1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Missing U: Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2013.

1. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

PPat automatic jumper! D'Mo = no offense

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We went 7-3 over our last 10 games I dont think the trade has changed are playoff push one bit. The trade was good gave us a player with higher potential and kept us in the same playoff spot. I don't see the problem with the trade like Carl thinks. Plus Trob has gotten better every game and is showing why he went top 5. I love his energy and hustle I really like watching him play and he makes things happen when on the court. Him and smith were the two best players on the team tonight.

3. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

PPat with the Rockets destroyed the Warriors. PPat with the Kings also beat the Warriors.

4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

PPat and the Rockets did not beat the Spurs.

Rockets without PPat beat the Spurs.

Dumb logic arguing happening.

2 people like this.
  5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Or if we make the playoffs and get spanked as if we didn't belong.

The confidence and chemistry this team had before trading off 1/3 of our active roster for "potential" (player or bust...tbd) and scraps from one of the worst teams in the league < the confidence and value added from actually putting up a good 1st round fight.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

No one is mad at you for having a different opinion. People are annoyed at your constant trolling. Some people are even trolling you back. The reason why the discussion has slowed down is because you stopped bumping your own threads and making new ridiculous ones now that it has become increasingly clear that you were wrong. The discussion has slowed down because those who argued with you have the decency not to rub it in your face now, most of them at least.

No one argued with you that Robinson could be a bust. Everyone knew that going in. The crux of the argument is this, what was the cost of the trade?

Your answer:

My response:

You were wrong.

There was ZERO cost to this trade.

We get a FREE look at Robinson's potential.

And if he doesn't pan out, big whoop. We were never resigning Patterson for anything above $5M/year anyways.

1 person likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Rockets were going to win 2 games AT best with or without Patterson.

It's your opinion that Patterson made that big of a difference...becuase I don't see it personally. Team went on a losing streak with Patterson...he wasn't the stablizing force, as the team went he went as well....and he wasn't a guy you ran a offense around.

"Potential" do you realize how important that is in this league? Potential is what Harden had. Potential is what Blake had. Potential is what every superstar player has before they actually become a superstar player. If you don't take the chance at potential then you're never getting a superstar player.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i am completely shocked that this thread was bumped. completely

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Looks like PPat found a new home in Sac. The fans seem to be appreciating his game and the Trade. That's good in a way, other teams would probably be more willing to deal with Daryl knowing he doesn't trade away garbage for goods all the time. (Mitch Kupchack) anyone.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The team had chemistry before the trade...now? Not so much.

Harden was a proven player who has excelled even more in his spotlight...a max contract player...hence e reason for the trade. So if you consider Harden as having the same potential value as TRob then I guess we're done. Me? I think TRob has the same "potential" as TWill but has been given minutes because well...what other choices do we now have? More DMo? Delfino at PF? So how important is that again? Worth sucking at PF and making it harder on everyone else to pull out a win?

1 person likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Did the team have chemistry on its 7 game losing streak? How about when it lost to Indiana on the road by 10 with Patterson putting up 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1-8 FG, goose egg everything else? Did the team have less chemistry in the 3 losses to SA and 2 losses to OKC compared to our 2 wins against those teams since the trade? Did they?

Robinson doesn't have the same potential value as Harden, that's why we didn't get Harden for Patrick Patterson. The truth is, no one knows what Trob will eventually become. Morey has his guess, and I would take his guess over yours, but he has proven to be wrong in the past as well. But the point is, you thought the trade could cost this team its playoff berth. That isn't happening. So we gave up nothing.

12. hali

hali Member

You do know they called a player's meeting and PPAt has made some points and they grind out a win after that right?

You also know that before the training camp, PPat actually gather players around to have some practice session right?

Chemistry sometimes is overrated though.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Chemistry us only important once a team has the talent.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

I have a feeling we win championship this year, and in finals we meet not Miamia Heat. :eek:

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Every player has "potential" before they play in the NBA, because they haven't played. However, it was clear as soon as Harden and Blake stepped on the court that they were going to be good. The only question was and is how good. With Trob and Dmo, it's not clear they will ever belong in an NBA rotation.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's funny how people jeered about Linsanity as "small sample size" and yet use the minuscule sample size to "prove" that Robinson is better than Patterson for the Rockets.

Not saying that Robinson won't be good. But can't you just wait a bit longer to declare this a "sure win" trade?

Patterson has already proven to be a good rotation player. And he might still improve, especially on his post game. He's been doing quite well on the supposedly "dysfunctional" Kings where Robinson's potential was supposedly stunned. Those who say that he is a piece of worthless garbage are just blind haters.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Garbage is not right word. Rockets want to stay below luxury cap. Patterson only had a season before he left in free agency. TRob has potential and is also a good rebounder already.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rocket fan no appreciate talent patterson bring to table! I glad he get trade because now people can really see and appreciate who he is patterson play hart out for rox but rox fans never give him no respect. I beg at trade deadline "Please trade PPAT!" his fan no love him here he deserve so much better and not coach who don't trust him. Even when PPAT display sportsmanship and love tap thunder player on ass for gesture rocket fan no appreciate his intangible and locker room asstap leadership. I glad he got traded. Rocket fan now do same to Lin . :(

19. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Do you mean that chemistry is not important with a team like the Rockets?

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

*upsidedown?*Que? Pero me no unduhstann amigo.