1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you as frustrated as I am as a Texans Fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by wadero, Mar 12, 2013.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The stupidity, it burns! Who is Schaub's replacement coming off a 12-4 year? You guys do know that he can be cut after 2013, right?

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Texans have most of their money tied up in Schaub, AJ, and Foster. I think it's hard for the Texans to make any big moves as long as those three are on the team. I think about all we can do now is hope that the Texans have an injury free year where all their best players stay on the field. I think the Texans may have peaked last year, but I hope I am wrong.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

dunno if yall feel me

but texans management is too conservative.. take that however you will.

it just screams good ol boys club to me

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Texans are a conservative organization. From the owner to the GM to the coach. As such, they rely heavily on building through the draft and keeping their own FA's. You can win that way. It's just that it took so long for this team to become good that the window is relatively small and building through the draft probably isn't going to take us from where we are to Super Bowl level. And being a conservative organization, they're not willing to take risks to improve short term odds for fear of a quicker decline once the window closes. It is what it is.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can we please stop scapegoating the special teams coach. He wasn't the reason they got blown out in NE.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

So fire Wade Phillips? He was the reason we got blown out in New England!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

While he is top 5 at his position, he's not a superstar. It's sort of like Omer Asik being one of the best centers...but not a superstar exactly. Cushing is a great player though but if you look at the impact Watt has on the team compared to Cushing then that is what I'm talking about.

Cushing one of the best at his position, Watt one of the best players in the NFL no matter the position.

I don't think so.

Cushing coming back will help the team and who knows maybe Merciless starts to improve? You can always improve on the inside...or a guy like Walter leaving could open up the offense. The right side of the line was young and inexperienced and now have a years worth of experience so there is that as well.

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

oh dear god. Texans fans have apparently gone full mentally challenged.

9. 713

713 Member

Texans should fire the person that keeps booking the games in primetime.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, you said don't fire Marciano based on one game, NE, where "he wasn't the reason they got blown out".

Sure, let's ignore the previous 10 years here, for one game where he wasn't the reason. Keep on battlefightin' Joe! You're doing a fabulous job with those kids!

What must one do to get fired? Sleep with Bob & Gary's wife?

#30 J.R., Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. conquistador#11

cushing makes that entire d-line better, the stunts are actually feared. We can still accomplish our goal of superbowl, just got to find a way to avoid the pats.

12. mikedunn08

mikedunn08 Member

Are we getting extra picks in this years draft, or is that just speculation? Would like to see some picks to trade up.

13. Summer Song Giver

It feels like I've raised a B or C student.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was pissed at 6-10
    I'm good now

Rocket River

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

What crawled up your ass? I didn't say that he shouldn't be fired and I would understand the reason for doing so. I simply said that the scapegoating/piling on of a special teams coach has been overblown and it gets annoying. It just isn't that big of a priority in my eyes. I rank it somewhere, just above changing out water boys.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would be more pissed if the Rockets weren't so much fun to watch this year. That being said I suspect this Texans team might have already peaked. I think a slow and steady decline is in order.

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This thread with the thread of Walter being released at the top of discussion is counter supportive. Things may easily play out very well going forward with personnel. Walter being released is going to help the fluster feelings.

18. Summer Song Giver

What frustrates me is that for years this team was bad to very bad, yet soemhow they were apparently always right at the edge of cap problems, even while being bad to very bad; so much so that the signings of JJo and Manning pushed them over the line and into salary cap hell. Since then, we have done nothing but have to cut or walk away from quality guys who were a part of the building process.

That said, I feel this team has reached the top of it's proverbial mountain and this season will begin it's descent towards another valley.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that's not what i said at all...

20. drewd17

drewd17 Member

They're predicting that we get a 3rd rounder (M.Williams) and a 6th (J. Allen) compensation picks but here's the catch we can't trade compensation picks.