1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White leaving RGV to go back to Houston, but not to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Mar 21, 2013.

1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

2. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Nothing to see here....

Move along, move along....

3. YaosDirtyStache

Any man who likes to get his ass eaten doesnt belong on the NBA court much less on the team I love.

NEXT.

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think alot more fans would be completely sympathetic with Royce if:

A) He was in shape. Sure he might not be in 100% game shape working out alone, but at least make it look like you are working out period.

B) He could tell us what it is the Rockets aren't giving him. He says: "There are some issues on the table that need to be addressed and we're calling this a time to address them.", yet can't answer "What did you need from the Rockets that you did not receive?". If he wanted it all private then he shouldn't have made his complaints so public.

C) Take all the help offered. When there are reports that team paid therapy had been available since day one and ANY absenses from team functions would be excused if he attended, then it's hard to feel sympathy when you find out he never attended any of them until he stopped getting paid for skipping team functions that were in Houston.

D) He might want to spend a little more time talking about what he is doing to work on treating his condition rather than how the Rockets aren't accommodating his condition. Pre-draft he was very public in his belief he could over come his anxiety. After signing his contract it is all about living with his condition with the minimal amount of discomfort to himself, and avoiding team provided therapy designed to help him overcome his issues.

His unwillingness to fly is actually probably the lowest thing on the totem pole as far as what bothers me about his situation. It's the public complaining without actually being able to tell us what it is he wants that he isn't getting. Right or wrong, it leaves the impression that he is using his real condition as a scapegoat to get out of any situation that isn't going the way he wants, and that he has minimal interest in working to actually get treatment.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Now that Royce collected a couple of paychecks, he is off the team. Do you guys see the pattern here?

Got paid > off the team > out of money > back to the team

Vicious cycle continues and he is driven by $. All that other bullshyt noble causes are nothing but smoke screen.

I bet by training camp next season, he is ready to go b/c by that time, he will be out of $$$.

6. seeingred

seeingred Member

terrence jones showed up and took his lunch money and his playing time. what else could royce do ?

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Disgusting. This is like a horrendous reality show that has no redeeming value. I'd much rather watch the same Kardashian episode over and over.

8. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

it feels good man

:confused:

9. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

10. Prince

Prince Member

early trade coming :D

11. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Why dont we just cut him already? He can't do nothing on the court and yet he is still whining. He's lucky that we gave him a chance.

12. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

All he's ever done is "take" and offered nothing in return.

Therein lies his demise...in the NBA and life.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL of course the team physician would say staying home in his nice home in Houston is better for his "situation" than on a traveling d league team where he stays in a hotel.

Seems like he forced the physicians hand. Like he told him, "hey doc, my anxiety is acting up. You think it would be better if I just stayed home?" Well, logically of course it would, Royce. That would be the safest place to b.... *Looks up, Royce is nowhere to be found* Umm Royce, where did you go? *sounds of Royce's tires screeching as he jets out of town*

1 person likes this.
  14. LiveEatSleepRox

For someone with anxiety issues, he's got no problems with making himself look like an idiot, with those glasses, on TV !

15. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I just want Royce to go away.
    [​IMG]
    Clearly scammin

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Him being out of shape definitely undermined everything he was saying.

In any case, it is on him to figure out what he needs to do to overcome this stuff. Remarkably, it seems like the door hasn't completely shut on him and he's very fortunate in that regard. Hopefully he will do what he says in his tweet and get in superman shape, but I doubt anyone is holding their breath.

Still some of the vitriol being spewed here - particularly with the homophobic remarks - is pretty distasteful. People need to get a grip and keep things in perspective.

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He's a first round pick, the team has to pay him regardless. It's no skin off their nose whether he plays or not now. Cutting him would only be symbolic and it would be giving him what he wants.

At this point Royce White is like that guy that applied for a job as a Hooter's waitress. He did it to make a point and ultimately try to get a lawsuit and publicity out of it, but at the end of the day they had no intention/desire to wait tables in a Hooter's uniform. By not cutting him the Rockets are, in effect, calling his bluff.

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

what team will possibly want him!!

19. autoprt

autoprt Member

i wish he would be a globetrotter and that would end this. i had so much sympathy for him but enough already.

20. tefunk

tefunk Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.