1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin single-handedly lost us this game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Really nice spacing, makes me want to read it.

I know J. Lin sucked today and was outplayed by his backup and maybe the backup to the backup (it was garbage time), but the Loss wasn't all on him. We were playing against the Thunder.....things like this will happen

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lin has a plethora of turnovers missed shots and all around bad decissions at the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd half that led to many OKC fast break points and highlight real slam dunks which lead to the game being broken wide open for OKC.

And you want to blame Kevin McHale for that! :eek: That is exactly what I was talking about in the "Poor LOF" thread yesterday. Stop trying to blame the coach for Lin's bad decissions.

The truth is that Lin needed this game and shocker! He played like it was his 1st ever play-off game. Lin will get better. This is a learning experience for the whole team. Only Harden and Beverely (and Parsons in the 1st half prior to foul trouble) played well during the game.

This game should not have been a shock. The Rockets have never played a game with this type of intensity before.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Noticed that you didn't post in all the fire McHale or Harden knee jerk threads but call out Clutch to delete this one.

Shocking

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If Lin's the point guard and his responsibility is too keep the game in control then yes, he played terrible. The freakin first play of the game was a turnover by Lin. He just wasn't ready for this stage. Y'all been making excuses for him all season, but last night he embarrassed himself, the organization & the city of Houston

1 person likes this.
  5. recadna

recadna Member

Lin was playing terribly. His first pass was a turnover and it went downhill from that.

However, this is the reason I like we play OKC in playoff for four games. Yes, we will get swept. However, the learning experience against fully engaged OKC for our young players is invaluable.

6. dianelo

dianelo Member

If I didn't watch the game, I would think Lin committed goal tending on an opponent's winning shot or something like that. LOL.

7. ada32

ada32 Member

The Rockets came in having won the opening game of their last three playoff series, all on the road, in 2005 and two series in 2009. No NBA team has ever won the opening game of a series on the road four straight times and that record remains intact.

"Believe it or not I think losing like this will be good for us. We'll get better out of it, we'll look at the film and see what we need to do to get better. But just coming out here and being in a playoff atmosphere, on the road, it's good for us. We just gotta get more rebounds."

-- Harden

Source: http://www.nba.com/games/20130421/HOUOKC/gameinfo.html

8. VanityHalfBlack

Embarrassing the city of Houston?

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

jeremy lin wasn't the only reason we lost, the team as a whole played awful. It's actually a good thing we got blown out because now we know what we are up against.

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yes. He made everybody ashamed

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes the city of Houston

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No game 2 will show they knew what they were up against but still wasn't ready like they won't be again in game 2 when they get blown out. McHale will mentally think he's making the right adjustments but by actions on the court you will see the same thing all over again.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL You defend him even with proper accusations. You're nothing but a blind LOF.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you compare Lin and Lebron ever again...you should be banned from talking basketball...

Please don't be ridiculous

15. MystikArkitect

Jeremy played awful, no question about it. It's his first playoff game, he's essentially still a rookie, and was going up against the best team in the league (debatable) with the most athletic point guard in the league. What did you all expect him to do? If there's one thing about NBA Playoff success is that it must be earned. Miami had to do it, Dallas had to, OKC had to, and now we have to.

Everyone played like hot garbage, Harden included. Glad we are going up against OKC and not San Antonio because at least with OKC, our flaws and our major weak points are being exposed like crazy. Can't fix it if you don't know what's wrong to begin with.

This is the team that the West will run through for the next 8 years. Might as well start figuring out how to match up against them, can't be sitting there every March and April hoping we don't get them during the playoffs.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Dude nobody gives two **** about basketball outside of clutchfans and 1/3 of the population in Houston. So please stop seeing things in a microscopic point of view and crawl back to that hole you've been hiding under.

17. ada32

ada32 Member

Cstyle42, there is no embarrassment to this lose what so ever!

OKC is a better team from players to coaches!

We are no match for OKC. I am happy if we can take just one game from them!:p:p:p

18. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

19. VanityHalfBlack

Unleash the B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Lol what the hell, my iphone sent it off before I finished the post. Anyway, I'm not talking about beating OKC, but the effort level. I wish we had Lowry mostly because he's a beefed up version of Beverley, you know the guy will throw himself in with the 7 footers to try and snag that rebound, and never quits, whereas Lin shows flashes of that, but also seems to just hide in the corner forever.

Although to be fair, neither Lowry or Dragic had to play with a guy like Harden, so for all we know, they could've been neutralised as much as Lin has been this season by McHale's rotations.