1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2013.

1. kozmo

kozmo Member

it has to do with the horrible shooting of this team....Harden didnt shoot great either.....but this is on everyone but harden and lin.....they need help...

Lin has been balling....i think it was 24 last game, 21 tonight and the game prior 14 and 8 half way through the 3rd before they blew that team out and he didnt see the floor again....HES PLAYING GREAT

2. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Everyone has off-nights shooting, but this loss was about the D and effort, as are all the other losses, as that's something you can control night in and night out. The D has been terrible most of, if not the whole season, but because the offense is predicated on 3's, we always have a chance.

So naturally, we look at who's not giving effort on D...

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Just started watching the game on LP and for the first time this season I couldn't watch past half time. Last game was bad but this game was million times worst. I got better things to do then wasting my time watching this filth.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Over exaggeration. Harden actually challenged a lot of those shots, but with a shooter like Klay if he gets any space you're dead.

It's about team defense because if they are setting screens for a player like Klay it's almost inevitable that he's going to get open no matter who is guarding him because that's why teams run screens for players.

5. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

There is no spoon...I mean PG, on this team.

6. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

OK Pat goes off and the Lakers lose, this forces Kobe to rush his rehab and then re-injures his ankle in the next game, then the Lakers go into a tailspin and miss the playoffs. If this happens I will completely forget about this game.

GO KINGS!

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After 2 of 13 shooting day, Parsons went t o practice court to shoot.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/313465418104844290">March 18, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. GWST11

GWST11 Member

Are you guys accusing Lin of taking plays off? Or maybe it's because Curry is a superstar who was on a roll tonight, as superstars often do..

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

well people were going off on him missing 3 fts and in the same post saying it wouldnt matter anyway.

Then there's posts about him having poor stamina. Then anytime anyone wants to say something about Harden, people go off on Curry scoring 29, which then gets the Lin supporters riled up and round and round we go.

at least we've stopped the start beverley comments.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

It is not the case. Harden has a habit of ballwatching and leaving his man wide open almost every game. It is not an accident that his man has a career high game.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

One more thing. Lin needs to become a better cutter to get open, but I don't know if Mac would even allow this kind of freedom. It's a fact that Rockets are ****ty at setting screens for Lin. If Lin had the same good screens that Curry gets, Lin would be averaging 20+ every game. Lin is doing well in this system.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...come after Wednesday, if Houston beats Utah, it may still be a good week for the Rockets.

13. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

i'm sorry, klay destroyed us. and that's on harden this game.

14. chen55

chen55 Member

This is because McFail made this team as a jump shot team, one day when you don't have hot hand, you will lose. A real good team need to be able to finish under the hoop by big men, while this team's number 4 position is always a perimeter shooter.

15. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Really? Did they help the opposition score? Umm... They should be benched. Blame the coach.

16. OpportunityCost

Exactly, why not switch on all picks. We're playing small ball anyway. Ridiculous.

Also I wish we ran more offensive sets like the Warriors.

17. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Curry would crap in his shorts if Lin pulled that off lol :D

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Didn't catch the game cause I was flying back to school. Can somebody fill me in on what went so horribly wrong?

19. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Haha haven't heard that one in a while

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

The players with the most salary on the team are Lin, Harden and Asik. Because they have the highest expectations, I don't see why they shouldn't be talked about the most.

And they are.

Parsons was obviously playing over his head that 6 game stretch and the law of averages is kicking into effect. I expect him to have quite a few bad games from here on out. He's just not that good yet.