1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin be best as a 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Should Lin be our new 6th man?

1. Yes, it would take a lot I pressure off of him.

91 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No, he should remain our starting PG

344 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. nickg

nickg Member

I'm not arguing that dude. People slotted the rockets into the lottery even after the harden trade. This only shows that harden Lin, parsons and, asik are a solid core to have and that McHale, despite some of the funny **** he has done, is a pretty damn good coach that just might know what he is doing. Saying that, I deserve the right to go nuts and trash him whenever he does something dumb.

I still think ISO ball is ****ing stupid for the most part. McHale does as well.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Old Man I do agree with you but hey all this is entertaining. So why get all personal and call jokers stupid and shiddddd...Dude just stating the fact that Lin only fans are always on the attack. Yes it is all good to rep the player that you like and adhore but most of them come at the True die hard Rockets fan in a negative way when discussing JLin's game. A lot of them come on here and bash Harden and McHale as well...

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey handle up, I just know ISO ball is ran throughout the NBA. I also know that this was an trial and error season for us as well. That is why I dont get all tee'd when they lose a game because I am proud of these guys. I am happy that they gave us an exciting season of basketball. We havent made it to the playoff's in 3 season. And look at us now.

1 person likes this.
  4. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48033/jeremy-lins-contract-in-perspective

With that logic, we should go after Felton. Let's just be the Knicks of the Western Conference...bring the ball up court, and dish 90% of your assists to Carmelo Harden.

5. nickg

nickg Member

The whole playoff thing kind of just hit me last night. 3 years felt like a long ****ing time. Plus, I will get to see all of the games on my tv instead of having to deal with ****ty streams or YouTube.

6. Jedster

Jedster Member

So basically, Lin has a problem because he's Asian American and has Asian fans who like him. You like Lin even though you don't think he's good (since he was almost cut from league last year).

Now the question is...if a white or black person defends Lin in a debate, would you be okay with that?

7. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

I am fine with honest debate. But when LOFs just demand that Lin's critics are simply misinterpreting his greatness ("McHale's fault, Harden's fault etc.) it just makes me mad. I get it, if I was Asian I would be proud of Lin as well.

Like I said, I think he is a unique player and the nights when he is the sole ball-handler are truly interesting to see. Because of this, I would like to see him run the second squad, similar to what Harden was doing a year ago. And if not, I would like to at least hear a good debate as to why not, and I have heard some good arguments so far but they do not include "He is just too good duh!"

1 person likes this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed, a long freaking time lol,,,,and yes I get to watch all the games as well because they will be on either TNT or ESPN..funky comcast cant block them games...lol

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Kudos for watching more of the NBA than just the Rockets. It seems a lot of people here totally disregard how much ISO other teams (and I would contend players - no coaches like this stuff) run. Harrison Barnes ISO'd up on us 2 times in the last 90 seconds of our 2nd to last game against GSW where we won at the end. Do you watch Lakers games? They ISO MWP all the time, let alone Kobe. Trob has tried to ISO up by doing step back, between-the-legs jump shots.

The strange thing for me with Lin fans hating Harden for his ISO's: They all saw JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony last year on the Knicks team with him.

How is it surprising that high-caliber NBA scorers are at times inclined to wave off screens and blow up a play to go one-on-one? It happens. I'm not saying I enjoy it or like it as a basketball philosophy, but if you benched a guy every time he tried to ISO up and do too much, you'd be in a world of hurt looking for bodies.

10. nickg

nickg Member

I honestly dont get this and I'm relieved most people voted no. Lin is getting close ( not there yet ) to a mike Conley level and that is not a bad thing at all. Needs to improve defensively, take care of the ball, and be consistently aggressive but he shoots a higher percentage from the floor and is putting up 13 and 6 with nearly 2 steals to conley's 14.5 and 6 ( well over 2 steals ) while playing fewer minutes and out of position for the most part. He definitely needs to improve, but what he needs fixed will come with experience, just like any pg.

11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I think you are letting the handful of LOFs ruin it for you. Harden is without doubt the best player on this team, but he shouldn't have immunity when it comes to criticism. Just as Lin hasn't met the arbitrary standard you have set for him, Harden might not meet the arbitrary standard others have set for him...it's just Harden's bar is much higher, with good reason.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Pimpn I hear ya,,,,some of them cats are hilarious indeed..Have a Ninja over here rolling laughing my ash off. This one joker had the nerve to say that Lin was the next coming of Magic Johnson. And yes sir they kill me with this everything is everybody else fault other than Lin.

1 person likes this.
  13. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

You're not really supporting the argument for fewer ISOs...

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Asians think he is God? First, dude you are really clueless if you think all Lin fans are Asians. Latino post has section dedicated to Jeremy Lin

http://www.latinospost.com/sports/nba/jeremylin

Conservative News Media talks about Lin-McHale dynamic all the time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjUWXZUGBA

So stop embarrassing yourself when you make comments like that.

Second, Lin fans NEVER says Lin is the next coming of Chris Paul, what I have always heard is Parker as his max CEILING. Its you guys who exaggerates about what LOFs say and then attack those points. Also I hear more people calling Lin overrated and overpaid then I have heard people saying Lin will be the next superstar.

15. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

I never said Lin fans are all Asians. I am a big Lin fan and am white as the night. I would bet though that most of the ridiculous comments come from the Asian fans.

16. nickg

nickg Member

If you look at the really successful teams they either have : a) a good team with a very good offensive system b) or an extremely stacked team that plays excellent defense. Yes, a bunch of teams play ISO. That doesn't mean its going to get then ****. Miami is probably the only team that has won recently that plays a bunch of iso, but lebron James is the best player on the planet with a loaded team ( even he couldn't win a thing going ISO against the league in Cleveland, same with Kobe a few years ago ). Every other team had stars/superstars and a great offensive system or just amazing defense, or both.

Nothing wrong with mixing in ISO, it has a purpose. But over the course of the game, it does nothing but focus a defense on that player ( harden in our case ) while everyone stands around. Makes everything that much harder.

Also, a lot of times people are ISOed because of mismatches, not just for the hell of it. Golden state is a poor example because they have nearly constant movement. I watch more games from other teams than rockets, especially this year, because I'm a night owl, dont sleep much, and my daughter doesn't get up until 9:30-10. Plus I go to work in the afternoon.

It may just be lip service from McHale, but its true. The team is better when the ball moves. ****, every team in the league is. Harden is too, look at his numbers. He might finish plays but when they ar moving the ball and moving the defense his points go up along with his efficiency and his TOs go waay down when the defense is scrambling to adjust and react to what they are doing. Arguing for ISO ball is silly, he can still finish most plays without going ISO behind the 3 point line for 15 seconds.

17. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Correction, I meant to say you're not supporting your argument AGAINST fewer ISOs

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

How do you know? You may lose your bet. Asian Lin fans, please stand up. I need fact not based on bet!!!

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Michael Jordan, lol Charles Barkley and a host of others did ISO a lot of freaking times......

But check this out, when they do that and hit a big shot to win that game..Them jokers be jumping out their seats. When Harden hit that game winning shot against the Spurs, the Yota exploded. When Harden went ape crazy against the Thunder everybody in the Yota that was a Rockets fan was screaming MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at the games pimpn hahahahaahaha

20. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Ridiculous comments such as McHale is too harsh on Lin and benches him excessively?? Well go listen to the Conservative News Media guy on youtube. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the guys posting here about this and people like you would think he is Asian.