know a lot of said Beverly was just playing hard and it wasn't dirty. What if it was done on us?

2. MonKing

MonKing Member

Most of CD would be reasonable. But we have some folks saying bad things about our own players. If this had happened to Harden you see just as many disturbed adolescents crawling out of the walls here.

3. MonKing

MonKing Member

Fixed

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

We'd be exactly like OKC fans right now.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Same thing will happen regardless of fan base.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is hardly a guarantee haha

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

"And if you don't like what I did then do something about it. Harden will be in Houston tomorrow. "

Beverly said this.

8. thekad

thekad Member

I'm sure a certain segment of this board would be cheering Jackson.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Within any group, demographic, or whatever, there are always going to be complete idiots even if there are also smart, and forward thinking individuals in that demographic to balance the equation.

Same goes with Clutchfans and the city of Houston. Id like to think the smart folks outweight the dumb ones, but the problem is you often dont pay enough attention to the smart approach, and only focus on the negative.

So yes, I do think you would see the same reaction.

10. pnr

pnr Member

Every fanbase would react the same way. Humans have emotions and losing your star player in the playoffs has got to hurt.

11. HL3

HL3 Member

If that happened Perkins would probably tweet the same thing he already did:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And if you don't like what I did then do something about it. Ill be in Houston tomorrow. 1</p>&mdash; Kendrick Perkins (@KendrickPerkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/327584966437384194">April 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Face it, OKC are a bunch of classless bottom feeders. They will grab our players so that Stern can gift them the game and then talk trash about it on Twitter, but when it's their turn to take their licks suddenly they're the victims and woe is them. What p*****s. They can dish it out but they can't take it.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Would we also have Durant on our team?

13. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

twitter.

jus sayin.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It did happen to Houston fans when some no name Jets player decided to wreck Cushing's knee....and in that instance he actually DID go for Cushing's knee.

Not sure if Houston fans sent death threats his way or anything though.

15. conquistador#11

i think we would send death threats. remember those dorks sending threats to jacoby's twitter feed? and that was our own player. :p

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's why it's not comparable. The Slauson block was low and irrelevant to the play. In this case, Beverley went in for a steal (with no whistle blown) and knees accidentally bumped. Apples and oranges.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

haha yes, I do remember that too.

I'm sure that Jets player got a few threats, I don't even remember the dude's name but **** that guy.

18. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Give it up already. Troll.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Beverly play was also irrelevant, it just wasn't malicious in any way.

I wasn't comparing the incidents any ways, but the question it seems is how would Houston fans react if their player was taken out on a irrelevant play. I'm sure people here would say Jackson was dirty too.

20. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

You think it bothers Beverly..... NO if anything it fuels Beverly

Come on now let's be real we would be exactly like them

He'll I still HATE the Lakers for what they did to Yao Ming. If wasn't even technically there fault, but it happen facing the Lakers. Lakers basically ended Yao Ming career and I will always hate them for that