1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Jones highlights vs. Sioux Falls SkyForce (3/29/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Terrence Jones goes off for 23 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in 27 minutes off the bench:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jp4Q_3UzoQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read more at Crabdribbles.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks a lot! Terrence Jones really showing up, he's working hard and really deserves a 2nd chance after blowing it earlier this year. Too bad he's had that thumb injury. I really want him back next year.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What position is he playing there? Does he switch between SF and PF or play one exclusively?

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Blowing it...??? Hard to say a rookie has blown anything in jus a few games early in the NBA season. Especially since he played very well in summer league and in the pre-season.

T-Jones has been the best power forward on this roster since the day he was drafted and still is...

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Wow... Jones has better handles than Parsons.

I really hope Morey doesn't trade this dude...

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

He blew it in the sense that he got a chance to play and didn't manage to keep minutes, because he was not working hard and playing like he was even more lost than D-Mo.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lmao
    not working hard and looking lost in a game are 2 different matters

Winnebago now that is a couch potato in front of his computer
    Terrence has been good, it takes longer for tweeners, ask Derrick Williams!

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Again, you're judging a rookie by what he did in the early part of the season. And speaking of which in the two games he played extended minutes when Sampson was coaching he played 20 minutes against Utah and had 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 steals, 1 block. And 30 minutes against the Lakers with 8 rebounds and 12 points. No turnovers in both games.

That's better production we are getting out of D-Mo and Robinson now... Plus Jones is a shot blocker which they are not.

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

This coach has never planned on playing Jones and as long as mcfuc&boy is here he isnt going to have a chance. Jones is by far the best power forward on the team right now. I do like D-mo and its possible that Thomas has a better upside but Jones has not had a fair shot since Kevins punk ass came back.

10. prs325

prs325 Member

Cmon Rockets, Unleash TJ...

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I believe TJ is waiting to be unleashed during the playoffs.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I only wish.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Even with the injury concern, it is a wonder why he hasnt gotten more burn on the Rockets. He's too low in the pecking order now, but he doesnt belong in the D-league. Bring him back up and put Ohlbrecht back down.

Jones doesnt have a stylistic game with his big long dribbles and gallops and inconsistent shooting form. And he's a bit of a hog with the ball at times. But its still a versatile game. And he plays tall and strong.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

A man among boys; doesn't seem like he has gotten much a chance.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How come there isn't this much commotion about Goudelock?

16. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

Have some respect dude at least call him Mchale the guy has been threw hell this year lost his daughter he may not be the best coach but I think hes doing good with this young core and not one of them has started a full season.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think ultimately Jones suffers a bit from the tweener game. Less obvious a tweener than Morris was, but still not a traditional great back-to-basket tough inside big, and not an obvious great outside shooting SF.

It's not exceptional to excel in this role, but as we all know, difficult. Especially if you're not going to excel at guarding the 4 defensively or rebounding. And Terrence doesn't appear to excel in those areas right now.

Is there a reason to play DMo or TRob ahead of him? Not that i can see. They all have flaws. We've heard reports of both DMo and TRob working extremely hard, though. Maybe Jones got outworked at practice, even if just a little, and has thus been behind DMo and now TRob since.

It'd be nice if he got some PT with the injuries, but our bigs aren't injured. Harden and Parsons are. And I really don't want to see Jones playing SF.

18. larry cook

larry cook Member

guy has a knack for the ball and scores, more fluid than t-rob and stronger than d-mo le go... In T.jones Voice) All I wanted was a fair shot at it.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What minutes are you talking about? He only played during garbage-time.

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

My prayers go out to him and his family. My prayers also go out to T-jones when he is on the block slangin crack after Mcfuc*boy ruins his career.