1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 3/8/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2003.

1. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yes, I noticed that Yao is getting muscular. Hope he can continue the weight-lifting program during the off-season. If he can increase his weight to around 330 through weight-lifting, he can really dominate with his 7'5" height.

2. got-milk!

got-milk! Member

the following from Clutch City Rox vs Nets summary
    the Rockets must NOT be comfortable with this V over the Nets, they must step up their competitiveness and strategy to be the team that they theoretically are on paper ........... for a team of this calibre, comfort should be realized when everyone can see past the superficial differences and really start trusting each other to help pull the game together during competition. But nothing is more comfy for an NBA organization sulking in the excessive luxury of the Championship Ring. Looked like the Lakers were just a little too indulged and disillusioned in that luxury earlier this season........ I hope the Rockets are not indulged and big-headed with what they have achieved thus far ......... :rolleyes:

3. got-milk!

got-milk! Member

the following from Clutch City Rox vs Nets summary
    btw..... I don't think the Rox actually "cruised" to an 83-71 victory. The Rox faltered to an 83-71 victory when they needlessly allowed the Nets an 8-2 run with less than 2 minutes of play left ........ Rox are capable of even more convincing victories but just have a habit of getting sloppy and careless ......

4. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Haha, ok, now you have to realize you're just being stupid right there. When you're up by 20 with 2 minutes to go, you're bound to not be putting all your heart into the last moments of the game... or even all your best players. An 8-2 run at the end is MEANINGLESS. How long have you been watching professional basketball?

5. 41Fan

41Fan Member

How often will he get even 8 shots. Listen up, Texan (moron). Glen gets ball, Glen gets points. Is that simple enough? Ask your adult school teacher to help you if need be.

6. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

41fan, i'm a moron? thanks :eek:) means a lot coming from somebody that i don't know.

i strongly doubt that you'll find many glen rice supporters here. you said "glen rice gets shots... glen rice gets points?" nope. sorry. don't agree with you there. you can say that about bryant, kg, francis, and several others. hmmmm... you probably could have said that about glen rice 3,953,641 years ago. you should have said "glen rice gets injury free, glen rice finds the fountain of youth, glen rice plays the game by himself, ... then glen scores points". he's been nothing but an injury plagued, has-been since he joined the rockets. sorry to rain on your parade.

i'm as big of a rockets fan as you are, that's why i don't appreciate the "moron" comment. i just remember the days when the rockets signed players with talent AND mental maturity. rice... well... he's just half of that... just mature.

go ROX!!! phoenix lost tonight. they have a long way to go. extremely lucky that nj wasn't shooting well. a win is a win.

7. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

41fan... what's up with the "adult school teacher" thing? pretty lame insult if that's what it was supposed to be. you can do better.

go rox!!!

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Sorry, Glen Rice sucks...or haven't you been watching the rox this year? Since you're in 'Cali' why don't you ask around and see why the Lakers got rid of him? Idiot. :rolleyes:

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I guess us Texans are morons...but still great enough to make it to the White House.

Great win for the Rocks! The nets terrible right now, but the rocks really needed that win. the suns lost!

Rox..must wins coming up. Crappy LA...and Chicago are here.
    Will be at the...hopefully blowout games (in rocks favor).:cool:

10. rvpals

rvpals Member

I'm so right about the first part, indeed we beat the Nets with large margin.

I hope we're going to make the playoff.:cool:

11. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

He did this in the last game thread too. Us Texans....

But he is right...if Glen Rice is set up for an open shot....he has been making them...... really. He has been.

BUT yeah.....you idiot.

12. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Well...actually I can very well say that when Glen gets shots he gets points...you further your morondom by saying the same about Steve Francis. Perhaps you are the ones not watching much Rocket basketball this year, yes Stevie is a great player, but he has gone through many nights, especially recently, where he has put up more shots than his points would suggest..even out-shooting his point total...that doesn't happen with Rice...when Rice gets open looks and post-ups he capitalizes at a very high rate. He is a streaky guy, and if he gets the ball enough, it will go in. San Antonio, LA, Pheonix? Remember those games...no one gets hot like Rice can on this Rocket team, I don't care about how young they are or how good their crossover is...oh..and you shouldn't mention the Frnachise in the same sentence as Kobe and Garnett, he's just not there. Perhaps you aren't an all-around moron, but you are surely a basketball moron, but a lot of fans are..hence the nonsense often spewed on this here board. This team is better with GLen on the floor..end of discussion...well morons are hard to have discussion with...hmm..end of lecture.

13. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Well, firerudyt, I wasn't impying that the insultee went to school and had adult teachers...i was insinuating that the chuckle-head goes to remedial high school...or "adult school" and that he should ask his teacher to read him the message if he had trouble with it....silly texans...always misreading things..well...when they can read.

14. 41Fan

41Fan Member

The Lakers got rid of him because they were giving Rick Fox too much money and wanted to stay under cap. They offered 7, GLen wanted 8...they couldn't find a compromise...and it was sad Los Angeles day indeed...however...you moron Texans pay him 9+ and don't play him...when will you Texans ever learn.

15. 41Fan

41Fan Member

And wasn't his address to the nation rivetting?? George W. Bush is also a moron, and if you think he isn't you grow yourself, into a bigger moron.

16. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

okay glen... errrr... 41fan.

being the moron that i am let me further my morondom by saying that i still think that glen rice sucks.

you said that glen rice is streaky? ummm... okay? streaky like sam mack, tracy murray, pete chilcutt (or chilly pete if your a rox fan), and matt maloney. you mentioned the games against san antonio, la, and phoenix? that's 3 out of 62 games. if that's streaky, then you're saying that zan tabak and earl cureton were streaky as well. sorry, but you proved my point. try again. also, since when has being streaky been a good thing? OMG!!!... and how dare you even mention his post up game? the only thing that it's remotely comparable to is pervis ellison's post up game (at the end of his career at that).

no... it's not the end of the discussion until this thread is done away with, but now... this moron (me) has to go play metroid prime on his gamecube. laterz.

17. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

one more thing (putting metroid prime on pause)... why don't you put some sort of a glen rice approval poll on the bbs? well... maybe not. i'm not sure if many people will be able to vote and pick up their buttocks at the same time from laughing it off. your admiration for glen rice is utterly disturbing.

18. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Had you willpower or a brain I'd urge you to go ahead and look through the Rocket box socres..when Glen gets shots...regardless of the kind of start he gets off to, he scores. Any moron, even any Texan, would realize that this Rocket team is more potent with him on the floor...just watch the game man, and not just the nonsensical bravado or Franchise and the Cat, or the one steal and dunk Posey gets a game, or even the ridiculous amounts of post ups Mo T can get even when he's off, and you'll see the team function more fludily on the offensive end, and smarter on the defensive end. Glen Rice does not suck, has never sucked, and still, old and slow, is a much better fit for this team, than any other 3 we have at the moment. Oh, and GLen's post-up proficiency is 82%...i don't remember Pervis Ellison doing anything like that..or being an all star MVP, or carrying teams for years, or anything gLen has done. To compare GLen RIce to the glut of forotten one dimensional names you mentioned is a pathetic disgrace. You, my friend, are a moron. I pray every night that I never even have to stay an hour in the Dallas Ft. Worth airport on my way to some other respectalbe state.

19. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Because the overwhelming majority of these posters...are morons like you.

20. got-milk!

got-milk! Member

:rolleyes: the point here is to consistently defeat your opponents by not relenting on the offense (or defense for that matter) and maintain a wide PPG vs opponents PPG differential...... which translates into a record which speaks for itself:

Mavs:_____102.3PPG______93.3OPPG_____9.1 differential
    Kings:_____101.1PPG______94.6OPPG_____6.6 differential
    Spurs:_____94.5PPG_______89.5OPPG_____5.0 differential
    Rox:_______92.9PPG_______91.7OPPG_____1.2 differential

I personally look at these numbers as "Effort Value", and it kind of works nicely as a 1-10 scale........ it doesn't say everything about a team, especially if they are finally on a roll, but the numbers reveal a plain and simple fact about the ability and coordination of players in these teams at this point in time. Now go back to sleep and wake up refreshed so to be at full potential for tomorrows cheerleading of the Rox. I'd like to see the Rox set the record tomorrow vs the Clipps this season to 1-2..... I think it'll happen.........