1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I'm curious why you would think that?

He's had 2 opportunities so far and while he missed it against the Heat, he made it in the Toronto game last year.

So at the very least he's 50-50. So why would you think he would miss?

2. xm2x

xm2x Member

People need to stop whining about the ref and this loss. This is a good lesson and get the Rox prepared for the playoffs. It's going to be physical and don't expect to get calls like the regular season games.

Harden got us back in the game and had a couple of chances to win the game, but his ISO crap is really getting on my nerve, he knew he wasn't getting calls and continues to ISO. If this is what we expect to see in the playoffs from Harden, we are not going to win.

Lin was terrible for the most part except at the end of 4th, hit 2 major 3's and found Asik for a easy dunk. But this is Harden's team and don't expect Lin to get touches at the end of a close game. Just the way it is.

This board is terrible these days, you can't criticize a bad performance by a player without insulting other people? I had no problem with Harden's last shoot, it was open and he missed. I can live with that, however the previous three possessions were garbage. And I love the way he complains and never get back on defense when the ref swallowed the whistle. Oh and don't get me started with 2nd straight game with 8+ TOs.

LOFs are biased and annoying sometimes, but all the not so funny sarcasm and trolling by members of pre-2012 are equally annoying, if not worse than LOFs. And the irony is that they hated the way LOFs defended Lin and treated Lin like god when they should look themselves into the mirror when it comes to Harden.

2 people like this.
  3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Clyde has been ridiculed on the board about his comments on TV so I don't know why you seem defensive about being called out using Clyde as a reference to any argument.

4. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

That's why to me the most frustrating thing about the NBA is the refs, they
    just have too much power and control on the game. And they can control the
    out come of a game easily with their whistle.

Memphis Grizzlies was the more physical team tonight, and they are the away
    team, but the Rockets got called more PF (26) to Grizzlies (22).

And then you look at the Lakers Vs Warriors PF and FT.

Lakers 17 PF 50 FT Vs Warriors 33 PF. 16 FT.

You can't tell me the NBA is not rigged.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Not even mad.

Good to see this kind of emotion from our guys,good coaching experience and player experience for the playoffs.

Just gotta use it.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Currently reading donaghy's book... NBA is absolutely rigged.

7. gate470

gate470 Rookie

It's really you who's defensive. No one on here, including me said they believed everything he said nor did I preach that Clyde's comment was fact or truth. Clyde made a comment that other people in this forum noticed so I mentioned it. For you to go out of your way to discredit his comment is a little over the top, since he's entitled to his opinion, as am I.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No one on the Rockets was "WIDE OPEN." Harden drove it inside, and the defense collapsed on him, by the time the players became open, Harden had already gotten hacked and lost the ball.

9. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

Smh! How many games we lost was due to the Iso play?

10. shumbum

shumbum Member

Him and that other guy are the same guy. LOL

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Yeah but if Clyde kissed Harden or McHale's ass, he'd be back on your list of smart evaluator.

1 person likes this.
  12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You obviously don't remember championship winning shots made by Paxson and Kerr.

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Much better than Victoria's secret too. All those are just stick figures with silicone boobs. This pic is the real deal. Victoria Secret's doesn't know how to pick women. This one wins all out. LOL...

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No bro, you're the defensive one. I'm basically saying I laughed when I read you used Clyde's comment to back your argument, that's all.

Lindsey Lohan is entitled to her opinion too, doesn't mean it's worth much.

Uhh, no Clyde has made asinine comments about Harden too. But thanks for assuming. That would be like me assuming you wanted Lin to take the last shot instead of Harden.

#1854 v3.0, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  15. bmw35

bmw35 New Member

I'm ok with the last play by Harden.

But Last 4 play by the same Harden ISO? Against the best defensive team in the league? It's a bad plan.

16. radd

radd Member

you guys take an objective look... what was the right move in this one of the last four possessions that ended in harden iso.

http://tinyurl.com/d3wr9yq

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

All I know is we better have a better plan than iso Harden to close out game in the playoffs. Or else we don't even have to think about going anywhere in the playoffs.

18. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

How about playing a better 1st half, not turning over the ball, not giving up easy baskets, and not being down 13 pts to begin the 3rd Quarter .... that way the Rockets will be up by 10 points and the refs cannot tilt the game without making it blatantly obvious.

And another thing, we are almost as bad in the games w/ 2+ days rest, as we are in 2nd of back to back games. This team can't seem to stay focused when they have too many days off.

No coincidence the teams we lost to like Milwaukee, Indiana, and nearly lost to Phoenix ... because it was a game from 2 days of rest.

19. coach41

coach41 Member

Warriors 15 offensive rebounds.

Warriors had 34 points in the paint. Lakers had 34 points in the paint. I guess the free throws the Lakers shot don't count as being in the paint.

But the Warriors were hardly patsies shooting jumpers tonight.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

dat b**** is fine!tell me more about her.

I just watched the highlights and all the crunch plays were bad calls. even the commentator was like uhhh-Hmmm. Thats why people from the streets don't give a **** about the NBA. I'm talking about OG's that say magic bird play. They know what's up