1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Parsons rank overall SF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Apr 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Chandler Parsons is Shane Battier with a better offensive game.

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

3. KevinG1015

KevinG1015 Member

I love Parsons, but can we all be a little bit more realistic please? Chandler Parson's is great for what he does, but saying he's better than Batum?!

I'm a Rockets fan but by no means does that make me delusional...The people that are saying Chandler is better than Batum, you probably think the Rockets are going to win the championship this year too huh? :rolleyes:

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Parsons is a B ranked SF.

He doesn't excel in any clear cut category besides his athleticism and attack the rim, his defense while not bad, isn't great, neither is his outside shot. He is a great contributor, better then most but a clear cut B as of today in terms of what he does and how he compares to other forwards that play his position.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Concerning his shooting, he is hitting 38% of his 3's and 47% from the field.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

His every thing you wish for in a small forward, but seeing players like Marion and MWP heck even caron Butler gets forgotten you really got to wonder. Offensively his been great, but defensively his really average this season. The one great thing about him is his rookie contract which will expired soon. And then we be looking at another 7-10 mil player.

7. haoafu

His defense regressed with heavy minutes. Offensively his PER is tied at #19 at SF position.

We have the fastest pace in NBA, and he's playing a lot of minutes so the overall traditional stat look pretty good(pretty much in maxed out pace and MPG).

Lin and Harden are like double engine, and their passes make both Parsons and Asik look much better on offense with so many open looks and transition opportunities.

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Paul George
    Paul Pierce
    Chandler Parsons

9. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I'm going to assume you think of LeBron as a PF then...

10. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Isn't he the PG of Miami?

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

5 Ersan Ilyasova, MIL

really, at #5?! Wow.... a bit overrated i'd say. AK47 at # 9? Thaddeus Young at #7?? hmmm.... questionable.
    Even matt freakin bench player barnes is ahead of parsons. Well i think this list is very outdated.

12. Vestax

Vestax Member

LMFAO!!!! too good.

13. Vestax

Vestax Member

If I had a whole team pass it to me all the time while I jack up shot like no tomorrow, I'd be number 1 too.

14. haoafu

This list get updated at least once a week. It's not outdated in any means. Fans just like their own players more. Some younger prospects ranked after him may have more value/upside, especially if you consider he'll get paid in a couple years.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Keep this up and you may prove that Parsons is the best SF in the league. :)

16. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

... No.

17. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

CP25 would be better.. in a team that didnt have Harden.. he would be the no1 option.. but in a Rockets team you can never truly evaluate him since our offense is "pass"
    Love his overall game and without being bias i rate him top 5 in league

18. dmoneybangbang

The list is accurate. However, when you look into the numbers you'll see Parsons is top 10 in TS% and AST, middle of the pack in TO and USG, and bottom of the pack in rebounding. This is his sophomore year.

19. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Lets be real, Parsons would be lucky to make the top 15

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

talent wise 10-12 range....
    with existing contract - top5.