1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets better without Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Mar 31, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You think you know basketball better than Daryl Morey?

[​IMG]

2. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

The folks bringing up Lin can pack it up now and exit through the gift shop. If anything we should trade Lin for someone less turnover happy. We need a true PG that is a pass first PG. Lin seems to only succeed in a staring role where there is no other star barring the center. This is evidenced by Lin and Melos failed cohesiveness. I knew there was something wrong with Lin. Now look where Melo and the third place Knicks are. For some reason I have been led to believe that Lin can only create assist wise when you give him the ball in an iso assist type of way. This is unacceptable because this role is usually reserved for a premium scorer a la LeBron who drives in and then kicks out. You cannot afford to have a PG who's highest chance of making a play is to kick out on drives. To me Mchale needs to use Harden in more of a LeBron type of role, a ball handling forward/guard hybrid and use Lin in a Mario Chalmers type of role.

Back to Harden. You cannot tell me harden is selfish or a liability. Dude is averaging 20 points a night on 11 or 12 attempts. He does not need 30 attempts a night like Kobe but sadly most of you would still like to see an aging kobe rather than see where harden can take us. This is his third year for crying out loud!

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Stop with the Mask pictures. Seriously, that is hella annoying.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You suck at this but you have replaced Swoly on the annoying signature todum pole. Congrats.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This. The more weapons you have the better.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, Harden is a pretty big reason for this teams success.

Yall think that you can do it without a definite GO TO player?

Well watch the last what...two to three years of Rockets ball. They had no go-to guy but a bunch of solid-good players. You guys would have loved those teams.

Also Harden does more than just score 26 a game.
    He gets plenty of assist. He's a guy a defense has to focus on. He gets to the foul line plenty of times. Also there is a clutch factor, a go-to guy factor that is never considered here.

It's like the ball would likely move better if you take away Melo or Kobe from their teams...but those teams are not better without those guys.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Dude of course he is being sarcastic.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure you really do believe this.... but you are wrong.

Like a former Houston assistant coach recently told me: "You are dealing with fans that do not know much about basketball and have an agenda."

Having said that, it is your opinion... you are just wrong.

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Lol Glen Rice makes an appearance.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

haahahaha:grin:thnx for the encouragement bro... harden sucks big time 50% of the time - still earning big bucks
    [​IMG]

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hook, line and sinker. Lol

The OP sure fooled a lot of people. He was being sarcastic for those who still haven't figured out yet. Lord have mercy on these poor souls.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

jesus christ dude. You are going to get some sort of infarction for posting so many unrelated pics if you keep this up.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just want to chime in again. This is the greatest thread ever.

14. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Lmao at the people talking about that he is not a big of contributor to the team as what we make him out to be. It is not just allocating his 26 points and assists to other teammates, It is also controlling the double team, having the opposing scouting reports completely about slowing you down or making you not a factor. He impacts this team as a whole completely.

15. pnr

pnr Member

I thought this entire thread was a joke thread? People are actually being serious??

16. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Look I have always been of the opinion that McHale just doesn't think Lin is good, nothing to do with personal feelings. But this quote makes me reconsider that other theory.

And here is why, just like a lot of people here who are sick of LOFs, I am sure McHale and others are tired that Lin has such passionate fan base with an agenda (?), (ridiculous comment because Kobe and Lebron fanboys are just as bad but no one will call it an "agenda") and these LOFs takes out their frustrations on the coaching staff and others if Lin is perceived to be unfairly treated, i.e. benched. How can this not impact the way coaches feel about Lin?

If you see all these Asian reporters speaking broken english only asking questions about Lin, I wouldn't be suprised if McHale and others are getting pissed off or at the very minimum irritated at Lin for being so popular without being elite (We know how many here are ticked off here for the exact same reason). With that quote by the assistant coach, no wonder some of bizarre decision now actually makes a bit more sense.

17. Fighton

Fighton Member

and what a pompous ass. i'm glad he's a "former" assistant coach.

to make that claim about the fan-base of any player, you would have to make quite a bit of assumptions, and really, paint with a wide, wide, brush. fans of lin are no different from fans of any other player; they find something that they like about him and want to root for him. as for make-up of the fan base? probably reflective of other fan base of popular players - you've got a vast majority of casual bball fans, some fanatics, and some with plenty of bball experience either playing or coaching above a high school level.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

perhaps not but nevermind my argument still stands because if sam presti is allowed to make such a mistake then moreso rocketsfans have the right to believe that we are better off without harden....:grin: and not to be considered stupid or outrageous...sound logical doesnt it?:grin:

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i dont know and i am a part of everybody:grin: whatever wouldnt you agree that if some presti can make such a mistake and not be stupid then clutchfans at least have the right the same mistake to make? :grin:

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think that McHale reads the message boards, and other than blocking the chow line it doesn't make much difference in the day to day life of the coaching staff.

In the last week, some in this very thread have been claims from LOF that:

The Rockets are better without James Harden.

That Morey has told McHale to keep Harden in the game to pad his stats.

That Harden cares about padding his stats.

That McHale benched all the starters in the Indy game because he was afraid to bench Harden.

That Harden is eager to get back because he is selfish and doesnt want people to see the Rockets are as good without him.

That Harden isnt a leader.

That Harden is a ball hog.

That McHale is reckless.

That McHale told the players to black ball Lin

That the Rockets could not trade Harden if they wanted to because of his contract.

That the Rockets would be better with Kevin McHale.

I do not know how bad Kobe fans or LeBron fans are. However I do know that SOME of the LOF's just simply do not understand basketball. There are exceptions, and good posters as well...... but there is a lot of garbage on this site.