1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about kids at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Why is a kid on a lap automatically annoying?
    Just cause I cheated the system?

My son will be I to the game, watching, and cheering for the rockets.

He'll be doing defense chants and all that. If he gets bored I hand him my phone and he is quiet and focused on my phone.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Buy him the cheapest ticket possible and use that to get him in and then have him sit on your lap. You save money without sneaking him in.

3. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

I can't help much with the ticket situation, but I will say this:

Don't try to get friendly, unopinionated advice from some of the people on this site.

If they let you in, they are still selling the ticket he would have sat in. And, they are probably making more in concessions.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this reminds of the time volunteering at a ticket booth for ifest one year. children under 4 got in free. of course every other kid was apparently under four when the parents were buying tickets. then one time i asked this father, "how old is your boy?" father says, "four." his kid screams, "No. I'm five!" Lol at the father's face. It turned from embarrassment to consternation to anger.

kids that age are brutally honest. so if you get asked within ear shot what age your son is, just be prepared for him to yell 4 if you say anything else.

5. Shawndme7

Great suggestion Im gonna look into this now.

6. Shawndme7

ugh not that much cheaper.

*edit* i think i found some on flash seats.

Only problem is that leaves 1 seat that should be filled by another loud fan empty!

#26 Shawndme7, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  7. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

You could write for your son "Me and baby rockets, we will grow up..." and in much smaller fonts "...then I will have my own seat"

Have fun, I'm sure your son will keep certain scenes in memory and when he grows up he will say, "when rockets tried to beat OKC, I was there":)

8. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

$150 for playoff tickets? Where are the seats?

9. Shawndme7

Done. Bought a ticket for $50. Hate to leave an empty seat for a playoff game so If anyone lives in Houston and is interested in going, I can try to get my son and I into the game with my regular seat. If they let us in, I'll sell my ticket for like $35 bucks and help another fan get in to experience a playoff game! If not I just use both tickets, no biggie.

10. Shawndme7

Uppppp if anyone's interested.

11. Code Red

Code Red Member

Agreed! Louder the kid the better I think. Lol This is the playoffs. We need all the support we can get to get the place loud. :grin:

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

OP I hope you teach your kid to scream his head off. We need to be as loud as we can be. I don't think anyone will shush a kid.

13. Shawndme7

Wouldn't have it any other way

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Y'all are some serious assholes.