1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets Announcers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Two Sandwiches, Apr 6, 2013.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

yeah when I watched out game against them they were easily the most unbiased ive heard

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You hate Michael Oher's dad?

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Exactly this.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

The lack of enthusiasm they show as basketball lovers on that Jones block leading to the Dunk by Anderson says it all. There is homerism and then there's this. Even Worrell, Bullard & Clyde get excited over great plays by the opposing teams. These guys sound hateful.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I didn't get to watch the game love but I just downloaded it and I'm up to the 3rd qtr... Geez this nuggets color guy is r****ded. Every foul call made against nuggets is either a rockets flop or bad call by the ref. This announcer is on par with Sean Elliot when it comes to being biased.

6. trowa2

trowa2 Member

also lin made shots because he is lucky

7. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

I found that and the fact that all of Houston's foul calls were flops pretty funny :rolleyes:

8. Dementium

Dementium Member

You know I'm now quite torn on whether or not I want us to face the Nuggets in the playoffs.

On the one hand I don't think I can sit through another session of listening to their announcers. On the other hand I would dearly love to see the Rockets shutting them up.

That and their fans too. UGH. They seem so damn sure they would sweep us in 4 in the playoffs. Would love to see the Rockets kick their butts.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The clippers guys are my least favorite! They're good about showing the other team respect, but every thing Flake Griffin or Chris Paul does is the best play if the year it seems like to them. Just super annoying to listen to if you hate the clippers like I do!

Also, the pacers guys are pretty bad

10. ptR91

ptR91 Member

those announcers were announcing like it was their first time watching basketball ever. OMG HE HIT A THREE!!!! OMG STEALL!!! OMG HES DRIBBLING WITH HIS LEFT HAND!!! f'ing annoying, i muted them. They sounded like groupies, instead of professional announcers.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You wouldn't have to listen to their announcers, every game will most likely be on ESPN or TNT. Maybe if one is on NBATV.

I want no part of the Nuggets in the playoffs though. That's been a bad matchup for years it seems like. I think they'd beat us in 5. I'd rather play the thunder where it would be one of the main story lines in the 1st round and I think we could take them to 6 or 7 games. Maybe even shock the world and win the series...

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I refuse to believe that there is anyone worse than the Rocket's broadcast team.

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

What do you guys think of the Portland announcers? I think sometimes they can be bad (homers, lots of misleading info), but I've met them and they're pretty nice to opposing teams fans..

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Totally agree! :grin:

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT HAVE TOMMY HEINSOHN?
    I've never heard a more annoying whiny douche bag commentator than him.

16. LiveEatSleepRox

Bill, Bull and Clyde are pretty darn bad, mostly because of their bad jokes, bad puns and references to things people aged 25 and below won't get.

But it's their homerism is pretty average for NBA announcers, I find that Bull would admit to a foul being a foul and a charge being a block, when it's called in favour of Houston. Especially since he's one of the only announcers I've heard really stress the point of trying to get flopping out of the game, when it's their home team doing it lol.

The Nuggets game was horrendous to listen AND watch. That's a nasty one-two punch right there.

17. nicolas

nicolas Member

Am i the only one who heard "McHale is silly if he thinks there was a foul on james harden" ?
    Sick thing to say !

18. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

They were biased. Still, the funniest thing is watching most of you squeal. :rolleyes: I bet posters on any other forum (rightfully) put Rockets among the 3-5 worst announcing crews.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

{Compared to the Nuggets}

Sean Elliott is very cocky Reggie Miller type trash talker. But he'll ONCE in a while at least toss out a token praise to the opposing players. He was surprisingly complimentary on the Rockets style of play last time they met.

Heinsohn is BAD. But I do think he's intentionally following the legacy of Celtics broadcaster Johnny Most most the most legendary homerist of the homers to ever mic it up. I think they're trying to make it a "Boston tradition".

Lawler and Walton are legends. Grizzlies commentators have an interesting shtick. Some kinda professional country gent element to it

Overall, pointing out that homerism exists is kinda pointless, ALL broadcast teams are biased. Its only the AMOUNT of homerism that matters. I can justify it enough on some commentators. I know the Rockets booth is very homer not blind about that.

I just do think Nuggets team is just bad, no justification they can get. Scott Hastings sounds like Rick Adelman's even more boring crotchety bland older brother.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I don't mind them to be honest.

Both Harden and Lin do have a tendency to make things look worse than they are and some of Lin's shots were lucky. Garcia's shot, too.

Hastings did made a couple of dumb comments, but occasional stupidity or homerism is to be expected with pretty much all TV announcers.
    I guess I'm not quite as invested in the Rockets and I just don't mind homers in general -- I like Tommy Heinson or Austin Carr (CLE) for example. It find it amusing when TV guys get mad or bring out the homer in them.

I do dislike Sean Elliot. He's just plain terrible. The Blazers announcers suck as well. Listening to the Mavs or Hawks TV guys is a snore fest. Heat announcers are also quite bad, especially the "coach" that brings up random numbers in every sentence. Raptors TV guys try way too hard sometimes. Thunder announcers are just awful. Suns TV crew is bad. Nuggets are OK.

Nets & Knicks have by far the best TV announcers IMO.

#80 HMMMHMM, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013