1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last game against the Lakers on Wednesday will be for the 7th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Apr 15, 2013.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Historically, the Lakers had Kobe and were not fighting for a playoff spot on the last game of the season. . . .

2. hali

hali Member

No, we won at King after that game. If we loss to Sun on that game, we still in playoff before Laker's game. It still the same result except we will have no chance to get 6 seed at all.

3. Arthurprescott2

Harsh. Unnecessarily so.

Harden's play has dipped a bit from his peak because of injuries but by no means has his production/performance been subpar.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With the Lakers going twin towers now late in the season, the 3 ball is going to be key. You know Pringles wants any excuse to go small anyways, so force his hand, and you got a shot at winning on Wednesday. Shoot less than 50% from 3, and good luck.

Either way, Rockets fans should go ahead and prepare for a matchup with OKC. Which isn't such a bad thing even though the Rockets really wanted to face a lesser opponent.

OKC Vs Hou will be must see TV because of the obvious storyline. Also, Houston has played them tough the past two years. Our guys really seem to get up for them. Also, this is a learning/development year anyways. A good swift kick in the A#$ will do this team wonders in the future for their development.

I almost feel like them beating a team like Denver who is riddled with injuries would set this team up for a Summer of thinking they are going to waltz their way into the WCF next season. I think a dose of reality in the first round will do wonders for this team for the next 4 or 5 years.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>This loss hurts big time as it was self inflicted. Losing rebounding by 5% to below avg rebounding team on my list of many problems tonight</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/324025555714461696">April 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Who we play simple now: Lose &amp; we play OKC. Win &amp; we play Spurs or Denver. Spurs most likely. In one very unlikely scenario we play Clippers</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/324150185087340546">April 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Inexcusable lost, smh. This was against a team with no JO already and one of the bottom feeders and we still looked like the lesser team. This is alarmimg, we'll get our ass kicked in LA and get swept by OKC if they play like that the rest of the way. I hope we beat LA but Im not counting on it.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if Bavetta or Crawford are assigned to this game, the fix is in

especially since Crawford just did the last Laker game

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Screw it! Lets knockout OKC and walk our way into WCF!
    To be the best you beat the best, and if we lose ehh, was a Damm Goodyear as a fan.

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We blew the Lakers out last game, while they had Kobe and Nash at full strength, though without Gasol

We can beat them. Asik can hold Howard. We have tough, gritty 4s to throw at Gasol; especially with how Jones has been playing.

Who's going to keep Harden and Parsons in check? Throw MWP at one and the other will go off. Lin may be inconsistent at times, but I have no doubt he will step up his game when it counts. He'll get Howard in foul trouble.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you are sincerely underestimating how good Gasol and Howard have looked lately. Especially Howard who last game looked like Howard from past years.

Also, the Lakers do not have to use great perimeter defense to stop the dribble penetration of Harden/Lin/Parsons if they are in tune enough to know how to funnel them into the twin towers.

The Lakers were a mess before, but seem to have gotten their crap together now. That game wont be an easy task whatsoever.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think at this point in his career the lakers should have been going through howard and not kobe.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Absolutely

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Dude epic fail against the Suns, ex rocket players were gunning for us all the way. People on the board are asking for the Spurs, and you might get them and get swept. Lin is overmatched and they have a better all around team. I will still cheer my butt off for this team of course. The Thunder are going to get passed both teams and hope Howard gets embarassed in the first round so that he never wants to put on the yellow and purple again.
    Getting Burnt by the Suns

[​IMG]

15. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I WOULDN'T GIVE A HALF START FOR THIS THREAD ESPECIALLY WHEN U SAID LAKERS PLAY BETTER BALL W/O KOBE. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HOW MANY GAMES THEY PLAYED? 1? S.BLAKE with one carrer game? They have no Nash, no Kobe or any other sg/pg, they don't have a strong bench and Metta is after an injury that he still should treat. Stop Pau and Dwight, don't let them get easy points inside an we win, unless we play b****ball like we did in PHX, then yea, Lakers might look like playing better w/o kobe if we play that kind of bball.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. TEDY

TEDY Member

guys, this will be a tough one... even if the rockets play well the game will be rigged

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I said better team ball.

19. TEDY

TEDY Member

I bet Stern will step in, the NBA wants Houston to play OKC in the playoffs, and LA play SA, you really think they will keep the Lakers away from the playoffs? Its all about ratings

20. amak316

amak316 Member

Kinda silly, there is a huge chance if Jermaine O'neal didn't bail us out we'd be playing for our playoff lives tomorrow. Harden has been really awful the last 1.5 months, I think McHale wore him out. Tough to go from 6th man to one of the biggest roles in the NBA.