1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Mr. Space City

i post on other sports boards as well and people are saying the same negative things about harden.

2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

hey its u again, whats up, i dont understand why u keep defending this guy to no end. Seems like most fans thinks harden sucks. there is a legitimate reason for that. Btw would you to make a friendly wager that harden will get absolutely humiliated by OKC?

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Seems like most fans think Lin sucks, does that make it true in your eyes?

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Hilarious because people like you think Harden is some 2nd rate all-star after a ****ty game. I'll admit, he's had a lot of ****ty games this year.. but still continues to produce at a high level. He's had quite a lot of 10+ assist games this year and is a good rebounder for a 2guard. Not to mention he's top 5 in PPG. Oh yeah, he's 23.

5. MonKing

MonKing Member

This thread is an outrage, I'm shocked by you people. If Clutch had any sense of fairness he'd delete this injustice immediately.

Wait a minute, thought this was the "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" thread. Never mind.

6. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

what does player of the week has to do with his half of games being awfull?...even Kobe had player of the week and month awards nevermind he was awful half of the games...

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

THANK YOU! that's what I been saying this whole time. He just doesn't have many moves!!

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden is nothing without the refs. He basically stumbles into the lane and tries to flop for contact or jump into another player while he's moving. That's not real basketball and is a p***y way to play the game. He is not special at all. Turns the ball over, can't be counted on in the closing moments.

I am glad he is getting exposed as a second tier player right now and it will make Morey see that Harden can't be the #1 option on a championship team. He just can't.

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I think he is what he is. An all around player that's an average shooter, can drive and dish. His skillset makes having a PG somewhat redundant. Harden by no means is a prolific scorer like TMAC , Kobe, or Melo. These guys mentioned can simply rise and fade or pretty much take a decent shot whenever they wanted. Harden relies on picks and spacing to be effective. Slowing the pace of the game also effects his game tremendously. His game is basically all perimeter and penetration. No mid post game.

I miss when we had Hakeem who I felt is a prolific scoring big men. We use to dump it down low and just drop our jaws in awe thinking how did he just make that? Something out of nothing.

10. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

You're overreacting. I felt what you're feeling right now while watching nothing but iso-ball throughout the 4th and overtime, but Harden is not overrated. He is learning how to be a superstar. He's shown times when he's been incredible at it (Minnesota 4th quarter, OKC game, Spurs game,) and when he's been terrible at it (tonight, phoenix, grizzlies losses). When he learns to make the right decision every time, he'll be the best shooting guard on the planet. He's still learning right now playing with the youngest team in the league.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Not a good bet to make. Harden got his season high against OKC and I think he WANTED to play OKC.

Though, humiliated is vague and could his being humiliated be construed as team success, which would be your only way of winning that bet.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Where would you rank Harden in the league? Top 15? Top 20? Top 50?

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

had kobe played tonight we would have won... but we had our bearded-kobe to choke us away from the 7th seed...se how lakers are better off without kobe... and they would be top 3 seed given chance to play whole season without kobe and for other players to develop and be more involved...

14. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

LOL can't wait for OP's Harden threads when the playoffs start.

15. lwlee

lwlee Member

Gawd, Harden has turned into Melo. Melo stole Harden's mojo.

Melo and his 40% fg was like the norm, now all of a sudden he's mister efficiency. And this happened at the same time Harden went to shyt

16. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

He's not over rated. He just played a bad game and made a lot of bad decisions lately. More TO then assist in the last few games, but he is not overrated.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

There is a big different between Harden getting player of the week and Kobe. Plus, feel free to review those weeks. Also, feel free to review Harden's 4th quarter stats second half of the season. He is still a top 5 scorer in the 4th quarter and was able to get us the W a lot of games. But, it has been clear that he has not been able to do it as of late. As Rockets' fans, we should all give the man a break. He carried this team BEYOND expectations and we have no true reason to feel like we will only continue to get better with him as our number one option.

18. pnr

pnr Member

I can't believe he played the same way twice in a row in two crucial games. It has to be on the coaching staff. They're the ones enabling him.

19. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

yes you are correct, he's had many crap games, yes he produces at an extremely inefficient level but that is a function of him having the ball in his hands all the time. His misses in the 4th quarters are countless. He is a good player. I just don't know why fans expect him to be a franchise type guy.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not a lot of intelligence in this thread, I'll say that.

This is what I'm talking about "Bashing" it's more than "He had a bad game." it's just straight unfiltered **** mainly.