1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Blah. Let me rephrase that:

I could've sworn that the Rockets won last night. Or did I hallucinate that and they got blown out by 30?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll restrain myself here.....***** *** ****** **** *******!

3. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

no need to restrain yourself. just say something with some basketball thought behind it instead of random insults and jabs that most posters seem to be throwing.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hey all you Monday-morning quarterbacks, why don't you do something useful and suggest a better coach for the Rockets, rather than merely complaining after every win and loss 82 times. Then we'll discuss your proposed choices. Talk about "hindsight 20-20" . . . . You have perfect vision without even watching the games, just cut and paste "fire McHale" 82 times.

You've really made Clutchfans more fun than ever. Of course you believe that statement, since you've only been on CF for nine months, and you think fans everywhere rip their coach after every win and loss.

Go and b**** about older posters and coaches being meanies now, then look back in this thread and see if you are a supporter or attacker of the team. The reality is that you only hope to flood the board with sheer numbers of posters, i.e. gang up on those who disagree with you, i.e. bully those who are in the minority. Animal Farm.

2 people like this.
  5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Problem is Mchale never said or even hinted that he was developing parsons and harden when he played them 40+ mins over and over again... while he benched lin and asik... what he said was he was trying to win....

Now that there is no Harden or parsons, we just started developing the young guys? why not rest harden and parsons earlier minimize their minutes to 35-36 mins and let the other rookies develop?

on your 2nd point, so you think we have a very high chance that we will make it out the 1st round of the playoffs,beating SAS, LAC, OKC, MEM, that's why we risk our playoff stop to prepare our young guys? We haven't even guaranteed our spot in the playoffs yet lol...

6. REEKO_HTOWN

You diss the basketball team saying losing in the first round is to be expected? What's the thought in that? Where's the evidence that last night's win against a tanking team will cause the Rockets to lose in the first round? Let me guess, it's just gut feeling. Well you can get that crap outta here.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

The blasting of the coach in of itself is not dependent on Rockets performance. But the way this board blast the coach changes.

Rockets lose by double digits: McHale is a miserable human being who should not even be in contact with players.

Rockets lose close: McHale's <insert such and such rotation decisions> made us lose the game.

Rockets lose by closing with the bench: McHale is stupid for not having starters

Rockets lose by closing with starters: McHale's stupid for continuing to use ineffective starters.

Rockets win by closing with the bench: McHale hates Jeremy Lin

Rockets win by closing with starters: Rockets players awesome. Would've won by 20 if McHale wasn't an idiot.

Rockets win big: Rockets players REALLY awesome. McHale? Riding the coattails.

There's basically no accountability on the players from this board... except Harden's iso/defense and a myriad of Lin threads where there's positive and negative stuff mixed in with every game. But that seems to be mostly due to these players being in the spotlight.

Personally, I believe in fairness. If a coach is responsible for losses, than he should be responsible for wins. If he's not responsible for wins, then he shouldn't be held accountable for losses. As long as there's consistency... which of course there isn't.

1 person likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

^ ^ ^

I, too, was offput. Often am with KMc. But the reality is he had a purpose and an understandable one. And this team - - this squad, including the Beard, having a season like this? Ida never thunk it. But the 2012-13 Rockets are accomplishing so much more than I allowed myself to hope for. And guess who has been coaching these kids, k-i-d-s!

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, so we win, without 2 of our best players. And this is what we talk about?

Some of yall are just a bunch of sad sacks. Learn how to enjoy a win for once. Always looking for something negative. What's the fun in that?

10. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

It's called having realistic expectations bro.

durrrrr

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

I don't like Mchale but I admit I didn't think he did anything wrong. You gotta remember the team we were playing against, the lowly Magic. I was pretty confident they were just not good enough to win the game.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

You're forgetting about the camel. The camel could only handle 40 wins.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When I was a kid playing streetball, there was an accepted wisdom that you couldn't question a teammate's shot selection if he hits the shot. If he takes a dumb shot and misses, you jump all over him. If he takes a dumb shot and hits, you keep your mouth shut until he does miss. Obviously, Morey would disagree. But, I think the streetball wisdom is applicable here. So what if you disagree with his coaching choices; he won, so keep your mouth shut. It just looks to me like McHale's got more balls than you for letting his reserves finish the game and keep the starters rested for the challenges ahead. I look forward to the game thread where McHale leaves his underperforming reserves in and loses.

Well, he is a big guy.

2 people like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

No, it's called being a pessamistic jerk just because you disagree with the coach that surprise surprise has the youngest team in the NBA sitting on 41-33 record.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

does that mean we, including mchale, all should shut up if we win and lin had 40 TOs?:grin::grin::grin:

16. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

This is also my thoughts concerning McHale. He pissed me off greatly yesterday, but we still won.

17. torocan

torocan Member

There's nothing pessimistic about the idea that it's highly probably that we'll be eliminated in the first round if we play the Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Denver or Memphis.

Those are all far more experienced teams with multiple all stars and play off experience.

We have the youngest team in the NBA playing their first season together, most of them playing together for the first time, most of them playing their first play off games in their lives.

It's nice to be optimistic and think we'll do well, but thinking that it's a high probability that we'll get out of the first round is blind optimism.

It's not like getting struck by lightning, but would you bet your Life Savings on the Rockets getting to the 2nd round? If you wouldn't, it's not pessimism it's realism.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If I hadn't been too active on the board I would call this an exageration but this is SPOT-ON.

19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

The quotes are out there and many of them are being discussed to death in this forum. My point is Beat writers are making it seem like those quotes are not that big a deal similar to how "Lowry was just being Lowry". Its very easy to dismiss it as LOFs being overtly sensitive when there are so many quotes by both Lin (allergic to 4th Q, playing better because of more consistent playing time, joking around about Beverly's energy in the 4th Q, continuing playing his brand of bball after McHale's HR comments) and McHale (Lin trying to hit HR at the cost of wins, ignoring questions about Lin, discussing how some starters on the bench deserves more minutes over some starters just because the team is developing those starters) that are borderline controversial.

20. PeppermintCandy

Agreed. There is a storm brewing, and many a camel's backs will be broken by the time it's over.