1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will win a first round series.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Apr 15, 2013.

1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Round 1? We going past that....

2. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Round 2??? Past that too...

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I would be happy to have them win Game 3.....maybe Game 4. Then lose in 6. I'm happy with the team but let's not start talking crazy as if we are in anyway an elite team. Did you see them play the last couple of games? And that's going into playoff mode. This playoff round might mirror the T-Mac vs Utah series. Harden against Denver or SA. I love the team but come on. Beating San Antonio........:grin:

I will happily eat crow if all my predictions are wrong.

4. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

Denver and SAS will both be difficult series for Rockets. I actually think the Rockets play better against SAS then Denver, this year for sure. I think to win either of these series it will come down to more than just Harden and Lin. The entire team and bench has to play solid. I think they will be excellent games either way. Can't wait.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Beliefs? I believe we will lose. We have performed poorly against the better teams in the West. That is the reality. I choose not to ignore the facts. If we play well and win a couple of games I will be pleasantly surprised.

6. poing

poing Member

if you have confidence that we will pass round 1, then you're basically saying we're going to the western conference finals right?

round 1 = spurs or nuggets most likely. you think we will beat either.

round 2 = spurs or nuggets depending on which one we didn't beat in round 1. same logic from round 1 applies.

thus, your thread title should have been this:

We will be in the western conference finals.

if you're going to make a farfetched prediction, at least make it bold.

7. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

The thing is, even though the Rockets have played a lot better since the trading deadline (at a roughly .650 pace) the problem is that so have Denver and Memphis, the west is super deep.

We have a slightly better chance against the Spurs especially if Parker isn't right, but really, a realistic look is that we' should be happy if we manage to win more than 1 game.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I honestly thing we can beat Denver with or with out Gallinari. Not so much on the Spurs though. Spurs still have Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Popovich. We will lose to San Antonio
    4-2

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Logic vs. Luck. I say the Rockets get lucky. "Should" may not happen. "Could" might. I like the way they are playing right now. The Memphis game though a loss was nonetheless encouraging. The Rockets slugged it out, overcame a deficit, and came up just short. They may be "peaking" at just the right time. Whatever happens, the season has been a breath of fresh air after a long stifling series of disappointments.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol im as big of a rockets fan as the next person but there's a line between being a fan, and being a delusional fan. don't be one of those running around telling everyone we're going to win the first round, talking like that we'll have a crappy fan reputation like the lakers.

12. Methom

Methom Member

just...just... just, hop on the bandwagon after round 1 please

Man all this negativity and doubters...started to even question if I was on the right forum. GO ROCKETSSSS!!!!!

13. SirKen

SirKen Member

We could have had a chance against OKC (possible Westbrook meltdown). We could have had a chance against Spurs (No Parker and we always played decent against Spurs during the season games). There is no freaking chance we are getting past Denver. Iggy will lock Harden down and McHale will fail to adjust accordingly in time.

14. Peaceful Elbow

I like your optimism. Actually, I do think we have a pretty good shot at beating the Nuggets.

15. CertifiedTroll

Damnit, Francis back on the crack.

16. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I'll take realistic expectations over stupidity and delusion, thank you very much.

17. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

18. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

if we play Denver, we will destroy them. they're nothing without Manimal. it will be tough against the spurs though but they won't be able to keep up with us. looking forward to the 2nd round.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

my only goal for this playoffs is our players to stay healthy... or avoid major injuries....this is more important and imho better in the long run than breaking into second round and having your major player injured by some major injury...just stay healthy and our game and results will improve in the next few years automatically

20. King901

King901 Member

Denver beat the hell outta us without D.G