1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 1, 2013.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Tinman...thank you for all your hard work & effort in posting the pics and vids. Trust me, your voice doesn't sound dorky. :) Sorry you missed the other movie. Aaaah, the sacrifice you made to inform us fans of this documentary. Will be waiting for your review.

2. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

He's just following in the footsteps of Tebow. How far did that get Tebowmania? ... oh yeah, he wouldn't have a job in the NFL if it wasn't for his constant praising of God.

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

For once Tinman is not talking about the championship glory years circa 93-94. :grin: Excellent work!

4. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Why are you so riled up? Are you surprised that at a movie screening about his personal life that you might hear about his personal beliefs?

Granted, he's also talked a bit about his faith in post-game interviews but he's just saying what he believes to be true.

Agreed that he's gotta improve his game but to him, his faith is what he thinks allows him to play better- to not focus on personal statistics but to play carefree basketball.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

actually he managed to get a dig in at a Knicks fan who wouldn't stop talking about Lin's New York days. he reminded him of the 94 series and said one word:

Olajuwon

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Volvo's are deceptively safe.....:grin:

7. kent335

kent335 Member

Thanks for posting! You should have asked him, "Why does McHale bench you in the 4th?"

8. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Part 2? :cool: Lin's story is always evolving.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

It's a given that once Lin is fully done with his basketball career he's going to write a book. I'm sure there will be some juice to squeeze out about McHail.....;)

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You're into older men o_O?

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

Something tells me that it's going to be full of platitudes and references to God.

He should just dish the dirt and settle some scores. Now that's a book by an ex-athlete that I would actually want to read.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...I'm not knocking on God, but I hope he doesn't stink it with God on every page.:grin:

13. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Unfortunately, I was not there, I'm in Shanghai.

well, I have to say it again, Tinman, you really sound young :)

thank you for your pictures and videos, delivering first-hand feelings to us, nice! and what do you think of the movie? of Lin? tell us more, please.

14. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

believing in God or not is one thing, but i won't challenge the Unknown.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

be interesting to watch this, any way to get ones hands on it?

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is kinda like those chicks that go

"Justin Bieber = GREAT GUY / All U OTHER guyz r LOOSERrrrz"

Or another other version

"Denzel Washington / LL Cool J = A REAL MAN / All Yall MuthaF***az AINT SH**! "

Why even that much smearing and propping

(still, nice thread and updates)

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Tinman is the cool guy. Thread is good except for the fact that he has to preface it by telling everyone how "cool" he is. Smh, the downfall of every tinman thread. What a douche lol

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This is exactly where the problem is, He plays for GOD and he believes his path is set by this supreme being that he surrenders himself to.

Yeah right.

Linsanity was a combination of luck, good timing and HARD WORK. It's got nothing to do with superstitious. By saying things like that he's basically discrediting himself, thats why sometimes we wonder why he seems so timid and scared on the court yet he stubbornly makes the same mistake over and over again.

Look, thats what he believes to be true, I get it. But by doing this, he is not facing his issues straight up, he's hiding behind a giant bubble figure that's nothing more than a placebo. Thats why I get pissed off every time he mentions it.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

which one?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm giving props to Jeff.

If you actually read the message and stop concentrating on the messenger you'd learn something new.

Jeff rolled up to SXSW years ago and did some awesome work.

And can you name me 1000 clutchfans better than Jeff? The one who created SaveOurRockets.com and rallied the city to build a new arena?

no.

Jeff >
    Clutch >
    Clutch Crew Originals >

#120 tinman, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013