1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So McHale thinks our bench can overcome a 17 point deficit against Memphis' starters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Mar 29, 2013.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I understood why Mchale chose to leave the bench in for as long as he did, but when it got to 9 pt differential, I thought okay the bench did their job, it's time for the starters to come back in to finish...I waited and waited for the starters to sub back but that never happened....the bench did their job, and now it should be the starters. I hate the fact that Mchale seems to be testing **** all the time, as if he has like no idea what to really do with his lineups. "Let's try this tonight...nope...well I thought they had more energy and played better...let's try thisline up tonight, well I thought they played better defense....nope..." ffs. If anything Mchale is inconsistent in his lineups or we can say he is consistent in being inconsistent with his lineups. ******* he's annoying. It's like watching a child playing with lego for the first time ever. /rage lol

the past 3 rockets games have really disappointed me and I have like 0 expectations - not even fun to watch - frustration.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yea they did great. But did you really expect them to continue that surge and win us the game against the Grizzlies starters? You dont think they were a little gassed out? Dont you think mchale should of went back to our starters who were well rested who can at least give us a chance?

3. pademon

pademon Member

It could be that part of the reason why the bench stayed on for so long is because McHale and maybe "the management" has some form of agenda to play the bench more minutes as the team can afford at this point in time so that:-

1) they have more experience with the team in the playoff;

2) more minutes will also give them more trade value in any event for the summer; remember Cole Aldrich and others earlier in the season when people question the decision to give them minutes...in the end its a matter of show-casing them for a trade. It may be a gamble, but if any of the bench continued to perform well during the 4th quarter, it may give more confidence to that player or if the player is to be traded, spur another GM to give up more for that particular player.

Right now, depending on how optimistic one is, the Rockets are still in a great position to make the play-off, and perhaps some may feel that there is room to do these sort of stuff.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Should have gone back to the starters at 9 down when they were obviously winded. They did their job getting us back in it. Starters should have been fresh for a final push.

5. ngazi

ngazi Member

Looks like I can't rate threads.

6. Lihao

Lihao Member

did you check their FG% ? :rolleyes:

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Seems like the right move to me.

1st night of a back to back, starters got behind by double digits early, bench brought us back, so stick with what was working.

or...

MCHALE HAS LOST THE TEAM, THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HIM, HE IS A BAD LEADER, HE IS SECRETLY AN ALIEN IN DISGUISE, HE IS A RACIST, HE HATES THINGS WITH BEARDS AND PEOPLE FROM TURKEY.

I mean its gotta be one of these two things.

It didn't work out, on to the next game.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Check it for what?

9. Cynops

Cynops Member

I don't think he thought the bench could overcome the deficit, there was an off-chance they could have done it. But like most people have said, the point want to send a message to the starters and also rest them for the Clippers game. I'm kind of 50/50 on this decision, but I really have no problem with it. McHale's made a lot of decisions that drove me crazy, but this wasn't one of them.

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Maybe it's because he knows that we have a very difficult and equally important game tonight at home against the Clippers. But go ahead with your idiotic ranting...

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

The bench brought us back against their bench. When Hollins put back their starters, our bench had no chance. I understand the starters played bad, but they are the only ones that can match up Memphis' starters. McHale gave the game away.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree with everythng but the part in Red.

I do not think he is an ALIEN in Disguise.

I think that is his real alien face and he is not even trying to hide it.

13. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

mchale for all of his greatness as a player, is a horrible head coach.

bench players are bench players for a reason and starters are starters for a reason. I cant believe the concept is lost on him.

as soon as we got it down to six or seven, he should have inserted some of his starters. This old school coaching from the gut mentality will get you nowhere fast.

Coach with your head, not your gut. Bench players know their role, they played their role great last night, but as usual just like in the dallas game, mchale didnt hold his end of the bargain which is to try to take the lead with some of your starters.

Ive never seen a coach so inept at substitutions, and when to call a time out.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

1+1

Easy to figure out.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

you havent figured out ***** sherlock. a lot of it is because yes he's asian and that has given him a short leash especially with black posters.

and no, im not asian, not from asia, im from houston and ive criticized Lin for his piss poor play.

16. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Sometimes I really wonder if you guys watch the game..Asik had 2 possesions in the 1. quarter, I believe where he either fumbeled or used a horrible attempt to make a basket. After that he had like 3 Dunks in a very short amount of time in the 2. quarter (His rebounds also were very low in the 1. due to the high perc. of both teams).

So basically fans like you watch a player a few times and when he's not flashy enough to follow him the whole season your judgement of this player remains exactly the same for the remainder of the WHOLE friggin season.

If you want to watch someone with stone hands watch Perkins..

Parsons was the other starter who really came in to play, so these 2 guys alone would have been enough to give us a chance against Memphis in the end imo.

17. me005

me005 Member

The best stint last night was at 1Q 7m mark, +7 in less than 3m with Harden/Lin/Parsons/Smith/TRob. However, MH didn't ride the "hot" hand this time, he changed things up in less than 3m and never went back with the same line up the rest of the game. The starters defensive effort are lackluster at times, but the sub pattern by MH is just a huge momentum killer IMO.

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Both teams coming off a b2b.

All our guys looking fresh and Clippers looking dead ;)

All hail McHale

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jeremy just said this is the first time all year the team played with energy for a full 4 quarters. Good to see the team react well to McHale's tough love.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Was it because of the benching? Or was it because of Harden out?
    Regardless, Harden is gonna be the escape goat instead of McHale till next time!