1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. cmellon

cmellon Member

It's not about winning or losing. It's about the decision making process.
    What if they lose tonight? What are you going to say? Still backing up McHale? Giving time to develop young players?

1 person likes this.
  2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I was hoping for the loss. This fool has got to go. He will not keep dodging these bullets.

1 person likes this.
  3. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

a win is a win, i bet McHale's confidence comes from the team called Magic from Orlando.

4. wanghan2004281

If a coach has shown clear signs that he doesn't know how to win, no matter how many Ws he gets, he doesn't deserve the credit.

1 person likes this.
  5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

April Fools?

You cant blame McHale for D-mo being soft in the paint and clueless with the ball. We had a huge lead and the starters should of rested the whole game but the bench didnt do their job.

I applaud McHale for leaving that group in there

6. trock

trock Member

I'm not going to kill McHale for tonight (though I disagreed with prematurely treating this as a sure win), but I really don't understand this argument. What kind of lesson is learned by almost losing a 17 pt lead in one quarter against a piss poor team? All they did at the end was play badly. It's just fortunate we had a big enough lead to walk out with a win.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

It was a win after all. Calm down.

8. hahachui

hahachui Member

I think we should put back Aisk at least on the 5 mins mark...and bench TROB

9. cmellon

cmellon Member

People are way too blind not to see the risk McHale takes by saying we win, so what.

We can lose very easily this game. We are lucky we can still win it.

1 person likes this.
  10. tada

tada Member

Man, I would love to see this board if we did blow the 16pts lead and end up losing. People would be calling for death penalty. Anyhow, I do agree that it did give our backups good experience. However, I also agree that it was foolish risk not worth taking.
    But, I do like McHale's gut to put his job on the line for his backup players.
    For second straight game, I love GSmith and ASIK combo. We were totally dominating the board with these two. And soooooo much ball movement. I hope Harden is being inspired by this and plays motivated when playoffs come. I have a feeling that we will surprise few teams during playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  11. LivinLikeLarry

Hoping for the loss?? Hopefully you are kidding and we are not seeing an emergence of strictly MOH. I mean we are in the middle of a playoff race, and you want us to lose to the Magic because McHale was showing good faith in the bench and resting the starters?

Questionable decision no doubt, but we should not be hoping for losses just to see McHale out the door.

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Not his fault. Was Lin's.

13. conquistador#11

you guys are too much. I blame lin though.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would have enjoyed the complete GARM meltdown if we had lost.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Chill out breh.

McBrilliant read DeAleck's thread.

16. mclawson

mclawson Member

It was never even a one possession game. Calm down Francis.

17. torocan

torocan Member

No, it was a 2 possession game (5 points) and the Magic had possession with 3 minutes left... or as the NBA stats and advanced stat sites like to call it, *CLUTCH TIME*.

Games are easily won and lost in those scenario's. Even good teams lose when one team gets lucky or unlucky due to a made/missed shot, a badly called foul/non-foul, a turnover or a bad bounce for a rebound.

There's a reason why Coaches want their team to build a big lead, it's so you Avoid these situations whenever possible so that you don't put it in the hands of LUCK.

The Win itself is irrelevant in this discussion. A bad decision in a loss is still a bad decision in a win. And leaving the Starters out was a BAD decision.

1 person likes this.
  18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Amen.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

God you're ****ing dramatic...

How are you sure that things go better if we bring in guys who have been resting for 25 minutes of real time? Oh you don't? Kk, stfu then thx.

20. supermang

supermang Member

No it wasnt a bad decision. The coach was keeping the bench accountable for their poor play. In the playoffs each successful team has to be 8-9 deep, you cant just rely on your starters to bail you out when your bench plays poorly. Mchale challenged our bench to step up, get their **** together, and grind out the win. Which they did, and they probably gained a ton of confidence and experience from tonights game.