1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Screw DirecTV.

Come on uVerse!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the games are on FSSW anyway, because the Rangers are in town.

EDIT...sorry.. The Cat beat me to it.

3. MadMax

That's great and all..but these guys are partners at this point. You have Darryl freaking Morey on the radio this morning telling people they should start watching the Astros now because their product is exciting. That's the GM of the NBA franchise talking about the MLB franchise.

They're in the same boat at this point..both trying to expand their pie with a lucrative deal that will have coverage of them (even if not their games due to territorial restrictions) in a huge area.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I guess it won't be long before I'm dumping Comcast....:cool:

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Screw uVerse.

Come on DirecTV!

6. gossamer16

gossamer16 Member

If fox sports has to block Mavericks games and they do (uverse) then tonight's Astros/Rangers game will also be blocked. Crane is greed incarnate, Alexander isn't far behind, and don't even get me started on the evil that is Concash..

7. MadMax

Nope...MLB territorial rights are different from NBA territorial rights. And neither Crane nor Alexander are responsible for NBA/MLB blackout rules.

Rangers games were on TV all year last year.

8. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

So if CSN gets a deal...I can watch Rangers games and Astros games?

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

i dont really care which one is screwed...I just want to watch Rockets and I have att lol

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Be sure to call your friendly non-local att rep and scream bloody murder, tell em your outta there..then start negotiating. I've pulled this stunt twice already. And it works. Doubled fiber speed, no charge, (bring up the comcast increase at no price increase that just happened), got HD no fee, movie channels, no fee, blah blah blah,,,cut bill y 45 bucks.

and a bunch of greedy blood suckers,.,

p.s. most important part, increasing that fiber pipeline...my Rockets streams aren't stopping any more so lolololl....

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I just called DirecTV and got absolutely no where as far as a discount goes. And I can be pretty convincing and demanding. Maybe that meas that something is in the works. :rolleyes:

I actually feel kind of bad, the person that I spoke with was a nice guy. Consummate professional. He didn't deserve the respectful yet harsh verbal lashing I just gave him.

12. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

damn...saw this and got my hopes up

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I despise Crane. I hope it drags out even longer.

14. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

You might have to threaten to cancel. It took me getting very stern and telling them I'm not under contract to get a small discount.

15. conquistador#11

i'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

16. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Everyone complained about Uncle Drayton, but I think we'd all love to have him back instead of Crane . . .

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Too early to tell, but I'd rather have a minimal payroll with a good farm system and up and coming players than a bunch of overpaid roster filler (Predro Feliz, Kaz Matsui, etc.) that will be lucky to hit .500.

As long as he doesn't STAY this cheap when the team is ready to compete he'll be fine. But yes, the whole CSN thing has gotten him off to a very bad start...especially to those of us that care more about the Rockets.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, well... I'm currently under contract, and still receiving new customer discounts. The guy didn't hesitate to remind me of that. I quickly responded with: "So because I'm under contract and receiving discounts, I should be grateful and just sit here and be quiet like a good "boy" - Is that what you're saying?" I had him speechless by that point.

19. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

If the rockets make the playoffs? Will we be able to watch on TNT/ESPN? Or will they black out the games. I hope they don't decide to bring back rocketsvison.

20. joesr

joesr Member

Screw Comcast

Come on Comcast!