1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW are this years cinderella team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Stopped reading after that statement. You Harden haters are ridiculous, smh.
    Even when its not about Harden, its about Harden. Hes taking over you mitches minds! hahaha

2. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The Warriors are a team on the rise, but they will be a 1st or 2nd round exit this year. But they are a team to watch next season or season after next. They already have a pretty damn good core. Add a bit more interior size, improve their defense and get mentally tougher and in a year or two they could be a top 4 seed in the West.

I'm also not sold on Mark Jackson as a coach...at least not yet.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Warriors are great, even have a brighter future than the Rockets if they can stay healthy imo.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm a HUGE Harden homer. I haven't posted ONE bad thing about him. But saying Curry out preformed Harden after the all-star week isn't that outrageous.. he really has

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Harden is my favorite player of ours but its pretty clear Curry has outplayed him lately.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Is Jerry West still with the Warriors? That's the only reason why I would think they would have a good future. Many teams in the past have shown one good season and crash and burn the next ones. Front office matters.

7. 12power

12power New Member

If only tyson chandler had sign that contact with them, imagine how dangerous that team would have been:(

8. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

If Westbrook can't go i'm upgrading these guys all the way to the finals.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Uhh are they even getting out of the first round?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Houston is this year's pumpkin team.

11. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Curry was a game time decision tonight but apparently playing due to first home court game in playoffs.

SI.com:

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry is unsure if his sprained left ankle will be healthy enough for him to play in Game 3 against the Denver Nuggets on Friday night.

Curry said his ankle became swollen after Tuesday night's 131-117 win at Denver evened the best-of-seven series at a game apiece. He sat out practice Thursday.

Curry said he'll continue treatment and remains optimistic about starting the first home playoff game of his four-year career. He also said he'll consider a pain-numbing injection, which is something he has never done during the regular season when his twice surgically repaired right ankle gave him problems in the past.

"I can only speak about how I feel right now and I wouldn't be able to play right now if there was a game,'' Curry said before Golden State's practice at Oracle Arena. "Just got to take advantage of the next day and a half to get it right and I think I have enough time to do it.''

The Warriors drafted Curry seventh overall out of Davidson in 2009. After a sensational rookie season, Curry was hit hard by injuries, spending the past two summers recovering from surgery on that troublesome right ankle.

The Warriors still took the risk of signing Curry to a $44 million, four-year contract extension through the 2016-17 season hours before the season opener at Phoenix. It was the final day Golden State could sign Curry to an extension or he could become a restricted free agent this summer.

Curry erased doubts about his right ankle during a mostly injury-free season, averaging career highs of 22.9 points and 6.9 assists while playing in 78 of 82 games. He also shot his way into NBA history by sinking 272 3-pointers this season, three more than former record-holder Ray Allen had for Seattle in 2005-06.

Curry turned his left ankle trying to change directions while dribbling in the third quarter of Game 2. He returned to finish with 30 points and 13 assists. He also had 19 points and nine assists in 97-95 loss in Game 1.

Curry said it would be difficult to imagine if he had to sit out his first home playoff game because of an ankle injury.

"It would kill me,'' Curry said. "Especially for it being an ankle kind of deal. I've been through enough of that.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...st.ld.writethru.0479/index.html#ixzz2RdM6C6sJ

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You realize they were a 6 seed for a reason right?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are a 6 seed because Houston got blown out by them at home on March 17. Otherwise, they would be a 7 seed.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Is Mark Jackson a better coach than Kevin Mchale?

15. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I think Jackson is a better motivator.

16. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Curry continues to play better and better as the season has gone on.

Barnes is really developing and Bogut is getting into better game shape.

The X factor has been Jack with his crazy play in these playoffs stepping up big time.

I think that combined with the energy they are bringing and passion for the game and playing for each other has given them a big chance to move on.

I'm slightly worried about San Antonio with the way Parker and Ginobili are getting healthy again, but I think they can definitely take OKC.

I really don't think OKC are that good this year and with Westbrook going down unless Durant unleashes another level that he might be capable of getting extra shots OKC are doomed.

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

San Antonio is going to the finals in the west. Period.

18. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I'm telling you guys this team is big time led by Curry who is amazing.

Been one of the top 3 players in the playoffs and throughout the last half of the season.

He just needs to watch his ankle.

Bogut is rounding back into a defensive beast and Jack has been huge.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Eh, sadly this style of play won't take them into the finals. They've been relying on Curry to just straight up take over to win their games. It won't work forever. Still what an amazing team to watch. When Curry goes off... WOW. :eek:

20. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

But he wasn't playing well to start and his not ball dominant, Jack is I think really key.

We'll see what happens because I think San Antonio will be a big test but I actually think they can get past Thunder now.