1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 years ago...Branch Davidians burned to death near Waco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 11, 2013.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Gramm-Leach-Bliley would make that list, IMO.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Are you still busy flipping coins to figure out climate change?

Or are you flipping coins to determine what character you would like to play on the BBS today...

1 person likes this.
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

are you telling me that you don't believe agents Conway LeBleu, Todd McKeehan, Robert John Williams and Steven Willis were killed in the initial gun battle?

the raid was botched, bungled, disastrous,etc...

but those agents were killed by high caliber weapons owned by the Davidians, in a gun battle.

saying "you liberals" or "defender of liberals" makes you appear very biased.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Here is a really interesting read:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-waco/

Here's some interesting tidbits:

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Watch Waco: The Rules of Engagement. It's available streaming on several sources.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Children are being held hostage in a building, and the Fed's solution is to ram a tank into the building.

Brilliant!

:(

7. Granville

Granville Member

David Koresh was an F'n cultist who brainwashed stupid people.

Another Gun Nut...

Amongst the more than 200 weapons catalogued were:

19 SGW CAR-AR assault submachine guns (three fitted with silencers), nine other silencers

8 hand grenades and at least 31 other grenade parts and fragments, more than 20 pieces and fragments of rockets (apparently used to make rocket-propelled grenades) along with 1 sight for a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

3 Israeli-made IMI Galil assault rifles

10 Ruger Mini-14 assault rifles (one with a mounted scope)

A barrel for a M60 machine gun

1 30 mm rocket shell

9 FAL assault rifles (three mounted on bipods)

At least 54 AK-47 or AKS assault rifles (some converted to fully automatic submachine guns)

11 .12-gauge shotguns (one with a sawed-off barrel)

Dozens of pistols

Dozens of barrels for M-16s, AR-15s and other weapons

Gas masks and one chemical warfare suit

Several Kevlar tactical vests and other body armor and eight Kevlar helmets.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I spent too much time in this thread trying to figure out what "more" you might be referrring to, and I still don't know. Can you be specific?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just to be really super duper clear...

I can be less than thrilled with the way the authorities dealt with Koresh and his followers without supporting or liking Koresh in any way whatsoever.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please tell us what really happened. If you're not willing to do that, then this thread (like most of your posts) is just pathetic wanking.

11. ILoveTheRockets

I'm not changing the topic, just figured since you were exposing president's I figured you would want to expose the mess Reagan caused.

BUTTTT. You republicans are all the same, hype up one tragic event to hide other tragic event's. Might not be able to defend Clinton on this one, but at least I'm not cherry-picking events.

Why don't you expose the Republican golden boy Reagan for what he has done? Don't want to clip your own nuts?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The pro NRA people will tell you that none of those are as dangerous a typical consumer handgun.

13. Anxiety Trooper

This. I see folks that seemingly know very little about the subject defending the govt actions.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. Thinking the government handles a situation wrong doesn't mean you support the people on the other side of said situation.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Even though Im inclined to disagree with this statement, I would still rather trust the judgement of the NRA crowd over the naive anti-gun crowd who wouldn't know a damn thing about any of those weapons.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Any little old lady who's lived in a convent her whole life knows what a gun can do in the hands of oh, anyone. Nothing naive about that.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True it doesn't and I won't defend how Waco was handled but I think we need to remember that there was good reason for the something to be done about Davidians.

18. Raven

Raven Member

He also went into town on a regular basis. He could have been picked up away from his compound, but the Feds wanted a photo op.