1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher says Daryl Morey = David Khan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seyton, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. rocketsmetalspd

Does the organization owe Bucher some money like Barkley:grin:

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well that's one less journalist/analyst I will be paying attention to.

4. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Was listening to KSPN Los Angeles yesterday and one of the guys were saying every time they hear Morey has made a trade, they wonder who just got hoodwinked.

People around the league are afraid of Morey. That just tells you how good he has been. Downside is that it probably makes people afraid to make deals with him going forward.

Ric Bucher is basically the same as Fran Blinebury and his career seems to be going in that direction too.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Bucher has it out for Houston... I don't know why, but he's constantly hating on us!

The guy tried to argue that Curry should've made the allstar game IN PLACE of harden! Anytime he reported things his "sources" never game houston a shot at anything!

I'm in record in saying he's the biggest joke in sports!

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Khan picked Jonny Flynn over Steph Curry. Nuff said. It's almost as bad as picking Thabeet over Harden, or Darko over Melo.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

This team would have looked a lot better by now if Morey had the high draft picks that the TImberwolves had.

Our highest draft pick was 12, and that was because of a trade.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Most likely true. But Morey has made some picks that, in hindsight, have been failures.

Mook Morris over Kenneth Faried or Kawhi Leonard
    Patrick Patterson over Nikola Vucevic
    Royce White over literally anybody

Not saying Morey should be condemned for those picks, but it's not like his draft history has been completely stellar. But picks like Parsons/Budinger/T Jones make him look much better as well.

9. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Morey hasn't drafted great...but his biggest asset vs. other GMs is he hasn't given huge contracts to veteran players who end up being terrible. The jury is still out on the Asik and Lin signings but at least they're young players with upside. Other NBA GMs seem to open up the vaults to overpay guys who've already established their worth.

Morey also counting on TMac and Yao. Not his fault they got injured. Morey resembles an NFL GM more than an NBA one. And that's a good thing.
    NBA GMs seem to be among the stupidest people in their positions I can imagine. Never would see people that dumb running things in any other industry.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Patterson and Vucevic weren't in the same draft... Vucevic was drafted in 2011, same draft as Morris

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What stupid Bucher doesn't take into account (as others have pointed out) the Wolves picks have all been single digits, while the highest pick we have had is 12, which we traded dalembert for. It's easy to draft guys like Rubio when your picking top 8 every year!

I wish I could have a face to face conversation with Bucher, I would absolutely destroy him on things like this!

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whoops. My bad. Good call. Got mixed up there. I meant Larry Sanders.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're talking about mid to late first round picks that half or more of the rest of the league passed on as well.

The chances of getting any decent player at those slots is not very high. However if that's your measure it's far more difficult to find a Chandler Parsons or Carl Landry in the second round.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Asik is without a doubt worth his deal and more. Lin has played at right about his contract value. And like you said they are both young and not finished products. Both of these signings have been and should continue to be wins for morey.

15. logggur

logggur Member

I don't get the people saying Morey is bad at drafting. If you get a starter/rotation player 1 out of every 2 picks, that's great.

16. Rocket Booster

Rubio already got Kahn fired. And if Morey had his way, he would have gotten Rubio too, as remember it was Adelman that said Morey wanted to get Rubio and he didn't go for it.

If not for Adelman, Morey would be just the same as Kahn, and drafting a guy in the top 5 that can't even shoot or score at the level of an average NCAA DI player.