1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Missing U: Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It would make them better. Rockets still need at least one star. Rockets are in a weird position in that they are close to two start status. Talent..especially future talent is more important to Rockets than chemistry this season. Developing chemistry with players that won't be with Rockets for two more seasons isn't important.

Lin, Harden, DMo, Asik, Parsons, Beverley, and Anderson are probably here for two more seasons. Getting these guys chemistry is needed. I think Rockets want to keep Delfino and Smith, but contract status might impact it. Robinson...he makes a lot and might not fit.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cxbby responded to that first part...the 2nd....

Trob is nothing like Twill. Twill skipped practices and didn't give a F. Robinson by the coaches own admission is the first one there and the last one to leave. Maybe that is why he's getting minutes?

You are completely not getting it, it's not about this year at all. At all. It's about getting a better player via trade or that player being trob.

This is how you see it...
    "Trob is a bust, solid bench player at best. We just gave up a average vet to get some busty player. Makes no sense."

This is how Morey sees it...
    "Trob has a chance to be really good in this league. If not he'd be a great sweetner for a big deal. Either way this move gets us closer to getting another superstar either by trade or maybe even if he can develop into one."

That's it. It's that simple. As for potential, Trob was mostly a consensus no.2 pick. He actually fell this draft. I'm tired of him being compared to guys like Twill, Thabeet, Hill, Flynn...Thabeet doesn't even like basketball all that much.

Since coming to the Rockets Robinson has looked much better. If he's going to be a big time player it isn't going to happen in one season, sorry.

Also lol we sucked at PF for the entire season with Patterson there. Go back and look at all the threads. People wanted him gone, there was a thread where people jsut complained about Patterson....we lost that matchup nearly every night and Patterson wasn't consistent. We did not give up Zach Randolph guys.

We gave up a guy who was a average player that won't even start on every team in the NBA

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is wrong about Harden. Because people thought Presti should have taken Evans or anyone else instead and how he had made a big mistake. I remember hearing that a TON even in the national media.

4. hali

hali Member

I am pretty sure Harden is talent enough.

5. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

With PPat, Rockets beat the Grizzlies. But without him, Grizzlies are scoring at will. D'Mo with 2 quick fouls and Robinson ineffective.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Randolph would abuse PPatt in the paint. Please stop.

7. nono

nono Member

Who knew Morey's plan was to have Delfino guarding centers?

8. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Then how did Rockets blow out Grizzlies with PPat?

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Patterson didn't even play that game.......

10. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

It was Morris, my bad. Morris is still much better than D'Mo.

11. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

you're a worse poster than one encouraging rape. get the **** outta here

12. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

So you think D'Mo is playing good?

13. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

without a doubt much much better than TRob. and he has done well. bigs arent scoring when hes on the floor.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hate this thread

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clutchfans can be a joke sometimes...

Same threads get bumped after every win, and same threads get bumped after every loss. Simply no objectivity from hardly anybody.

Every win = We're awesome! Playoff bound! I love this team! Harden's awesome!

Every loss = We suck! Harden's terrible, bench him now! McFail! Robinson sucks what are you thinking Morey?!?!

Ridiculous...

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

But he hasn't this season

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I can not believe Rockets got rid of Pattrick Patterson, i thought he's solid defensively and offensively and shoot very well....along w/ Douglas and Marcus Morris. WHY the hell you removed these players?? Is it cap space saving? If not, this is just dumb stupid trades. If they're after Thomas Robinson, Morey is a moron...i am a Kings fan and Rockets fan and i seen enough of Thomas Robinson to know he sucks bad!! There's a reason he didn't even get to start in the Kings' roster...because he's raw and not fundamental. Why do you invest in players that is raw and doesn't seem to play w/ fundamental when you already developed some that play fundamental basketball like Patterson and Morris...this is just stupid.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL it happened a month ago. Get over it or get lost...:rolleyes:

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How did Patterson do against the Lakers? I missed it.

Maybe Carl Herrera could update us with his stat line?

Thanks in advance.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Better than Thomas Robinson did against LAC. Missed some shots but defended well and was in at crunch time.