1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/5/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2003.

1. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

What on God's green earth makes you think this is going to happen? Do you honestly think ANYTHING will change tonight? I've been watching long enough to know that under Rudy's system, nothing changes.

2. jli

jli Member

I just looked into my crystal ball, and it was telling me that Boki would start and make 10 straight 3s assisted by Ming.

3. tiger488

tiger488 Member

It seems like the rockets are not improving (except MING),even worse,descenting.I hardly see movements on the court but bad decisions are unremittingly made.

4. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Watching the way the Raptors recently played, esp. Carter, Raptors is not a bad team anymore. They are surging and the Rockets are falling, I am not so optimistic. As a Rockets fan, I do hope they can start a winning streak through this game.

RudyT said publicly he would change the starter lineup yesterday but it appears that he never do it. Will he do it tonight? I think MT should start instead of either JP or EG.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rockets win

No damn team that steals Dream is going to beat us.

Rockets win, and **** what you heard.

6. rockyymf

rockyymf Member

Raptor will play better team ball, but Steve and Mobley will fire up with 30 points each. Yao will have 6 shooting attempts scoring 10 points and 11 rebounds. We win a close game in the end. There will be a big fight in this BBS after the game about whether Steve and Mobley should pass Yao the ball when they are smoking hot.

7. courtside

courtside Member

There's gonna be a HUGE Chinese contingent at the ACC tonight. It's estimated that between 4 - 5,000 Chinese fans will attend.

For those who don't know, TO's 400,000 comprise the largest Chinese city outside China itself. There are 3 Chinese TV stations, 3 radio stations and 3 newspapers in Toronto alone.

There was a contest at a mall where 150 tickets were up for grabs and thousands showed up to be in a Yao look-alike contest... The GTA is home to about 750,000 people of mixed Asian backgrounds who are already big Raptor/NBA fans. Yao is a very big deal around here - I've seen #11 jerseys around town as well - more than Kobe or TMac.

Yeah - the Raptors are 9-5 with Carter back in the line-up. I would say that the only position where the Rox have a glaring advantage is at C so they may as well going to Ming early, and often. Francis tends to have good games vs Toronto as well, but our guard play has been quite good lately, defensively as well.

Good luck to the Rockets but I'm cheering for a Raptors win and will go on the record with a prediction of 96-85... or a double digit margin of victory.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well, You are predicting wrong... b****

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

These two teams are like elevators passing in the night, one is going up, the other is going down. Raptors will dominate, but Ming will have a monster game. Raptors 98 Rockets 82. The first losing record of the season is near. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

keep Ming, trade the rest

10. Sane

Sane Member

Yao almost never dissapoints when lots of Chinese fans are around.

There's no place for losing anymore. below .500? Please. I'm officially off the Rockets playoff bandwagon if we lose this game.

I predict

Rockets 103
    Raptors 89

3-pt party tonight.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Raptors worse then Rockets...

Yao should have a monster game

25 pts 13 rebounds 4 blocks

Rocks 95
    Raptors 83

DD

12. firerudyt

firerudyt Member

Okay... here's problem:

The Rox org is used to having a dominant center. Although not quite there, Yao is getting there. With the addition of a dominant center, you have to have two to three players who are pure shooters and are capable of having big nights shooting nothing but three pointers. In the past it's been the likes of Sam Mack, Tracy Murray, Pete Chilcutt, Robert Horry, Brent Price, Matt Maloney, Mario Elie, Scott Brooks, and Matt Bullard. Who on the team currently can you label as a pure shooter? Anybody? Anybody? Ferris? Anybody? How about NOBODY???

I can see Yao making strides to pass the ball out of the double and triple team as good as Hakeem (too bad Hakeem can't teach the guy just yet), but there's no use in doing it unless we have the shooters. I don't think Francis, Mobley, Posey, Norris, Morris, or Griffin qualify as pure shooters.

In the offseason the Rox need a couple of players like Eric Piatkowski, Wesley Person, or maybe take Tracy Murray back from the Lakers. I'm sure contracts from them will come cheap.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn the Rockets are still playing? I thought we forfieted the rest of our games.

Oh well. I've figured out how I can stop getting depressed from watching Rocket games. I plan on not watching today.

Woo hoo!

14. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

I'm a Raptors fan first and a Rockets fan second, so I hope the Rockets win.

Rockets 95, Raptors 86

Carter will NOT crown Yao, since Carter visited Yao during his visit to China last summer.

GO ROCKETS!

15. Sane

Sane Member

If you're a Raptors fan first, then why do you want the Rockets to win?

Better lottery hope?

16. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Exactly :cool:

17. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

Rockets: 112
    Raptors: 105

Steve : 17 points, 5/15
    Cat: 22 points, 11/22
    Yao: 16 points, 8/14

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

You mean the rest of the team can come up with 57 points with their shooting lately? You are dreaming.

19. "da Jet"

"da Jet" Member

I suggest everyone with extra money to go to a sports betting website and bet on the rockets....I have a hunch we blow them out of house!
    Rockets 101
    Raptors 86

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, there is a loss right there...I don't think The Rockets have won a single game this season with DaDa predicting a victory. :)