1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009, 2010, 2011 NBA REDRAFT. Where should Harden, Lin & Parsons be picked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Mar 21, 2013.

1. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

This is ridiculous, Lin has outplayed Wall since the draft and yet people still picking him over Lin. Wall has not shown he could carry a team for a small stretch, yet he gets a pass every time. Lin shown he carried a team without 2 superstars in ny at the time, but yet he's still not good. Unbelievable

2. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Guys this is getting out of topic like for reals... this is for 2009, 2010, 2011 NBA REDRAFT. Where should Harden, Lin & Parsons be picked? not Wall vs. Lin. If you guys keep arguing about them two make a thread or something

3. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Are you surprised? Because he is lin. He always needs to do triple works
    to get people know him.

4. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

That's actually wrong. Rose has a good midrange jumper, which is why he never struggled to score as inefficient in his rookie season as John Wall.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You mean like how Lin was nearly out of the league?

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're trying to sell me on the fact that Rose had a good mid range game as a rookie?

7. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Dude, you can search it up if you don't believe me. You know what, let me do it for you since I'm in a good mood today.

Rose's rookie season
    [​IMG]

Wall's rookie season
    [​IMG]

Rose struggled with the 3 pt shots, not the mid-range jumper.

8. newAge_Rockets

Griffin couldn't lead his team to wins before Paul, so why would you ever take him over harde who is leading our team to the playoffs

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Wall is on a different planet than Lin, talent-wise. If you can't see this, I hope you get some sort of reconstructive surgery on your eyes and brain.

The following 2010 Draftees would go before Lin:
    John Wall
    Paul George
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Greg Monroe
    Larry Sanders
    Gordon Hayward
    Derrick Favors
    Ed Davis
    Evan Turner
    Eric Bledsoe
    Avery Bradley

Then you have guys on Lin's level such as Greivis Vasquez and Lance Stephenson.

I don't understand this idiocy on the board about Lin being a top-5 or 10 future PG. He's not. He's proven that he's solid and has room to grow, but I don't know what games you guys are watching to jump to such stupid conclusions.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not saying Griffin is better than Harden, but you are making an absurd comparison.

Those were griffins first few years in the league. This is Harden's fourth. Kevin Durant won 20 and 23 games his first two seasons. Very few players can dominate right out of the gate. The only guys I can really think of are shaq and duncan and they had pretty good teams around them.

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

You are comparing Wall to Lin's best stretch. You could use the same argument you just presented against Irving. I guess Lin is better than Kyrie too?

You are also ignoring the fact Lin had a healthy Tyson Chandler with him. Acting like he's just some bum. Chandler is better than any player Wall has ever got to play with his entire career, with maybe the exception of Nene who he is finally playing with this season and has a .500+ record with.

Without Wall the Wizards were on pace to finish the season with 12 wins. They are over .500 with Wall(and Nene starting to be able to play more mins).

There really is no argument for saying Lin is better than Wall.

John Wall is currently better than Lin
    John Wall has a higher ceiling than Lin
    John Wall is 2 years younger than Lin

So what argument can you really make?

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

First one year, even. He had the knee cap fracture season, then his rookie year, then CP3.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

We need Johnny Flynn versus Jeremy Lin tracking thread..

14. Fighton

Fighton Member

everything "athletically" is there minus the jumper. but does he have what it takes up there in his head to be a successful PG? i don't know what his mental makeup is but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

lin didn't have a jumper earlier in the year either and that was a huge deal for everybody but wall not having a jumper is no big deal? i don't get it. but whatever..

yeah wall has been hobbled by injury and hasn't really been given a fair shake because of that. lin was also hobbled by injury up until NOW (if cyberx is to be believed). why does injury excuse apply to wall but not to lin on this board? i don't get this one either.

now that lin is playing at near 100% and we've seen what he could do over the past two months, as a second/third option on offense. for the year so far (both coming off of injury) they have similar FG% with lin averaging a little higher in steal/gm and lower in TO/gm. wall is playing more minutes per game.

their stats this year hasn't been all that different, if you look at both on a per 36, with wall being the #1 option on offense.

looking at both their careers as starters, i think lin has proven a lot more in his first 1 1/2 as a starter than wall has in 3 years. based on what they've shown this year alone (after injury), i don't see how anyone can say definitively that one player will definitely have a better career than the other.

but if you go by eye test alone, yeah wall looks more the part of a nba pg, just like lin looks more the part of a brain surgeon, if you get my drift.

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I remember clearly. There were plenty of people picking Flynn over Lin. A number of them said that Flynn was clearly more athletic.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I am not going to argue about where Lin would fall, but I will say we got the best player drafted since 2009 (streak most likely continues with this upcoming draft). During this timeline, a lot of our Rockets fans wanted us to tank for the best player in the draft. Feels good.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

LOL...

that would be a bit dramatic.

18. conquistador#11

Well at least wall doesn't turn the ball over left and right to the tune of 3.9 turnovers. =/

19. PeppermintCandy

Why am I not surprised this thread has turned into a Lin vs. Wall argument?

1 person likes this.
  20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Harden if not the top pick, is in the top 3. Parsons is a top 20 pick probably picked up by 15. Lin is probably a late 1st round pick, love the kid myself but like Parsons, his skin color will hold him back short of another bout of Linsanity hitting before that.