1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poor Lin Only Fans (LOF’s)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 21, 2013.

1. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Wow this is so spot on with the board it's not even funny. Name calling and culting a group exactly leads to this.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you aren't a Lin-first person, then what I am saying doesn't apply to you, but lets not pretend that what I have said is not true for 90% of the Lin fans.

3. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

It's actually really easy to identify whether people are just hating out of irrationality on the players. Which in terms shows if they are rooting for the Rockets or not.

You can make a poll with 3 options.
    1) Without Harden, this team is better
    2) Without Lin starting for the Rockets, this team would have made the playoffs
    3) I don't agree with either

If you read the options and picks either 1 or 2. Then I'm pretty sure you don't know jack about basketball and have a hatred towards the player and should not be posting anymore.

4. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

This thread has nothing too do with Rockets, it's all about the posters on CF(Lin fans).
    Probably less than 5% of the total Lin fans reg. here on CF, and less than 5% OF "that" 5% is what you would call "LOF".
    So.... 95% of Lin's fan base probably don't know about CF, and like the OP said, don't even care about the Rockets(which is true). OP just made a thread talking smack at a few loose fans.

Most of the fan base nowadays get it totally wrong about " true " fan.
    Your a fan of the team that represents your city(Rockets) your not a fan of the rockets, your a fan of Houston, you cheer for the Rockets because they represent the city of Houston.
    IF Les sold the Rockets to a NY owner. He named it The NY Rockets. Les bought the Vipers and named it Houston Vipers. Which team would an average Houstonian root for?

Now it's not fair to ask a common every day Lin fan to put the team ahead of Lin, because to them, they root for the Rockets because Lin represents The Rockets. It's the same reason why a Houstonian roots for the Rockets.

No, the real reason why there's a LOF vs LOH battle here is because some of these LOF's post with strong sarcastic comments towards other posters, and yes, no one likes sarcastic A-hole's , it's annoying and it bothers ppl( smart-a**). And these fans have no respect, really, noo respect at all, it's like a random guy comes to your house and criticize about your parents, only I can call my mom and dad and dog names, not you(LOF).

Anyways that's all I wanted to say, and the LOFH's can go kiss a cow's behind for all I care.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

For the record, you can be critical of someone without "hating" them. As a rocket fan I think Harden had a great stretch this season where he played at a superstar levels. Lin's decision making & shot slowly improved as well. However, most criticism is valid. Harden does play selfish at times and relies WAY too much on drawing fouls than actuall making shots. Lin is just too damn sloppy and indecisive too often and becomes a serious liability out there. Both have serious question marks.

McHale is the same way. He has his good moments but also has his terrible one's. But with so many holes in our roster, the GM deserves criticism as well.

6. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

If you would prefer to see the box score for only Lin and are indifferent to the team's results, then you are a Lin only fan.

Someone should make an app for that, so that fans that prefer box score lines don't have to be bothered with seeing what happened in the game.

7. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

I was mainly referring to the people that criticize Lin fans for criticizing McHale's handling of him.

Essentially, because McHale is a marginal coach (having many other things to do besides Lin) namely his lack of creativeness or structure or both on offense and (less so) defense, he has to run the Harden iso a lot. He's essentially treating Harden "above" the rest of the team (more iso, less team ball...more blame other players, less blame Harden).

Meanwhile, there are many McHale defenders on this board who simultaneously dislike Lin fans for putting him "above" the rest of the team.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

this is genius. a LOF app. Only shows Field goals made, not ones attempted, only shows steals, assists, points, and good passes, and doesn't have a slot for turnovers. it'll be perfect.

The official LOF app, coming Fall 2013

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is some of the most broken logic I have ever heard, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

How do you even perform this type of mental gymnastic?

10. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

You must fit into this group because you're clearly taking exception to what I said.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

People who think McHale is a marginal coach hates human rights, support slavery and support the Knicks.

You must fit into this group because you are clearly taking exception to McHale's coaching.

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

Sorry, most of us would agree that the stuff coming out of an ass isn't considered delicious!

13. New

lets not pretend that that number is based on any facts.

14. RocketPowerNick

Can't catch a break tonight. Bummer. :(

15. GWST11

GWST11 Member

What a jinx thread this turned out to be :(

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

LOF roll call. i want to know who to ignore..

GO..