1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights vs. Suns - career high 19 points

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agree.

2. rocketsmetalspd

This is great to see from DMo. He will only get better and to think this is 3rd incarnation of the Rockets this season:

1st starting pre season with KMart
    2nd starting over with the addition of Harden
    3rd trading Morris, Douglas, Aldrich, and Patterson and starting over with new additions and adding DMo to the starting unit.

If you look at it, it is like having three pre season camps in one season. I can't wait till this new version of the Rockets gets to gel before the playoffs.

3. alethios

alethios Member

I'd love to say get used to this line-up but my feeling is that this line-up will change in the offseason. Harden is the only sure thing at this point. I know you're talking about this season, but from my perspective, even if this team does start to gel going into the playoffs, there's still a good chance we trade some of them away or add a key piece in FA during the summer. Either way, this core seems destined for change.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Pfft i cant get enough of it. :p

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

feed d-money the ball in the post!

he should throw a tantrum about not getting the ball in the post

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I hope you're right about that.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You never know with Morey but I would think it would stay close to the same unless we get Dwight or Bynum.

I don't think Harden, Parson's or Dmo are going anywhere. With Lin's and Asik's contract I also think there is a good chance they will be here. All I see is Asik being moved for Dwight or Bynum. I think we are good at the 2, 3, 4 and Lin has a good upside.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

DMo has something that makes him just as untouchable as Parsons and Harden. Skill for his size. It's very rare for a player his size to have his offensive skill set. You only trade him away for a SIGNED star.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Still looks like a walking stick out there. I haven't been around the NBA long enough to see the development of prior walking sticks such as Yao Ming or Dirk, so I'll withhold judgement.

10. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

AGREED!!!!!

11. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Beautiful post moves + 3 point range + commitment to defense + maniacal work ethic =

Superstar in the making.

Assuming good health/no injury, this guy WILL become one of the best players in the league.

12. New

And consider he is left-handed...

13. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

This guy needs to do what he's doing now for the rest of the season and then just dominate in Summer League as the focal point of the team this July. Hopefully he can show the coaching staff that he belongs on this team long term.

14. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

All 3 are actually completely different. Year 2 Dirk was ready. He has never been fast, nor played D, nor been a dominant rebounder, never needed to fill out. Yao started out rebounding well, his D took a few years to get there, developed by adding lower body str, and his shot and hooks were money from the get go. Donuts is different, he has speed and quickness. I'd say he never becomes a good 1v1 defender, but will alter some shots, though never block them. His jumper will improve, and he is already top level in post play and passing. I'd say only look for his efficiency and stamina to improve, don't look for other things. Rebounds will go up as STA improves, not STR, he doesn't have Yao's body to fill into.

15. Arthurprescott2

Would it be strange to say he reminds me of early KG?

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does Morey find these guys?

And yet how does he pick so poorly with the 1st rounders he does have?

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i think we're the only team that's really high on 2nd rounders

good vid. not sure if been posted

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXnE-dOMisI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

long vid

18. Convictedstupid

DMo was a first rounder.

1 person likes this.
  19. AFS

AFS Member

As said above, DMo was a first round pick. I think the Aaron Brooks pick was a pretty good one as well.

20. allaroundplayer

D-Mo and Jones will be a good combination. He is the only other big that can shoot the 3-pointer. That will put D-Mo in the post without a chance another big can double team.

Really I don't like Garcia that much. Brooks, Anderson, or Jones could replace him as a bench player with a little creativity.

Ever since the trade, the bench isn't as good as it was before. I don't what the solution is.

Signing Brooks may turn out to be a negative. Beverley is not the same player he used to be. It's causing him to always look over his shoulder.

I really think they need to try Robinson as a defender at small forward. That could be really helpful if he could do it versus the physical and bigger 3s.