1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    TWOLVES vs NUGGETS GAME 7. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video] Jeremy Lin fakes out Damian Lillard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if you want a scorer. Lillard is basically Brandon Jennings with no attitude problem. Watching the game he's not exactly a vocal leader.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

What the heck. Lillard is way better than Brandon Jennings. Instead of spewing whatever you want how about actually watching him play? Lets not forget the guy is a rookie with tons of potential, not a seasoned player like Jennings

3. SeabrookMiglla

linshake on lilliard, that was a nice move. reminded me of the dream on that one

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yes, I would. A strong 3 pt shooter PG with Harden would be killer.

5. novaman

novaman Member

Chill my friend- not looking for trouble. I'm not attacking any critics, I'm just making an observation not directly pointed at anyone in particular.

I just notice that when Asik had a big game against Orlando no one said "yeah but that's cuz Orlando sucks" or when Harden was huge against Detroit etc.

As far as "winning takes care of everything", in this case it does not, at least for now. Because JLin has been playing well and the team has been winning yet you still see posters discredit his results. Maybe your right that in due time this will all go away.

Get my point?!?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice play! Jeremy had another excellent game. The last 3 games he's averaging 19.67 points, 9.67 assists, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers per contest, with very good defense (in my opinion). Sure, we've been playing bottom feeders, especially with Portland's injuries, but a good team should feast on bottom feeders. Jeremy's been a big part of that success. I thought he meshed well with Beverley when they were both in, which was good to see. He still makes a turnover from time to time that he could have avoided, but he's getting better at protecting the ball.

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jennings is a much betetr basketball player than what people in this forum are giving him credit for. I guess it will have to take Jennings playing on a much better team for people to realize this.

8. pcottr

pcottr Member

I'm from Milwaukee and have always thought Jennings was a selfish, stats-hungry player. He's a (+/-) -252 which is pretty horrendous for a starting PG.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

No Damian is not good enough defensively.

11. basketballholic

For Jennings to play on a much better team is going to require either:

1. His usage rate to go DOWN substantially.

or

2. His own efficiency to improve substantially.

12. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Looks like he's getting some of his stopping power back. Stopped on a dime on that play.:)

13. rinklob

rinklob Member

Lol Jennings is awful. I wouldn't ever want him playing on the Rockets.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why doesn't he do this all the time?

15. RealLife

RealLife Member

Or you could say like Tony Parker but who dunk more. Or Dragic who dunks with one hand (Dragic's favorite dunk is two handed).

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He is almost 23 already. Amazing would be CP3 or Irving their first year who were much better and younger.

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Really are there really all that different? Jennings has more raw upside but he is a headcase that will never reach his potential. Lillard has no attitude problems which is a huge advantage. Lillard may be a rookie but he is 22 already and almost 23.

Both are good 3 point shooters that love to shoot at an extremely high volume and score at the same efficiency 37.2%. Neither is particularly good at drawing fouls. Both are averagish playmakers and poor defenders though Lillard is worse.

Overall, Lillard is better but lets not act like he is an elite PG. There are loads of PGs around his level in this PG deep league.

18. ngazi

ngazi Member

Andre Miller must have seen this video.

19. andersongo

andersongo Member

FAIL. Jennings is only 8 months older than Lillard. Lillard is actually the poster child of the smart player taking the 3 NCAA years polishing his game while getting a college education. That's why his game has fewer kinks and seems just so mature.

20. wincan459

wincan459 Member

I take your post as a compliment to Lin.