1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Kobe Bryant is amnestied, should Rockets make an offer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 13, 2013.

1. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Wowowowowwwwowow. No no no no no no no.
    NO!!!!!

Even for the minimum. No!

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Kobe will be like Jordan coming to the end of his career when he come back and realize he ain't the same with the same explosiveness and then decided it's time to retire. Mark my words.

3. hocash

If jerry buss were running the show, they might amnesty. It's the smart move. Jim Buss ain't smart.
    Jerry always knew the organization comes first.

4. Rocket Booster

It's very doubtful he ever even plays again with an injury like that and at his age. That's just about THE worst injury possible for a basketball player.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If anybody can come back from that injury at that age and mileage, it's Kobe Bryant. The guy will rehab harder than anyone whos ever had the same type of injury. As weird as this sounds I don't think this is gonna make Kobe any different of a player than what we saw this year. Obviously that's a big assumption on my part but Kobe's the hardest working player over the last 20 yrs he eats sleeps and pisses basketball that's all he knows and loves. He's the most competitive player I have seen other than jordan.

Only time will tell but for some reason I just don't see this being the last time we see Kobe Bryant dropping 30 a night in the NBA.

6. HL3

HL3 Member

I wouldn't write his obituary yet, the prognosis I'm seeing thrown around everywhere is 6-9 months. Even if he misses all of next year the winning bid would get his bird rights. The question is will he want to come back? For now he seems determined to.

If only for a year or two Kobe could be a great mentor to this young team.

7. hocash

Exactly. Look at all the young players he has mentored to success. Just look at all of them......

8. bgrice

bgrice Member

i seriously doubt they amnesty kobe. even if they do (which they won't) my bet would be on him going to the bulls. he is not coming to h-town so we can just stop this nonsense right now lol

9. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

Wow - don't hold anything back, tell us how you really feel.

10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Kobe Bryant is a Laker for life.

Why not just amnesty Royce White and move on?

C'mon the chances of either player of actually playing meaningful minutes for the Rockets are remote.

Just lock Terence Jones and Greg Smith for the medium term and see how our young roster develops.

11. Little General

Kobe will probably retire if he is amnestied.

12. Kinetic

Kinetic New Member

Kobe Amnestied is completely out of the question. Although, Jim Buss is an unpredictable guy. If he Amnestied Kobe, there will be riots on the streets and the fans are going to hit the Lakers where it hurts: THE POCKET. An NBA team will never see a boycott the likes of which will occur if Kobe is amnestied. Kobe fought to the very end and he has gave his entire life to the organization.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Teams are allowed to amnesty only one player during the current CBA.
    They already used it on Scola.

14. amaru

amaru Member

The Buss family will easily make that back in TV rights. This is LA we are talking about, not a small market like OKC.

15. amaru

amaru Member

In addition to what Rockets2k said, the amnesty can only be used on a player who was on the roster under the old CBA. Royce was still in college then.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even if Rockets had their amnesty left, they'd use it on a bigger contract than a 1st rounder playing around the league average.

The best option for a lazy Royce is to leave him @ RV, let him take on some more child support payments, then showcase him during contract season when he's actually motivated towards moving something other than his typing hand or lying lips.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Should i be in mourning? Kobe is worth a quarter billion dollars. Let that sink in for a minute. Now, consider all the years he has played and how many career threatening injuries he has faced. Kobe fans are acting like its the end of the world when they should be happy they got to see him healthy for 16 years and got one more full season of him tearing it up at close to 35 years old. He won 5 rings. I think he went out like a champ. He was relentless and continued jacking up jumper after jumper. He made one last j and two free throws to help his team make the playoffs. When yao or t mac went out it ended like **** and left a bad taste in my mouth. At least the lakers still have dwight and gasol who can finally take over the team now that the inefficient chucker is gone.

I remember when dumbass fans, especially lakers fans would make fun of t macs back saying dumb **** like my neck, my back, my neck and my back...or laugh when yao got injured again. This is the same pos that beat up battier and made him bleed for playing good defense and yet the foul is on the player who is bleeding.

/ipad rant

18. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Kobe getting amnestied would be such a disaster that Stern might have to step in. Not even joking.

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

And change the name of the other team to Los Angeles Rockets.

20. Jedster

Jedster Member

Don't be mean. What about Smush Parker or Andrew Bynum?